[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1996 >be 12 years old >be hyped as FUCK for the N64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 19

File: nus001front[1].jpg (54KB, 450x283px) Image search: [Google]
nus001front[1].jpg
54KB, 450x283px
>1996
>be 12 years old
>be hyped as FUCK for the N64 ever since seeing it in Nintendo Power earlier in the years as the Ultra 64
>GET it for Christmas w/ Super Mario 64
>It's everything I ever dreamed of

Literally the best day and week of my life. Nothing else comes close. It's all been downhill since, boys.
>>
And just think, there's countless 12 year old boys today getting a PS4 and Call of Duty for their birthday or whatever. It will be the most magical week of their lives, and all video game experiences will be downhill for them after that.
>>
File: mario01[1].jpg (9KB, 316x240px) Image search: [Google]
mario01[1].jpg
9KB, 316x240px
>>3839579
I don't think it will be the same for them because those games will not be the same leap over what was out previously.

When I played Super Mario 64 for the first time I had a hard time adjusting to the 3d game world because my brain literally did not understand it that well yet. I would get lost in Bob-omb Battlefield. A kid who is playing today won't have that problem because they've probably already played a PS3 or an Xbox 360 with very similar games.

I used to stare at the images in the issue of Nintendo Power where the N64 was unveiled at Nintendo Space World of that year and just wonder.

I totally bought into the marketing hype for the system at the time as well (come on, I was 12). I really thought the N64 was the most powerful home computer you could buy.
>>
>>3839579
can't be that magical sitting around doing nothing while psn is getting ddos'd :^)
>>
>be me today, age 30
>new console launches with a game in your favorite series
>couldn't care less
>>
>>3839575
Got summer job at dad's office, saved up for TV with svid and snes.
hard work pays off, dreams come true
>>
>>3839607
I very much want a Switch, but I know I won't get one for a goddamn year because they'll be underprinted and snatched up by scalpers, just like all Nintendo hardware.
>>
>>3839584
>I really thought the N64 was the most powerful home computer you could buy.

It was, at 3D graphics anyway. The GPU's vector unit was faster at T&L than even the fastest Pentium Pro released that year.
>>
N64 was pure fucking magic when it first came out. Even though the sales numbers ended up being so low, I remember everybody owning one too.
>>
>>3839629
Friendly reminder that if you're going to wait a year, you might as well wait another.

Price drop(s).
The inevitable, updated re-release.
Like you said, it's going to be a bitch to get one.

Only reason to buy in right now is to be part of the early adopter group, the merits of which I'd rather not expound.
>>
>>3839607
I actually really want a Wii U and BOTW right now because if it can give me even a glimmer of what I felt playing OoT it will be worth the $200.
>>
>>3839575
Yeah OP, it was a magical time to be a kid into video games. The day it came out, my dad surprised me with it. He came home shortly after I got home from school, he told me to go to my room, even though I hadn't done anything and he didn't seem mad. I was in there for 15-20 minutes, then I heard my dad in the living room yell "Okay, you can come out", I walked out of my room and into the living room just as Mario's face popped onto the TV. Still one of the best surprises of my life, and the most exciting console launch. I got the Gamecube and Wii at launch too, but nothing will compare to that day.
>>
File: mario.jpg (323KB, 2448x1945px) Image search: [Google]
mario.jpg
323KB, 2448x1945px
>1996
>8 years old
>christmas
>hoping for N64 and SM64 because holy shit 3D!
>going through presents; grab a certain one and mom tells me to open that one last
>huh? okay not thinking much of it
>finally get to the last gift and slowly unwrap the top.. N...6... teat through the rest in pure ectacy
>Nmotherfucking64
>scream, run upstairs to my bedroom
>have no idea how to hook this fucker up
>parents try to help
>no picture
>sound...Dear Mario
>oh god I hear it, I hear it!
>finally they get the picture going and im fucking ready
>parents leave
>have the literal time of my life all fucking night playing this beast of a game

