[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your most valuable games, both loose and CIB? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
What's your most valuable games, both loose and CIB?

Also any rare systems/accessories (e.g. Jaguar CD, Gamecube Component cables)?

Mine are pictured. Nothing impressive, but all are still a blast to play. My roomate had the NES Stadium Events and sold it to Funcoland 20 years ago for like $50...
>>
>>3839818
>hay guise
>reseller here
>please research which games I should really keep an eye out for at garage sales
>it's totally not suspicious that I keep making more threads like this as soon as the last one dies
>>
>>3840014
Come on, Man why would a reseller have cases of sealed games? Oh, shit... wait.
>>
Magical Chase is my most valuable game. I have a quite a few other high dollar games, though.
>>
File: lunar.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
lunar.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
Monster In My Pocket x2 (complete) -- hard to find with manual, usually.
Pocky N Rocky (cart)
Battletoads Ragnarok (complete) --haven't seen this complete before?
Sunset Riders (complete)
Mega Man X3 (cart)
Mega Man X2 (cart)
Mega Man X (complete

these are the ones I can think of, not really sure the value of the rest of my collection.

and pic related, but that's cheating I suppose.
>>
mega cd: snatcher (pal)
nes: gargoyles quest 2 (pal)
ps1: lsd dream emulator (jp)
>>
>>3839818
>oh this thread again
>Nothing impressive
Yup
>>
Probably SoR 3 or Gunstar Heros. Nothing special.
>>
>>3840749
Why don't you go shit on the Doom general? Or the CRT general? Or maybe the e-celeb thread?
>>
I own this complete, I guess it's rare
>>
>>3840014
I never understood the hate for resellers...

The stuff is getting out of someone's basement and back into circulation, what's the problem.
>>
>>3840804
Only the NTSC-U version is rare, but even then it's value is inflated. For some reason the Japanese version is cheap despite being sold only in Pokemon Centers there too.
>>
>>3840857
Yeah, for like $40 more than its worth.
>>
My most valuble are Alundra 1 and 2 both sealed but only because they're sealed.

Only other I can guess at would probably be Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
>>
Tombi 2.
>>
>>3840857
>I never understood the hate for resellers...
Then you are one or you haven't dealt with one.

They are price hiking mother fuckers that buy games from mothers for like 10% of the market value and then sell them on for 200%. This also artificially inflates the market average value because everybody fucking follows suit. The effect being that you have to pay fucking twice as much for games as they are worth or do without.

They always, always go out of business as well. Literally every reseller I knew in real life went out of business because nobody wanted to buy his ultra rare copy of Final Fantasy 7 for 60 quid.
>>
Sega games the most expensive games I have right now.
Panzer Dragoon Saga, Albert Odyssey, Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves on the Dreamcast,.
>>
>>3840942
I used to remember going through goodwill/value village when I was younger and seeing it full of NES games and consoles. No one would even consider buying them. Now? You can't find shit. It gets gobbled up cause it's valuable now. I miss those days.. I hope every reseller goes out of business and it all goes back to normal once the hype for retro games dies down [if ever]
>>
>>3840857
People blame resellers for buying all the games and driving the prices up, even thouth the only thing stopping them getting the games from the same source as the resellers is their own lazyness.
>>
>>3840984
No it fucking isn't, people take their games to resellers to get them fucking valued. Resellers exist in real life anon, not just on ebay.
>>
Idk probably any one of these
>>
File: 20160228_123008.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160228_123008.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>3839818
>CT
>rare

L@@K
>>
File: IMG_20170306_120453[1].jpg (811KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_120453[1].jpg
811KB, 1536x2560px
>>3839818
I've been trying to find out if this is 'rare' for years.

I know hardly anyone cares about this game, at least this version, there's at least a PS1 port and it seems pretty common.

I've only seen a couple online. That was a few years ago.
>>
>>3839818
MvC2 (ps2) and Earthbound I guess
>>
File: WeTaitoNow.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WeTaitoNow.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
Don't ask how much I paid for these
>>
>>3843943
Nigger kickmaster isn't rare at all
>>
I have a gold zelda edition game boy camera.

Couple other less valuable things would be boxed harvest moon 64 and boxed links awakening I guess.
>>
>>3840942
They are just shit at profit margins. Also all businesses run like this. Buy low and sell for as high as you can before you hit diminishing returns.
>>
>>3840984
>the only thing stopping them getting the games from the same source as the resellers is their own lazyness.

