[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you please name some hidden gems for original NES? Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: nes-classic-edition.png (58KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition.png
58KB, 640x443px
Can you please name some hidden gems for original NES? Japanese games that have a translation patch nowadays also count since I never played any of course.
>>
Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt
>>
As opposed to the un-original NES
>>
File: lagrange-1.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
lagrange-1.png
4KB, 256x224px
Lagrange Point
>Konami
>scifi RPG
>recently got translated
>>
>>3839915

Well I've posted a NES classic so I felt kinda bad. Also I've meant no Chinese rip off games, you faggot.
>>
File: Mitsume ga Tooru.jpg (220KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsume ga Tooru.jpg
220KB, 1440x1080px
Mitsume ga Tooru
>>
Shatterhand
>>
Sweet Home.

>>3839919
Is this any good? Game is kinda beautiful.
>>
>>3839904
Tiny Toons. Excellent platformer, great music.
>>
>>3839919
>Lagrange Point

Thanks a lot! I hadn't heard of this one yet. Just patched it and now I am going to play it.

Here is my list
10. Kick Master 9. Whomp Em 8. Shadow Of The Ninja 7. Metal Storm 6. Shatterhand 5. Journey To Silius 4. Vice Project Doom 3. Powerblade 2. Little Samson 1. Captain Bucky O'Hare
>>
>>3839904
Summer Carnival '92 - Recca
Crisis Force
Sweet Home
>>
File: pb.png (157KB, 478x364px) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
157KB, 478x364px
Also has great music
>>
>>3839904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpH3oatnCE#t=1m25s
>>
>>3839904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skxDUasUqgw
>>
File: DraculaKun.jpg (35KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
DraculaKun.jpg
35KB, 300x425px
>>3839904
Are Akumajo Special and Konami Wai Wai World 2 considered obscure? These ones are great.
>>
>>3839904
Kabuki: Quantum Fighter is nice too
>>
>>3839910
You must hate how your shitpost was ignored. I'll give you some love, bro.
>>
Some of these are multiplat and import only, but whatevs. I'll try to avoid any of the more common "hidden gems" like Vice: Project Doom. Many of those games are already recommended by dozens of Google results.

>Quarth (Japan)
Also on arcade, Game Boy, x68k and probably a number of platforms. Quarth is a somewhat overlooked action / puzzle game vaguely similar to Tetris. You pilot a space ship that has to fire blocks at oncoming formations, with the objective of filling in all gaps, which clears the block formation out of your way.

>Tetris 2 + BomBliss (Japan)
Also on Super Famicom with prettier graphics. This is two games in one: A few simple Tetris variants like you'd see in Tetris Worlds or similar games, and BomBliss, which uses pentominoes and exploding pieces. Also sort of ported to Game Boy under the title "Tetris Blast."

>Dig Dug II
Plays nothing like the first game, which is why I enjoyed it. This is the only home console port to date. Dig Dug Ii takes on an overhead perception, and the objective is to sink portions of the map that enemies are occupying.

>Dungeon Magic: Sword of the Elements
Similar to The Elder Scrolls, in a manner of speaking. It's one of the few early dungeon crawlers to feature real-time movement and action. Much of the game also takes place outdoors and in villages.
>>
There are no hidden gems for any system anymore. Literally every good retro game has been covered by somebody at some point.
>>
>>3840228
Sure veteran collectors and enthusiasts know of them all, but the hidden gems are for people coming into the hobby or looking for something to play other than the classics
>>
Most people here probably know about it by now, but I have to give a recommendation to Gimmick. Fantastic, solidly-challenging platformer.

Batman (the first one), Shatterhand, Street Fighter 2010, and Metal Storm are all excellent too.
>>
File: BP.jpg (112KB, 788x720px) Image search: [Google]
BP.jpg
112KB, 788x720px
>>3839904
Banana Prince
The Magic of Scheherazade
>>
Fire N Ice
Holy Diver
Yume Penguin Monogatari
Daiku no Gen San
Getsu Fuuma Den
Super Turrican
>>
File: RomstarCowboyKidNESBoxArt.jpg (24KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
RomstarCowboyKidNESBoxArt.jpg
24KB, 220x301px
>>3839904
Cowboy kid.
Goemon meets megaman in a wild west setting Fun.
>>
>>3839904
I just beat Little Nemo's Dream World and it was a lot of fun. The last level was a complete change of pace and really gets you hyped (who wouldn't want to help a qt loli princess?). You can definitely tell its from the folks who did megaman.
>>
>>3839904
over horizon
>>
>>3841646
Agree with this mofo. Used to be mad jelly of my cousin cause he had this game and I didn't. The fucker wouldn't lend it to me either.
>>
>>3839904
Have you ever played kid Icarus?
>>
>Shatterhand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VCf_pDSKY

>Kunio Kun Nekketsu Soccear League
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75QFlGFZOY

I'm sucker for Camerica games since slav like me had 5 in 1 and 4 in 1
>Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy (Red)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogKIfJy6_g
I guess, it is really above average. The sense of adventure, music, graphic makes the game great. However, due to nostalgic factor I cannot find any flaw here.