>nothing comes close to that feeling
>nothing ever will

Bittersweet /vr/
>>
>>3839760
The memory remains.
>>
>>3839629
Don't get one now, wait for them to address all the issues first. But honestly, the more I look at the Switch the less inclined I am to want one. It looks awful, to be honest.
>>
>>3839921
Very true. It's just a shame that I'll probably never feel that amount of excitement ever again.
>>
File: 1481249635683.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481249635683.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>3839584
>I totally bought into the marketing hype for the system at the time as well (come on, I was 12). I really thought the N64 was the most powerful home computer you could buy.
I love how retarted kids can be.
I used to tell my mom "It has 64 bits because one more bit could make the console explode"
>>
>>3839575
Is this you, OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
>>
>>3839646
this, and all that PS3 supercomputer vibe.
It´s sad consoles are not cutting edge tech anymore
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
YES
>>
>>3839575

Nope. Nintendo went downhill since they introduced this piece of shit. OP is exactly my age. The NES is amazing, so is the SNES and GB. With shitty 3d graphics came shitty games. The N64 is really not worth it. Mario 64 isn't awful but it also isn't amazing. Hey we just designed a few levels and 3d is really a lot of hard work so PLEASE replay our levels countless of times and do different missions. That way we can milk our shitty levels as much as possible.
Seriously, fuck off OP. N64 blows. There isn't a single fun game to play nowdays to look back on and be like
>OH HOW NICE
I've played the original N64. I've tried it countless of times. Back in the day when it was new and the years to come and it always remained SHIT.
>>
>>3839760
My mom also helped my pluggin the thing (It was the first console that entered my house ever)
>N64 with Goldeneye at xmas
>plug console to tv
>moms plugs controller on second connector because why not
>suddenly Bond moves like crazy and camera only stop when touching the joystick
>we laught and try plugging it in the first connector
Best day of my life.
Sadly I never shared vidya with my mother again, that was the only time she paid attention to videogames
>>
Sega released in like what early 90s in the West and was better than all that shit all the time up until Playstation 1 released. Nintendo only good console was NES.
>>
>>3839954
I'm so glad I'm not this jaded, yikes.

>>3839960
I only played vidya by myself unless I was over at my grandma's. She loved SMB2 (peach) and fuck was the woman good at tetris and dr mario.
>>
>>3839963
People can enjoy what they want, but what in fucking hell did genesis have that wasn't superior on the SNES? Boggles my mind.
>>
File: 1487497441001.jpg (31KB, 421x362px) Image search: [Google]
1487497441001.jpg
31KB, 421x362px
>>3839974
It had good games. And yeah it had blast processing
>>
>>3839945
The peak of the mountaintop.
>>
>>3839976
I'm not saying it didn't have good games, but that's not the point of my question.
>>
>>3839974
Nothing. SEGA got dunked with the Gen, just like the dreamcast. Difference is the Gen caught on.
>>
Shmups, run and gun, racing, arcade ports, Shadow of the Beast
>>
>>3839980
My point is Sega had better games. Nintendo always revolved around really simple stuff like games for 12 year olds, Maria and whatnot, while Sega fanbase ranged cause there were some gory titles and overall more Arcade-like. It was like having an arcade machine at your home, almost, well you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmExzRGVDkw#t=1m50s
>>
Mario
>>
>>3839984
I honestly think you're trolling me at this point, but I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>3840003
Why do Nintendo fanboys have such little self awareness?
>>
>>3839984
If you were a real arcade fan, you'd like the Nintendo 64. You can't get a better jetski game than Wave Race 64, not even Sega's own jetski arcade game was as good as WR64.
Not even Nintendo's own Wave Race sequelon the Gamecube was as good as WR64.

>>3840009
Maybe it's not that he is a "Nintendo fanboy" as much as you are a Sega fanboy/anti-nintendo traumatized kid.

