[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if someone made a system that just played games really well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (30KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30KB, 1280x720px
what if someone made a system that just played games really well and quickly? Were games that much worse when we expected publishers to put a product for sale that was finished and you could just put it in the machine and play it?

Wasn't that supposed to be the perk of a video game system over a computer?
>>
>>3835153
Updates have their purposes. It's just that mandatory updates are annoying.

You'd think by now consoles could put in an extra, weak processor to handle downloads and updates in the background. Or during sleep mode or something.
>>
File: BananaPiHummingBoard.png (183KB, 657x307px) Image search: [Google]
BananaPiHummingBoard.png
183KB, 657x307px
>>3835153
What the hell for? If that kind of thing mattered at all, it could be done with any of a number shitass memebery pies with SATA / optical drive compatibility.
>>
>>3835153
developers being trash isn't the machine's fault
>>
>Wasn't that supposed to be the perk of a video game system over a computer?
Their perk is that they can keep games hostages so you had to get the specialized system if you wanted to play them and pay ransom money to the companies involved.

Games have always been released in broken form, back in the day fewer companies just bothered to fix them.
Think of shit like the Vectrex where the build in Minestorm crashes.
>>
File: 1487907368866.jpg (42KB, 315x616px) Image search: [Google]
1487907368866.jpg
42KB, 315x616px
>>3835153
Remember when games used to be delayed? Nowadays they just ship a broken as fuck game because they've already made shit tonnes of money on pre-orders and they can just fix it with patches.
>>
>>3835153
What if
>>
>reasons why i don't play modern games

are there any good ones anyway? i can't even think of any games made in recent times that i'm in the least bit curious about
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.