[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never owned or played any Neo Geo stuff but I want to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (5KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
5KB, 300x160px
I never owned or played any Neo Geo stuff but I want to get into it. Starting with emulation because I have other money concerns right now, does a good Neo Geo emulator exist? Also, what are some games I should look into besides Mark of the Worves?
>>
There's less than 200 games on the system. Just eliminate any genres you don't like (but don't you dare skip Neo Turf Masters) and go down the list.
>>
>>3839320
I didn't know the library was that small. Thanks anon.

Now, about that emulator? Any good shit that isn't MAME?
>>
>>3839310

>does a good Neo Geo emulator exist?

Neo Geo games are just arcade games. MAME and Final Burn Alpha work perfectly.

There are only 150 or so Neo Geo games. I once took a weekend and played all of them. I'd recommend just doing that. You'll find a lot of gems and stuff that might appeal to you despite not being very popular.

Also Neo Turf Masters is the best game ever made.
>>
>>3839341
I take it MAME is trivial to run?

I never really got into games until I was like 15 and I was born in 93 so a lot of the /vr/ and arcade stuff is pretty far out of my wheelhouse.
>>
>>3839310
Neo Geo emulation is excellent. There's maybe 150 games including unreleased and unofficial shit. Should be easy enough to sort through.
>>
>>3839349

>I take it MAME is trivial to run?

Not really. If you want something easy, use FBA.
>>
>>3839536

Yes, FBA is better than MAME for NEO-GEO. But both require a neogeo BIOS file to run properly. Make sure you get the one supported by whatever MAME romset version is used by your build of FBA.
>>
Just buy a Wii, download the Neo-Geo games and rock-and-roll.
>>
>>3839320
>>3839341
How do you suggest I get Neo Turf Masters for less than a grand? Vidya golf ain't THAT good.
>>
>>3839786
MVS version dog. Alternatively just get it for PS4.
>>
File: gmantle_20detail_original.jpg (140KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
gmantle_20detail_original.jpg
140KB, 720x720px
>>3839310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7c3iZtuEcQ
Here is the complete list.
Also if you know Spanish i recommend you the SNK Vs CAPCOM documentary that's on the dude channel.
>>
>>3839341
Turf masters is a great game, but it's not even the best sports game on Neo. Baseball Stars 2 and Windjammers are better. Windjammers is the king of all sports games. A few friends a few cases of beer and Windjammers is the recipe for great time.
>>
>>3839845
Am I'm right in assuming that won't play in the home console?
>>
>>3840269

Not without an adapter.
>>
>>3840287
After I posted that I looked up a guide for NG collection (which I should have done before hand).

So pretty much, not matter what I want to buy an MVS setup, since it has everything and is WAY cheaper.

Maybe when I'm a billionaire I can get an AES library.
>>
>>3839310
Magician Lord, Ninja Combat, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Spin Master, and Top Hunter are some of the less obvious games to check out.
>>
Is it safe to assume that I should just get the latest in the series where applicable or are there any exceptions?
>>
So why do half the zips that I put in the ROM folder not load? And why do some have other games on them?
>>
>>3840320

No. There are lots of exceptions. Just play them all.

>>3840703

Arcade emulation is a hassle. You have to have a rom that matches the version of your emulator. FBA is a little more forgiving, but you still need the right roms.
>>
File: kawaks.png (60KB, 764x488px) Image search: [Google]
kawaks.png
60KB, 764x488px
i use WinKawaks for Neo Geo emulation

you need the neogeo bios, but you don't get any MAME-related hassle
>>
>>3840703
One time I played a 99% accurate arcade game, and I've been using MAME ever since. Count yourself lucky.
>>
>>3839310
NeoGeo emulation is perfect. No need to buy the games.

Metal Slug is really fun.

>>3840023
My arcade has this but never tried because I thought it looked kinda whacky, thanks, will check it out.
>>
>>3841030
Where'd you get the BIOS? Every site I find, the zip doesn't have the files Kawaks says it should.
>>
>>3842450
On top of that, some of the roms I get straight up either don't work right (Metal Slug X has messed up sprites) or won't detect (like Magician Lord or Pulstar).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.