What's that? Your parents couldn't get you both when you were a kid?
>>
>>3840009
Explain? I thoroughly enjoy both consoles, but you asinine comments of "sega had better games" without any games listed aside from streets of rage is astounding.
>>
>>3840016
Shmups, run and gun, racing, beat em ups, arcade ports, sports games. action oriented games are better on Mega Drive, sorry.
>>
The one and only console I ever bought on release day was a Dreamcast and that was only because I could get a Japanese one cheap. I ended up shelling out the $500 for a ps2 during it's first wave because reviews were SO good and even though it was amazing I still ultimately regretted spending that much on it.
>>
>>3840015
>If you were a real arcade fan, you'd like the Nintendo 64
>Mentions 3D games from late 90s

I dont like 3D Arcades. This is what real arcade game looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtP_3ENHFVY
>>
>>3840037
You don't like Daytona USA?
>>
>>3840037
>late 90s

Wave Race 64 was released in 1996, it's mid 90s if anything.
>>
>>3840015
>Wave Race 64
This is one of my favourite fifth gen games, but I still think the N64 sucks overall. Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 are the only two games on the system I have any interest in playing.
>>
>>3840092
You don't have an interest in playing games like Sin and Punishment or F-zero X? They're also very arcade
>>
>>3840097
I've never heard of Sin and Punishment.

F-Zero X is OK, but I'd rather play the SNES F-Zero, the GBA F-Zeros or GX instead. I think the issue I find with a lot of N64 games is that almost all of them have been done the same but better either before or since, like Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros, F Zero X etc.
>>
>>3840104
I don't think F-zero X has been topped, it's still my favorite F-Zero game.
Look up S&P, it's one of the best N64 games.
>>
>>3839584
>had trouble adjusting to the 3d at first

I can definitely relate. I remember seeing footage of Mario 64 before it came out on a vhs that came with an issue of Nintendo Power. I didn't know anything about camera controls so I had no idea how the fuck you were supposed to know what was going on because the player on the video kept trying to orient the camera so that Mario would be running towards the screen, I guess to give a "cinematic" effect or something. It looked cool, but how the hell were you supposed to play?

Then when I finally played it, it was such a leap forward (plus I was a kid and very easily entertained) that spending hours just fucking around in front of the castle seemed awesome.
>>
>>3839926
I like the concept, and honestly I thought the successor to the Wii would merge a portable and a handheld because it seemed like such a no brainer for Nintendo.

That said, neo nintendo just doesn't do much for me. I own about 4 Wiiu games, all of which are great and I very much enjoy, but that just isn't enough to justify owning a system. 3ds has a lot if great games too, but nothing that I've wanted to buy has come out in like 3 years.

It'll be awhile before I buy a switch, if ever.
>>
>>3839984
>Nintendo revolved around simple stuff.

I agree with what you're getting at in a way, but this is retarded. I'd say Sega systems offered a more "pure" gaming experience (due to them all being based on arcade hardware and having lots of awesome arcade ports). The distinction isn't that Nintendo is more kiddy, it's that Nintendo systems offered a home to the "le cinematic experience" games until the ps1 came out, and looking at the industry today you can see which philosophy won out in the end.
>>
>>3839575

>1996
>8 years old
>parents refuse to take me to the arcade
>vidya is a waste of time and money they say
>can only go with friends
>only get to play SNES at a friends house and NES at grandparents
>see the commercials for n64
>it's absolutely the coolest thing on earth
>parents keep reiterating how vidya is trash and i'll never have it at home
>Christmas
>last present
>N64
>me and my 6 year old brother lost our fucking minds

i miss these days bros
>>
I don't remember if I got the N64 for Xmas or my birthday, but I do remember walking into a Target and it had an N64 kiosk/stand/display with Mario 64 playing and I was thinking, "I need this NOW!"

The good ol' days of playing SM64 and Goldeneye on a cool Summer day.

