[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game aged like milk. You can't even mouselook or aim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Doom_cover_art.jpg (38KB, 256x380px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_cover_art.jpg
38KB, 256x380px
This game aged like milk. You can't even mouselook or aim down sights. Why do people still play this shit?
>>
File: masterb8.jpg (11KB, 341x346px) Image search: [Google]
masterb8.jpg
11KB, 341x346px
You tried.
>>
>>3839771
Brutal Doom is for you
>>
File: gourmet_ cheese.jpg (101KB, 872x601px) Image search: [Google]
gourmet_ cheese.jpg
101KB, 872x601px
>>3839771
>aged like milk
Nice try, OP.
>>
>>3839771
You arent even trying, kid. Shut the fuck up and sit down.
>>
>>3839771

>posting bad bait

You're constantly aiming down the sights.
>>
>>3839771
You do both of those in game.
In fact, you're never NOT looking down the sights.
>>
>>3839771
GIT GUD NUB!
>>
>>3839776
Careful with that. You'll get people shitting up the thread asking how to install it.
>>
Just a bunch of contrarian Doombabies still cling onto an antiquated game. Just ignore their screeching and be on your merry way.
>>
>>3839771
>thinking people play the old gay ass Doom

Fucking idiot when people talk about Doom they're talking about Brutal Doom which is Doomier than Doom.
>>
>>3839771
One of the most moded games ever.
>>
File: Duke_Nukem_3D_Coverart.png (145KB, 256x305px) Image search: [Google]
Duke_Nukem_3D_Coverart.png
145KB, 256x305px
>>3839771
Wrong

Now pic related on the other hand...
>>
>>3843621
has aged like a fine wine with mouselook support, jump, and crouch right out of the box
>>
>>3839771
Play Half-Life or Quake 3 if you like multiplayer.
Also, OP is right, Doom is full of bugs that are considered features by the community. The engines are also a major clusterfuck, source code release was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>3844713
>Doom is full of bugs that are considered features by the community.
Like what?
>>
>>3844716
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Category:Tactics
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Category:Errors_and_bugs
Those retards even goes as far as to claim that visplanes overflows and other game breaking bugs are a feature in speedrunning because the runner is supposed to learn where they are and circumvent it all.
>>
>>3844713
Eh nothing wrong with a bug here and there, unless it's horseflies. Holy fuck I hate horseflies. If I could genocide any insect on the planet it would be those fuckers.
Those motherfuckers will follow you endlessly for miles and annoy the shit out of you the whole way.
>>
>>3844729
You realize everything on this list is fixed on ZDoom/GZDoom/Zandronum, and most people around here never experienced these bugs on their entire lifetimes right?
>>
>how to shitpost on /vr/
the thread
>>
>>3844729
>Those retards even goes as far as to claim that visplanes overflows and other game breaking bugs are a feature in speedrunning because the runner is supposed to learn where they are and circumvent it all.

Who the fuck gives a fuck about the speedrunning community?
>>
File: aged milk0.jpg (217KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
aged milk0.jpg
217KB, 600x441px
>>3840026
You took my reply!
>>
>>3843590
Fucking idiot when you posted attention-seeking bait you posted shitty, attention-seeking bait which is shittier then attention-seeking bait.
>>
>>3844735
No it isn't, strafe40 and strafe50 are still a thing that purists and competitivefags keeps crying about, it also fucks with the network prediction code because you can vary your speed a lot.
>>
(You)
>>
i know people who still make levels for this game, they are extremely autistic
>>
>>3843259
Does this bother you.

I like to think of it like this!

All forms of media have become a formula. Music,movies,vidya,journalism. Sure, there are deviations, but the formula works good enough to trick people into thinking that their getting something new or uniqe, but its basically copy pasted from numerous previous "versions" of the same thing!

I love how this video explains modern videogames. Great channel in general!

https://youtu.be/jCmmYF4rOwo
>>
>Spend time playing actually fun gameplay mods like Guncaster, Russian Overkill and Trailblazer
>Try out Hideous Destructor
>Whole game turns into an autism simulator
>>
>>3839771
try brutal Doom and dare say that again MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>3839771
sometimes I enjoy replying to bait threads, but this was too obvious.
>>
This bait is so bad that I can't help but reply and call you a retard
>>
>>3844729
>visplane overflows
>feature in speedrunning

err, you do realise that crashes the vanilla game, right?
>>
Quake > Doom

Have no idea why people still care about the latter when the former is a literal improvement in every regard.
>>
I somewhat agree. Doom isn't really a game where aiming down sights would make sense, but no mouselook sucks. Level design is plain bad too. id Software were never good at making games, they just made impressive engines.
>>
>>3839771

Doom has aged incredibly well actually. Look at some early true 3d graphic FPS games, like quake for example, that has aged like milk.
>>
>>3844713
>>3844729
Its kinda hilarious that you're complaining about the doom community considering errors and bugs as "features", despite you clearly not even knowing what some of those bugs and errors even do.

Like, really. What kind of benefit does a visplane overflow give to a speedrunner?
>>
>>3847085
Exactly.

>>3847498
Read again.
>>
>>3847274
>quake
>not the dopest shit u ever seen
Pick one
>>
>>3847274
>implying quake aged worse than doom
nigga what
>>
>>3847780
>exactly
I'm not sure I follow.
>>
>>3847996

Quake DID age worse than Doom.

Doom was the pinnacle of the pre 3d-era shooters and still plays perfectly. But Quake as the first true 3d shooter aged pretty badly.
>>
>>3848031
I disagree, I was playing Quake the first time the other day and was having a blast with it. Level designs, atmospheres, gameplay, enemies all hold up really well to me. It might be a little basic but it's still more fun than most modern shooters.
>>
Both Quake and Doom aged well. You guys are faggots.
>>
>>3848042
this desu

it's like complaining whether super metroid or metroid prime was better
they're both good shit
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.