[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much did the first 2 warcraft games have to do with the lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

How much did the first 2 warcraft games have to do with the lore of the others forward?
>>
They introduced all the important characters and locations.
>>
Warcraft 2 is by far the best, though.
>>
The canon ending of WC1 is the one where Orcs win.
>>
>>3844309
Both explain the beginning of Warcraft lore.
The truth is the lore of both games are like the size of moon compared to Sun-sized ever expanding lore of Warcraft today.
>>
File: warcraftmaps32r3we2qtrQT.jpg (636KB, 1561x1445px) Image search: [Google]
warcraftmaps32r3we2qtrQT.jpg
636KB, 1561x1445px
>>3844324
>>3844559
pretty much this.
there is much lore before the first couple warcraft games, but warcraft 1 and 2 focus on the orcish invasion of azeroth.
>>
>>3844609
>>3844343
>>3844559
Question 2: Is the game supposed to scroll fast as shit? Never had this problem with other old RTS's
>>
>>3844806
Depending on how you're running it, gameplay speed can be faster depending on the speed of your computer, which, compared to what we had back in the day, is hella fast now.

That said, I remember it going about as fast as the voice over in wc2. Don't remember the scroll speed of wc1.

Moving around was about as fast though as far as camera movement. That slowass pan was added in later games.
>>
>>3844826
Hmm, alright, all the unitsmoved slowly and there was no ther frames of reference so I didn't think it was the Cycle speed in dosbox, Ill compare it to some gameplay footage
>>
>>3844309
The best Warcraft was Tides of Darkness
>>
>>3844830
You might have to try Right-Clicking on the Properties of the .executable and Run As (Windows XP?)
>>
They changed pretty much all the lore on a fairly regular basis whenever it suited their needs. The first two games characters were more enjoyable desu.
>>
I've never played the first one. Is it worth it at this point?

The lure in 2 introduced a lot, but most of it was in the game manual (back when they were like a book in themselves). Playing WC3 for the first time was fun as hell knowing all the background. When the prophet revealed who he was I shat brix.
>>
>>3848191
It's cool, but unit AI, pathing and balance is poor.

Still the only strategy game in existence where you can summon killer scorpions, sexy water elementals and jew killing gas clouds. And the soundtrack is by Glenn Stafford.
>>
>>3844309
They were grand. Warcraft lore only fell into disgrace with the 3rd game.
>>
>>3848191
As a piece of history and for curiosity, definitely worth it.
As a game though, not really. Warcraft 2 improved on every single aspect tenfold. The only arguably better thing in Warcraft 1 were the cave missions with no base building, absent in 2.
>>
>>3844309
I totally loved warcraft 2. Its one of the finest games ever made. When warcraft 3 came out i turned my back on the series forever.
>>
>>3850495
There were definitely missions in 2 with no base-building, even in ToD
>>
File: Lastguardian.jpg (62KB, 340x542px) Image search: [Google]
Lastguardian.jpg
62KB, 340x542px
Don't mind me. I'm just being the single best Warcraft novel in existence.
>>
>>3850503
Yeah, but none in caves. I liked the caves environment.
>>
Is there still an active community for WC2? How do I get involved?
>>
>>3850546
Why would you need a community for a game that's all about the single player campaigns?
>>
>>3850549
Because multiplayer is fun? Also I like to get creative with the map editor and the AI cant handle it
>>
>>3850546
>>3850554
I think you'll just have to hang out with the WC3 peeps and be like "So who wants to WC2?"
>>
>>3844806
Both games have scroll issues with fast CPU's.
>>
Wasn't Warcraft originally going to be a Warhammer game, but GW end up backing out?
>>
>>3850637
It basically is anyway.
>>
>>3850637
Source?
>>
>>3850637
yeah dumb move on GW's part.

Blizzard kinda stole the IP and now Warhammer is even dead, although 40k is strong.
>>
>>3847462
This. I remember from the manuals that the humans actually worshiped Jesus in the originals, so a bit has changed.
>>
>>3854182
They actually worshiped God, not Jesus.
>>
>>3848191
The original is very simple, and the pace very slow compared to the others. I still love it tho, and building walls is cool.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.