All gone... forever.
>>
might aswell post my story

>july or august of 1996
>knew about the N64 (or "Ultra 64") only through magazines and small screenshots
>strolling through a mall with parents shopping clothes and stuff
>suddenly in one of the stores I see a TV with the actual Nintendo 64 and Super Mario 64 running, for the first time
>my jaw literally dropped when I saw Mario running around freely, I distinctly remember the part where he's on the ghost house running through the falling bridge on the attract mode
>stay at least 10 minutes watching the same demo over and over
>i saw the same N64 box on OP's pic at the store, since the american N64 wouldn't be released until september

I think I kept thinking about it for weeks and months, until my birthday rolled out in October, the N64 was already out, but was too expensive, so I decided to ask for a PlayStation instead, which also had cheap as fuck (bootleg) games. I was content with the PS1 but still had the N64 itch, and even though I had some cool games on the PS1, nothing was quite like SM64.
A week later, my grandma surprised me with a N64 and Super Mario 64.
>>
File: co.jpg (72KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
co.jpg
72KB, 680x671px
>>3839984
>>3840009
>The kiddy meme
>Muh Gore
The Sega Genesis is my favorite console ever but your argument is horrible. Literally "Psh, Nothin Personnel, Kid: The Official Post signed by Coldsteel the Hedgeheg". Stop parroting you fanboy friends, go play a Nintendo system and we talk later.

>>3840136
I agree and disagree. If you are talking about RPGs, Nintendo indeed offered a bigger place for them, but their systems have much more than that imo. I though SNES was only made for JRPGs but, after playing more than 100 games and only 4 JRPGs (I don't like Square or Enix that much.), I still found something that would be called "pure gaming experience".
>>
>>3840015
>real arcade fan
Jesus kid, go back to your COD. Just because a system has a few arcade style games it doesn't mean it appeals to someone into arcade games.
>>
>>3840172
Yeah I didn't mean that as a blanket statement. Nintendo themselves are a pioneer of several genres and have no shortage of "pure" gaming games on the NES and SNES. I just meant that the Ninja Gaidens and the Final Fantasys were much more represented on Ninetendo systems than Sega systems.
>>
>>3840172
Nintendo literally has just two franchises. Mario and Zelda. Yes, they came up with Donkey Kong, but the franchise's best games were made by Rare. Mario is a terribly plain and bland character compared to Sonic. So that just leaves Zelda, which is essentially an RPG. And please don't mention Kirby if you want to claim Nintendo franchises are not for 8 year olds.
>>
I had a similar experience but with Playstation and then Dreamcast.
>>
>>3840227
>essentially an RPG
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>3840136
You're saying the pure gaming experience philosophy won out over the cinematic experience philosophy, right?

I'm a little confused by your post because you seem to be defending Nintendo while trashing the "le cinematic experience" philosophy.
>>
>>3840247
I don't care about your objectively wrong opinion.
>>
File: Monster World IV.jpg (233KB, 875x720px) Image search: [Google]
Monster World IV.jpg
233KB, 875x720px
>>3840227
>Nintendo literally has just two franchises
See, this is why I don't think you actually played something from Nintendo. Again, stop parroting what other people say and play the damn games. Go play Excitebike 64, Wave Race, 1080°, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Advance Wars, Sin and Punishment, Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, Famicom Detective Club, etc.

>Mario is a terribly plain and bland character compared to Sonic
Yes, but Sonic isn't much better and Sega still made shitty Sonic characters. Do you think the "Ow, the Edge" meme came from nowhere?

Btw, you just called:
>Flicky
>Sonic
>Ristar
>Nights
>Fantasy Zone
>Wonder Boy
>Billy Hatcher
>Tempo
kiddy. They are very colorful games made by Sega and some games have the same tone of the Mario and Kirby games.

>Inb4 B-but Sonic Adventure, ...
Please. I love the first SA but that game is simply ridiculous.
>>
>>3840291
You're really starting to reach. Nintendo has ALWAYS tried to put forth a family friendly image from the very beginning with the Family Computer then they doubled down on that with the N64 because they lost so many deep developers to the CD based consoles just because there was so much more room for deep games. Then they tripled down on the kids and casuals with the Wii and its novel controllers and their modern focus on the mobile gaming sector could be seen as quadrupling down. Of course there are always going to be some adult oriented games that appear for any video game system but by and large focusing on casual gamers is how Nintendo has managed to keep its head above water for so long there's no point in denying it.
>>
>>3839575

When I got my Oculus. Same feeling. The cute robot demo that comes with Touch has that magical feeling to it.
>>
File: 54.jpg (22KB, 320x414px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
22KB, 320x414px
>>3840317
This doesn't answer my post or >>3840227. You just avoided what I said.

