[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that a lot of original Game Boy games will play in color,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Mario Land 2 Colorized.jpg (465KB, 952x857px) Image search: [Google]
Mario Land 2 Colorized.jpg
465KB, 952x857px
I know that a lot of original Game Boy games will play in color, albeit very washed out colors, if played on a Game Boy Color console. What does the original version of Link's Awakening look like on a Game Boy Color? Not the DX version. The original grey cartridge version.
>>
File: gameboy_advance_palette.png (40KB, 663x541px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy_advance_palette.png
40KB, 663x541px
You can make it look however you want.
>Implying Left+B isn't the best option anyway
>>
>>3839427
I used to play with right+B as a kid. I'm glad I grew out of that.
>>
>>3839414
This is what the game looks like when you boot it in Gambatte.
Generally, when you boot a GB game on GBC, you get the default dark green palette. You can choose the one you want the way others have desribed.
But, quite a few of the most popular Nintendo titles, for instance SML, Kirby DL, DK '94, and so on had "special" palettes. When you boot them, they already start with an assigned palette stored in GBC's BIOS. Read up on it here https://tcrf.net/Game_Boy_Color_Bootstrap_ROM
>>
>>3839724
>Generally, when you boot a GB game on GBC, you get the default dark green palette
Wrong. GBCs had some internal ROM that assigned one of the 16 GB palettes to nearly the entire official GB catalog.
>>
>>3839427
I've always been partial to left myself
>>
>>3839729
>entire official GB catalog
That article I linked lists around 50–70 of them. Also see https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10226
>>
File: kermit2.png (46KB, 320x292px) Image search: [Google]
kermit2.png
46KB, 320x292px
>>3839724
>>3839729
I'll be damned. Either way, it "knows" which color scheme to apply to which game. I was always curious about that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.