Nah, it's like .22LR.
There's one autist in my city who gets up at 4:00 AM and ransacks every store, to the point that the only way I can even get .22LR locally is because one of my Dad's friends owns a gun range.
>>
>>3839818
Most of my valuable games are my arcade boards and Neo-Geo MVS games.

>Sengoku 3 MVS
>Windjammers MVS
>Megaman Power Battle
>Street Fighter 2 Turbo

I do have some expensive home console releases:
>Misadventures of Tron Bonne CIB

>>3845448
Seriously? Can't you just order online?

I know at least in Canada you can order bullets online from like Cabelas.

Then again, we can also order guns online and have them delivered to our houses so thats cool.
>>
File: hoarding.jpg (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hoarding.jpg
107KB, 800x600px
>>3845448

Ammo hoarders are the absolute worst, especially .22LR. There is no reason for it.

Literally billions of .22LR are made and distributed every year but every city has someone like you described go around and guy out every store the moment they restock.

He then has a booth at the gun show selling i for 250% markup "Because obama is blocking the sale of .22LR"

Pic related is the most a person should every reasonably have on hand at one time. Beyond that is just austism or hoarding.
>>
>>3845460
>I know at least in Canada you can order bullets online from like Cabelas.

Here in canadaland we didn't get the same ammo scare that the Americans got. It was the fucking duck hunter fudds who speculated that "boma gonna get our guns because of the Sandyhoax!" who started hoarding ammo of all types and decided .22LR was the ammo that the government would come take away.
>>
>>3845464
>>3845468
This is baffling to me.

I've had trouble finding fairly obscure ammo types (Finding ammo for my .22 hornet / .410 M6 scout is basically impossible, well, .410 is easy). Every place I've seen has .22LR for sale in spades and I've never had an issue with it.

I genuinely find it hard to believe people do this since it's so abundant here.
>>
>>3845476

It's no different than new starwars toys. Even the "rare" figures have hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of copies made, but 1-2 lone collectors can keep a certain semi-rare figure out of circulation for an entire city. They literally follow the delivery trucks around from store to store.

That same thing was happening with .22LR. There was no shortage until a few hoarders created a shortage.

Stores started putting in rules like "only 5 cases of .22LR per customer" but the hoarders would bring their 13 retarded cousins with them and each buy 5 cases. Then they would hit the next store.

Normalfags would see things were scarce and it made them jump on .22LR the few times they found it for sale. Then it grew into a buying frenzy.
>>
>>3839818
I hate conker
>>
>>3845448
>There's one autist in my city
There is. And it's not who you think. There's a picture of that autist above your bathroom sink.
Not that I don't like guns but don't you kids have a containment board?
>>
>>3840857
I dont mind resellers.

I hate scumbag resellers tho.
>>
I don't have any valuables, but my fiancé still has her original copy of Chrono Trigger that she played as a child. No box, but the cart is in amazing shape.
>>
Resellers who sit on games and refuse to lower their prices even when no one's buying are the worst.
>>
>>3845460
>Seriously? Can't you just order online?

Yes I can. The point was that LITERALLY the only reason I can get any locally is that one of my family friends owns a gun range, and will hold onto some for me.
If it wasn't for that, I'd have to order.

(Although it's pretty nice getting a discounted rate at the gun range)
>>
Secret of Mana.
The label is shitty.
>>
>>3845460

Some of my arcade stuff is among the most valuable in my collection.

Gradius II (JP w/ original operator manual and 2x instruction cards)
Gradius III (world or Euro version)
Salamander
Splatterhouse

A lot of my prototypes are probably worth a bit (one is probably the most valuable gaming item in my collection, but probably not worth as much after I dumped it).

As for retail console stuff, I think I have CIB Kirby's Dreamland 3, but I don't know where the box is right now.
>>
Any fucker can buy an expensive rare game for the right price off the internet. Nothing impressive about having an expensive game or big collection. Skill that goes into gaming is the only impressive thing.
>>
>>3839818
MUSHA - CIB with Seismic warranty card
Rondo of Blood - CIB
Chronotrigger - CIB
My brother had Hagane CIB back in the 90s. Wish I still had SNES Ninjawarriors after seeing it's price on Ebay.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.