[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there any strategy other than just spamming Ice Slasher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Cockman.png (4KB, 245x323px) Image search: [Google]
Cockman.png
4KB, 245x323px
So is there any strategy other than just spamming Ice Slasher from the start and tanking his hits resulting in a race to kill the other first?

I've always beaten him this way and it makes Wily's Castle a punch in the dick. I can do Yellow Devil and Wily flawlessly but Fireman always does a shit ton of damage no matter what I try. Any tips? I'm just looking to improve my MM1 run.
>>
Stand on the far left and jump when he attacks. the fire won't linger.
>>
>>3842279

Thanks a bunch, anon. Worked like a charm.
>>
I confess that I had to look up on the internet too for a strategy to beat Fireman, since I wanted to do a buster only run.

My only problem is avoiding his first attack consistently.
>>
>>3842829

OP here

Yeah I am a stubborn mule when it comes to looking things up or asking for tips. Fireman is probably the lamest fight in the whole series.

Compare him to shadowman

>Every third jump of varying height Shadowman either slides to your location and rebounds off the corner at an angle or throws shuriken in two directions

During the Shadowman fight there are clear routes of escape and after a death or two the player can figure him out. With Fireman it really seems like your only option is a standoff with Ice Slasher at first because if you get hit ONCE you're just gonna get hit nonstop after that.
>>
File: Starman.png (324KB, 567x811px) Image search: [Google]
Starman.png
324KB, 567x811px
I still don't know the strategy to beat pic related.
Literally no way to avoid his jumps.
>>
>>3842235
Use Bubble
>>
>>3846130
he is not heat man in megaman 2
>>
>>3846160
How many fire based bosses are there in Mega Man games? I've lost track.
>>
File: Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png (101KB, 256x189px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png
101KB, 256x189px
>>3842235

Figure this is a good place to ask

I really like the megaman x games, but dont really like classic megaman.

Is this because the X games are easier or something? I cant figure out why I just dont get into the classic ones. How do megaman fans feel about the X series?

I've played through classic 1 and 2.
>>
>>3846130

Did you actually read my post? Just wondering because I specifically mention using Ice Slasher.

>>3848040

I grew up with Mega Man. Classic is legit. X(the first one anyway) is better in a lot of ways. You have more control over you character and more abilities like wall climb and weapon charges, the characters are more interesting, you get armor powerups etc. etc.

Core gameplay between the two is the same: Jump, shoot, run and fight bosses for their powers culminating in Castle segments, so you should in theory be able to enjoy both if you like one.

All the classic Mega Man games are solid(yes even 7 and 8 despite what spergs will tell you) whereas few X games are. X1-X5 and X8 are worth playing but X6 and X7 are infamous. So, there is an issue with consistency with the X series that the Classic series doesn't have. Even so, the Mega Man X games that are good are very worth.
>>
>>3842235

he's the first boss lmao

ice is the last one

learn to proper order

Fire - Bomb - Guts - Cut - Elec - Ice
>>
>>3848304
Bomb and Cut are by far the easiest bosses to start with.

I agree Fire isn't too bad, though. Only Tough robot master to fight in the first game with just the buster is elec man.
>>
>>3848342
maybe but you should consider the whole level in addition to the boss. I think fire's level is easier for a starting level.

for example, cut's level becomes much easier when you have fire's power; those flying faggots stop being annoying.
>>
>>3848304

No he isn't.

Cut - Elec - Ice - Fire - Bomb - Guts is the order I've always done.

anyway, if you actually read my first post I heavily imply I'm talking about the Boss Gauntlet in Wily's Castle where you fight all of them in sequence right before the final battles.
>>
>>3849258
I think bomb is the best starting point. That way you have the super arm before you go to elec mans stage so you can get the magnet beam on your first go round. Otherwise you have to replay the stage to get it
>>
>>3850195

I don't know anon. I can beat Cut man without taking any damage so I just start with him first.

As I found out early on in the thread, there is a very specific strat to Fireman and that's why I was having issues, but only in the Boss Gauntlet. I could also still complete the game but was looking to improve my run.

All this talk about "proper" boss order is ridiculous when its clear a lot of people have success with their own paths, which is the entire point and appeal of Mega Man in the first place.
>>
>>3848304
>>3849258
Wtf are you on about? Proper order has always been Guts - Cut - Elec - Ice - Fire - Bomb
>>
Trying to do buster-only MM3. Is there some trick to fighting Snakeman? I realize he only runs back and forth, but I have trouble jumping over him, and when I do, I'm not dealing any damage.
>>
>>3842235

> wait for shot
> shoot
> jump as high as you can
> repeat

That's with buster though not sure how you beat him in baby sister mode.
>>
>>3852916

You just spam him the entire time as you dodge the snakes and jump over him really.
>>
>>3850564
>I don't know anon. I can beat Cut man without taking any damage so I just start with him first.

Bomb Man is just as easy, IMO.
>>
>>3849258
This guy's order is best. When you do Elec early you can bring magnet beam to the asshole stages of guts and ice.
>>
>>3852916
Use the middle platform. Jump on the platform while he's coming towards it, then jump from the platform to land behind him, just before he comes on the platform. Repeat.

Honestly if you're having troubled with Snakeman, you're never going to do the Doc Bot fights Buster only. Although part of why they're hard is the lag, so you could use a lag reduction patch or playing Mega Man 3 Improvement romhack.

Also
>buster only MM3
that's not even possible because the final bosses require specific weapons.
>>
>>3853087

>>3850195
>>
File: 1488387674014.jpg (339KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1488387674014.jpg
339KB, 600x839px
>>3848280
X6 isn't bad at all, if you're looking for a challenge. I'm pretty sure it was only meant for veterans of the X series, I mean who else would buy it anyway?
I'll admit I wanted to pull my fucking hair out on my first playthrough though, holy shit. I can play through it no problem these days, but my first playthrough was absolute hell, especially the fucking Gate stages and the fight with Gate himself.
>>
>>3853586
Read my post again. To get super arm you need to get past those damn lifts without magnet beam. I find revisiting elec stage less of a hassle.
>>
>>3853615
>having trouble with the lifts
They're not that hard! You just have to know where to jump
>>
>>3853607

I enjoy it too anon but you really have to admit its stupid to recommend it to people. It's really just there for people that are fiends.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.