[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had any experience using USB arcade 'fightst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: ME0001513662_2[1].jpg (513KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
ME0001513662_2[1].jpg
513KB, 1280x850px
Has anyone had any experience using USB arcade 'fightsticks' with MAME on Retropie?

I've been looking at these QanBa sticks which look very nice.

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/QanBa/Fight-Sticks/

I've also seen some cheaper Mayflash sticks which are upgradeable with Sanwa sticks and buttons.

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/FIGHTSTICK/

They all seem to be plug and play so should work with Retropie out of the box but I was wondering if there are any others that anyone can recommend?
>>
They're called arcade sticks, faggot.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>3837609
It's cheaper to get a PCB and build your own with quality parts from Sanwa, Seimitsu, or Industrias Lorenzo (HAPP parts are no longer quality).

Of course, if you want to save time and effort and get a pre-made stick, go with either the Mad Catz TE sticks, HORI, or Eightarc/Qanba. You always want to make sure they use Sanwa or Seimitsu parts, or that they are compatible with them.
Mayflash is generally not a good brand to go with in terms of arcade sticks, since they use cheap parts and are more or less incompatible with quality parts.

A good, cheap solution is to grab the Qanba Q1 (now known as the Carbon for some reason, pic related), as it's only $60. And then switching out the Qanba buttons and stick with Sanwa buttons and a Sanwa JLF stick (buy from Focus Attack or Paradise Arcade Shop).
You can find countless videos and guides for modding this particular stick, and it'll work flawlessly on PC (ie your RPi)

You can also spend $20 more and get the Qanba Drone and the modding procedure is the same, but at that price point (Drone + buttons + stick), you might as well grab a used Mad Catz TE on Amazon and clean it up.
>>
>>3837636
>grab a used Mad Catz TE on Amazon and clean it up
I meant eBay, Amazon is terrible for used products.
>>
>>3837636
Fantastic reply, many thanks!
>>
File: SeinfeldBat04.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SeinfeldBat04.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>3837609
>not making your USB port sample at 1000 Hz
>not using GroovyMAME
>not outputting genuine accurate 15.7 KHz signals via RGB to a CRT
>>
>>3837649
>not turning your CRT upside down and rendering games flipped 180° to get even less input lag than a genuine arcade board with genuine controls since the action is always drawn top-down
>>
>>3837609
had an xarcade long ago. it was ok
>>
File: ls32_xp.jpg (27KB, 567x300px) Image search: [Google]
ls32_xp.jpg
27KB, 567x300px
>>3837609 (OP)

I am using HORI sticks, almost exclusively. They are affordable and dont introduce lag unlike the overpriced mad-catz crap.

Sanwa buttons and sticks work best with 2d shooting games. Its like they were deliberately made with shooters in mind.

Seimitsu buttons and the LS-32 Stick work perfectly with 2D capcom or SNK fighters. Most japanese 3rd strike capcom or sega cabs have the LS-32 installed. Its like seimitsu made these parts for 2D fighters.

In my opinion the hori hayabusa stick is the best arcade stick of them all, especially for fighting games. The hori kuro buttons however are extremely disappointing. But easily swapped anyway.

Hope that helps.
>>
File: Hori mini PSX stick.jpg (25KB, 306x232px) Image search: [Google]
Hori mini PSX stick.jpg
25KB, 306x232px
I found this small stick on ebay.

Has anyone ever owned one? Or I'm sure some of you can tell the quality of a stick just by looking at it.

Should I buy it?
>>
>>3837609
I have. A lot. They range in quality from total shit to meh. These are the ultimate meme accessories. The Q4 is a $20 flimsy chink shit with $20 (ebay $80) in arcade parts. Mayflash is a little better.

>>3838308
I have one. It's pretty pathetic. Feels cheap. So light it'll blow away if you cat sneezes on it. I (over)paid $5 for mine for the novelty of owning a controller designed for smurfs.
>>
>>3838308
I owned a smaller stick at one time thinking it would be nice that it didn't take up too much space. I learned quickly that not having a good amount of room to place your hand or have it sit on your lap properly at times can suck. Id avoid smaller sticks and go with a normal size.
>>
>>3837609
hop on ebay, everyone is getting rid of their last-gen sticks so you have a good opportunity to pick something nice up for much cheaper than usual.
don't buy anything brand new unless you absolutely need it to work on a current gen console.
don't buy anything as a mod project because it'll quickly become more expensive than just buying something reasonable in the first place
don't buy any mini sticks because when the buttons wear out, and they will in under a year if you play on them with any kind of regularity, you have to unsolder them from the board to swap them out.

this
>you might as well grab a used Mad Catz TE on Amazon and clean it up.
is the best advice in the thread
also worth looking at hori vx-sa and v3-sa sticks, there are just as many of those floating around with the same parts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.