Second, I never denied that Nintendo is a family-friendly company. I just think the "lol Nintendo only does games for kiddies. lmao Mario and Kirby" strawman is really old and retarded. Sega has "kiddy" games. Namco has "kiddy" games. Capcom has "kiddy games". etc.
>>
>>3840251
>No experience
>No Levels
>No stats (health doesn't count since every game has that)
Not an RPG.
>>
>>3840345
>I just think the "lol Nintendo only does games for kiddies. lmao Mario and Kirby" strawman is really old and retarded. Sega has "kiddy" games. Namco has "kiddy" games. Capcom has "kiddy games". etc.

Not the anon you're arguing with, but I think the point a lot of people are trying to make is that Nintendo is / was extremely proactive about maintaining a family-friendly image, to the point where they demanded third-party games undergo censorship before Nintendo would even agree to license them for release on a Nintendo platform.

To be fair, Nintendo has been trying to dial down this practice in more recent generations, but as far as the NES and SNES are concerned, Nintendo was full-blown reactionary when it came to localization. And yes, we still see some of this in practice today. I can think of a handful of DS and 3DS titlss that caved in to Nintendo's demands for censorship.

By and large, Sega, Namco, whatever aren't as retarded when it comes to this kind of content. Sega was guilty of censorship due to pressure from the then-emerging ESRB, but the company otherwise hasn't tried to force censorship on the market like Nintendo has.
>>
>>3840291
>isn't much better
It's considerably better. This is just not appreciated today because of how popular it has become and how saturated the internet is with Sonic fan art. I'll grant you that other Sonic characters aren't as good, but they fall within the same franchise. For a flagship character, Mario is pretty unimaginative.
>>
>>3840291
>Metroid
If I want to play Castlevania, I'll play Castlevania. Nothing about Metroid is anywhere near as memorable as Castlevania.
>>
>>3840357
Now this is a good argument. I agree.

>>3840363
To be honest, I think Mario is good as he is: a versatile mascot. He can save a princess, play golf, tennis and go to a world made of paper because he doesn't have a fixed personality or powers. The same doesn't happen with Sonic.
>>
File: 1484579917457.png (146KB, 300x434px) Image search: [Google]
1484579917457.png
146KB, 300x434px
>>3840227
>>
>>3839942
Not literally, but in spirit yes.
>>
>pick up N64 cartridge for the first time
>it's noticeably heavier than SNES carts
>"woah"
>>
>>3840407
Game design-wise, you make a good point. Character design-wise, it forces it to appear simple and unoriginal. Like a quick sketch of a generic cartoon of a tubby middle-aged man that you might find in any Sunday paper (whatever those were).

Meanwhile, a _blue_ hedgehog... that looks almost nothing like a hedgehog... that is _fast_? And what even is a hedgehog? Do we even have those in North America? This is what I mean. This is why it exploded in popularity the way it did. It was pretty original at the time. Now you see it every day so it seems obvious.
>>
File: popeye.jpg (79KB, 800x1536px) Image search: [Google]
popeye.jpg
79KB, 800x1536px
>>3840456
>Character design-wise, it forces it to appear simple and unoriginal. Like a quick sketch of a generic cartoon of a tubby middle-aged man that you might find in any Sunday paper (whatever those were).
There's just one little problem: Mario and Sonic were created in different times with very divergent philosophies.

Mario's "plot" and "personality" is a mirror of simple cartoons with iconic characters like Mickey Mouse or Popeye. Hell, you can even replace Popeye, Olive Oyl and Bluto with Mario, Peach and Bowser and see how little the differences are.