>Micro Machines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IabqTpgTHjY
Nuff said. 2 player mode has BIG FLAW, which is - one track per car type.

>Super Robin Hood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxd-t_yvRF0
Well-made platformer, which requires a lot of precision timing. To make it difficult character has to handle inertia of character.

>>3841085
I've played this half year ago. This game is simply great.

>>3839983
The sequel is fine too. Rollercoaster part is the best one:
https://youtu.be/D6a67kqHMwQ?t=8m38s
>>
Gimmick
>>
Little Samson
Kick Master
>>
Not super unknown but Bucky O'Hare is sometimes overlooked.
>>
>>3842672
I have it, is one of my favorites and would recommend it
>>
>>3840106

I'm a big Kid Dracula fan. I own both parts but I have to say I prefer 2 for GB. Amazing and underlooked game. Old Konami is the best. The music is just amazing. I'm on my stupid phone so I can't spell about Konami Kokurina Klub or however you spell it. Never managed to find any album with their music.

Wai Wai World is a lot of fun. But I also prefer 2 here with its big sprites. It's very Konami like. Colourful and great looking.

I once beat this game where you play a Chef that fights different foods - platformer. I never see anyone talking about it.
>>
>>3842969
Burger Time?

I wasn't aware one could beat it; thought it was more of an endless / high score sort of game. Fun nonetheless.
>>
>>3843015
Nope. I'm aware of Burger Time. It's an actual platformer that progresses with different bosses. I think the main boss is an evil French chef with a moustache. You play your typical chef with the white hat. You might be able to hit stuff with a frying pan but I'm not sure. I remember lifes are 3 red hearts.
>>
>>3839904
Chronicles of the Radia War/Tower of Radia is amazing. It was the first repro cart I ever bought too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HI1BD9_FKU
>>
>>3842969
>>3843942
Panic Restaurant, it's one of the most expensive NES games on the after-market.
>>
>>3839904
It never gets enough credit but I recommend Yo Noid!
>>
>>3843980

Yeh I just came here to post the name because I just remembered it in case anyone else wanted to know the name. Glad you posted the name. Strange nobody else mentioned it because it's an amazing title and totally overlooked. I never see anyone talking about it.
>>
File: CyCYYKAUsAE_gOM.jpg (225KB, 931x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyCYYKAUsAE_gOM.jpg
225KB, 931x1200px
>>3839919
>Lagrange Point

Holy shit, didn't even know this one existed and wow, is this the biggest NES game ever? 300kb? I know SNES games that are smaller.
>>
>>3841646
All of the Capcom platformers are pretty good. I would like to add Disney Adventure in the Magical Kingdom which is often overlooked.
>>
>>3839904
The Legend of Zelda
>>
>>3845162
Stop that.
>>
>>3845078
What are your favorite platformers for the system? Which do you find most challenging? I'm going to pick up a handful of games tomorrow.

And I invite anyone else to share theirs too.
>>
>>3845078

I'd only call that a good game if you're up on Disney Park trivia. The mini games based on rides were rather weak.
>>
>>3839972
I started playing it recently. The soundtrack is amazing, it has a VRC7 which has a Yamaha chip on board so it literally sounds like Sega Genesis music mixed with NES.

It's a JRPG in the Dragon Quest or Phantasy Star mold so if you really don't like JRPG combat you'll probably be disappointed but if you can tolerate it, give it a shot. You level up pretty easy and the difficulty curve is super smooth, you can basically steamroll the early area enemies by default which is super good as you don't have that shitty beginning period of killing like 2 enemies and running back to heal. The level up curve is pretty low too, real easy to grind if you need a quick 2-3 levels
>>
>>3842969
Plenty of Konami games have had their music released on CD and even vinyl now
>>
File: bignose.jpg (46KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
bignose.jpg
46KB, 256x352px
>>3839904
>>
>>3841085
Street fighter 2010, is a great game!
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.