Sonic is a product of the 80/90's atittude. If you watch or read some media of that time, it's obvious from where Sega got inspiration.
>>
>>3840529
Honestly, I'd say Sonic is closer to Mickey Mouse and especially Bugs Bunny. Bugs had a bit of a 'tude. It's not just a 90s thing. Even though Sonic obviously does have a 90s flavor. That said, it's clearly also inspired in part by classic of animal-based characters. Mario is closer to Popeye and Elmer Fudd, just cause they're not anthropomorphized animals.
>>
I don't give a shit about
>be 12 years old
if I was 31 years old I would have been the same way about the N64. I find kid references annoying, maybe you enjoyed it back then because it was a great system and had loads of time.
>>
>>3839926
switch owner here, it's not that bad at all, although only playing Zelda on it (which holy God if you don't get the switch get the Wii u version assuming you have one, it's very nice)

but the switch itself is just above meh, it's nice but not like the best purchase ever
>>
>>3840442
More game
>>
>>3840210
And just because you pretend to be an arcade fan on the internet doesn't make you one either.
>>
>>3840456
Sonic is Mickey Mouse with spikes and a somewhat angrier face in the american versions.
>>
I have a love hate relationship with the N64. It was my first console and I love it to death, but it also shifted Nintendo to a more family friendly style. Everyone I knew had an N64 except for a few Asian kids.
>>
File: nights02.jpg (212KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
nights02.jpg
212KB, 800x666px
>>3840697
>but it also shifted Nintendo to a more family friendly style

Enough with the whole "Nintendo family friendly" shit.
Nintendo 64 was, if anything, the moment Nintendo decided to cater to the, lets say "dudebro" audience, with flagship games like Goldeneye (where you can shoot enemies on their limbs, head, etc), wrestling games and racing games.

>but Mario is kiddy!

So is Crash, Sonic, Alex Kidd and every other mascot character.

The real "family oriented" or "kiddy" games are the edutainment games. And what you know, Sega actually released more of those than Nintendo (look up Sega Pico).

The whole "Nintendo is for kids" is a kind of stigma that comes from way before the Nintendo 64, it's from when Mortal Kombat 1 didn't have blood on SNES, probably more due to Nintendo trying to avoid lawsuits rather than caring about being family friendly, but whatever.
>>
>>3840714
Wow it had dudebro games in the mid-90s? Did it have sports games too? Adult-orientation confirmed! Touche!
>>
>>3840714
>Enough with the whole "Nintendo family friendly" shit.
Why? Why enough? Because you don't like to hear it? Go around the world and tell every one of these people individually to stop saying it. They might need a monetary incentive though. It won't be easy. Good luck!
>>
>>3840724
Nice sarcasm, but you aren't countering my point.

Call me when Sega doesn't have kiddy games.
>>
>>3840725
It's not that I don't want people to say Nintendo is kiddy, is that... yes guys, video games are generally for kids. Even the "gross" or "violent" ones are meant for kids. Go around and ask kids what are their favorite games. They'll say GTA, CoD, etc.
>>
>>3840714
Sonic and Crash had attitude man. They made it more ok to play mascot character platformers as a guy. I wouldn't be caught dead playing Nintendo back then.
>>
>>3840724
>>3840725

Why did you guys get irritated by that post?
>>
>>3840740
Because it sounded very whiny.
>>
>>3840737
Well, you're in luck because nowadays that "attitude" is considered furry/autistic, you're safer playing Mario in 2017.
>>
>>3840743
Maybe it's just your own projection? Text on the internet doesn't "sound", it's the way you read and interpret them.
>>
File: goemon4oni.gif (5KB, 80x90px) Image search: [Google]
goemon4oni.gif
5KB, 80x90px
>n64 thread
>gets derailed in console wars, "nintendo is kiddy", etc

You guys never change. Stop taking the bait.
>>
>>3840748
Okay. It WAS whiny. It was three paragraphs of complaining about other people's perception of a company. It's not my problem that you feel my perception of Nintendo is "wrong". That's your problem.
>>
>>3840752
I don't see the "whiny" part or the part complaining about other people's perceptions. He's talking about how, if anything, Nintendo is not the only one doing "kiddy", and pointed out stuff like Sega Pico and edutainment games (which are actual "for kids only" stuff).
Like, I don't think anyone here cares about your personal perception, I mean, who are you? You are anonymous, lol. Let people discuss, faggot. If you think someone is "whiny" then don't reply to them.
>>
>>3840752
it's just your own perception, the post wasn't whiny.
>>
>>3840752
Also the fact that it was completely wrong, totally inaccurate, it had nothing to do with the reality of what happened and it wasn't like that at all. It sounds like a contrairian viewpoint millenial came up with.
>>
>>3840761
Care to point out the "wrong" and "inaccurate" parts?
>>
>>3840763

Nintendo is KIDDYYY!!! stop liking them! Sega is for MACHUR people! not like NINTENDON'TTT!!!!
>>
>>3840768
Okay, now I can't tell if you're being retarded ironically or not.

Console wars really damaged some people's brains as adults.
You guys should try time traveling and making your kid selves idorts.
>>
>>3840772
That wasn't me, that was some other anon. And no I don't "Care to" do it because I don't answer questions with that kind of snarky tone. I just stated how the post was wrong, I don't "care" to elaborate no.
>>
>>3840778
>you're wrong, but I won't tell you why

Okay.
>>
Holy shit this was funny.
>>
>>3840778
It's an opinion. What can possibly be "inaccurate" about an opinion? You know what, don't answer that. This whole discussion is pointless.
>>
>>3839575
that box is vaporwave as fuck
>>
While we're on the "Kiddy" subject, anyone have any theories as to why the videogame crowd make so much fuzz about games being "kiddy" or not?
You don't see this with other similar hobbies that are also on this board, like /a/, /toy/, /co/.
They have their own shitposting, but the only time I've seen people accusing others of "kiddy" (all the while they're still playing "kiddy" games themselves) is in video game discussions.

And it's not something that just happens in 4chan, I do remember this from before 4chan existed, it's always present in video game discussion, of any country and language.
It's like somehow people think video games are NOT for kids - when most of them are played by kids, regardless of E, T or M ratings.
What's the matter? comic fans don't mind if kids enjoy comics, anime fans don't mind if kids enjoy anime, what's the problem with video game people? Why do they want a sort of "adult only" thing when video games are clearly not for adults only (neither for kids only, except when it comes to education software as other anon mentioned, but we almost never talk about these anyway)
>>
>>3840797
Have you not noticed how male-dominated gaming is? That's all you need to know.

PS I'm neither a SJW nor a men's rights activist, so let's put that to bed right now.
>>
>>3840801
Aren't girls the ones who usually say "this is for kids/immature..." while boys are having fun, though?
>>
File: Mickey.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>3840536
I forgot about Bugs Bunny and I agree but I don't think he is closer to Mickey Mouse character-wise (Sonic's design is a mix of Mickey and Felix the Cat, though).

Like Mario and many old characters, Mickey is very versatile: He is a carpinter, medieval warrior, racer, sailor, fisher...Every cartoon has a different kind of Mickey and his settings are always changing. He is dancing with inanimate objects one day and living in a normal city later.

You rarely see this with Sonic because he isn't a jack-of-all-trades. He has a unique personality. You can't even put him in a car without someone saying "Why does Sonic need a car?"
>>
>>3840840
Mickey (and Mario) was always the plain jane of cartoons to me. A real boring, milquetoast sort of personality. Bugs (and Sonic) on the other hand was dynamic and interesting. He had charisma and he was funny. Mickey wasn't even funny, really.
>>
>>3840840
>You can't even put him in a car without someone saying "Why does Sonic need a car?"

Yet Sonic Drift (and more recently, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing) exist.
>>
>>3840816
Once I was playing a DS and a girl said to me: "Is that Mario? I used to play that" and before I could respond she added."....when I was a child.", in what seemed like a really smug way. I saw her lots after that and always hated her for it.
>>
>>3840875
She wanted the D, bro.
>>
>>3840854
I always liked Bugs Bunny more than Mickey too but I don't see modern Sonic or Mario as charismatic characters. Personally, I prefer their classic personas.

>>3840856
These games didn't make the questions go away, though.
>>
>>3840886
pffffhhaha yeah. it's a sure sign she wants the d if she's rolling her eyes, bro trust me
>>
File: sanic.png (40KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
40KB, 360x420px
>>3839760
Hey I have those mario toys too :)
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.