[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, I just got an EZ Flash so I could play my gameboy advance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: EZ4-3-3.jpg (76KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
EZ4-3-3.jpg
76KB, 800x532px
Hey /vr/, I just got an EZ Flash so I could play my gameboy advance roms on my original gameboy but I'm having trouble getting it set up.

I've downloaded the kernel and client, did the thing where you hold R after turning on the power, waited for it to update, and all that stuff, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. After copying a game (Metroid Fusion) to the SD card using the EZ client, the game doesn't work when I try to boot it up in the flash cart.

Also the language is stuck in Chinese, it never gives me the option to change it to English. I've followed guides to the letter and started over multiple times, is there something wrong with my cart or am I just retarded? Please tell me if I'm doing something obviously wrong.
>>
Okay, so I managed to get a rom working by using an older version of the firmware, for some reason the latest doesn't version doesn't want to work.

The roms take quite a few seconds to boot up though, is this normal?

Also the language is still stuck in English. Sorry for being such a newfag but I'm fucking sick to death of shitty youtube tutorials and 'ILL PM YOU THE FIX ;)' forums.
>>
>>3834370
>play my gameboy advance roms on my original gameboy
>tell me if I'm doing something obviously wrong
You're doing something obviously wrong. Try again when you're not drunk. kek
>>
>>3834423
I mean my original gameboy advance, the one I've owned since they were first released.
>>
>>3834370
I have that same cart. Try to find the EZFlashTools (aka EZ-Flash IV AIO) package. Or at least GBATA to patch roms. That's important. Some ROM releases might be problematic sometimes (though it's rare).
You should really try to get the cart up to date firmware wise.
Language can be changed within the menu. Start it up then select the third icon down (config icon like (I have a skin applied so I don't remember how it looks like vanilla)), press A, then there's two options, stay on the first and press A, then again two options and select the second one and press A.

For GB/GBC ROMS, try to find the very latest Goomba Color release. And even so a few games like pkmn crystal won't work.

Be aware that this cart is not that good by the way. You'll sometime lose save files for no reason. Make backups.
>>
>>3834469
>Try to find the EZFlashTools (aka EZ-Flash IV AIO) package. Or at least GBATA to patch roms. That's important.
Should I not be using the EZ Client to put roms onto the SD card?
The most recent firmware (v1.77?) wouldn't work for me, but I guess I could try again with a different SD card.

>Language can be changed within the menu.
Thank you! I was pressing buttons like a madman trying to change it to English.

>Be aware that this cart is not that good by the way.

What? Fuck, I bought this assuming it was the best one on the market aside from that Everdrive thing (which is way overpriced).
>>
>>3834469
>Be aware that this cart is not that good by the way. You'll sometime lose save files for no reason.

Um, no you don't. This is the best cart on the market. I've owned one for 5+ years. Not a single issue with it, aside from some games not supporting the reset patch.

I can't imagine what's causing save issue for you, unless you're using a shitty brand of microSD card, or the card isn't inserted properly.

>>3834370

Make sure you're using the right firmware for your particular cart. You might be trying to use the firmware designed for the older EZ4 model, or even the EZ3 model. The one pictured in your post is slightly different from the original EZ4, which was white.
>>
>>3834521
Good for you. I'm using the SD card that shipped with the product. Other people reported the same issue. Maybe you're right and it's the SD card at fault, however the behaviour of that problem is odd as it's never the savefile of the ROM currently being played that disappears or gets corrupted, just other save files. ROMs are unaffected as well. IMO that rather sounds like a firmware bug.
>>
Okay, I just tried loading the most recent firmware onto a fresh SD Card, I did the 'hold R until the patch reaches 100%' thing, then turned my gameboy off. I loaded some roms onto the SD using the EZ client. When I put the cart back in, I get a black screen, same as what happened in my first few attempts at using the newest firmware.

UPDATE: Fucking hell, as I'm typing this, I just put the SD card which was working before (I played a bit of Activision Anthology) now shows up a black screen.

I'm not having any luck with this thing, it didn't help that it didn't come with any instructions.

>>3834521
>Make sure you're using the right firmware for your particular cart.

Both the white and black carts seem to be referred to as the 'EZ FLASH IV', which firmware should I be using?
>>
>>3834370
Not retro
>>
So I also use one of these, and I also could not get it to work with the either the firmware it shipped with or latest firmware.

This is how I got it to work:

1) http://www.ezflash.cn/download/

2) Download EZ4 Kernel 1.75, EZ4 Kernel 1.76, and EZ4 Kernel 1.77

3) Apply the earliest 1.75 firmware. If the cart works afterwards, then apply the 1.76 firmware. If all went well, apply the 1.77 firmware.

4) Congratulations! You bought a piece of shit from China, but you got it working!

I don't remember why the firmware would not work unless applied in this manner, but I do remember that being the only way I could get it to finally work.

Also, regarding the many games which do not auto-name because they aren't in the patch library; simply rename both the .gba and the matching .sav before you patch another game. 9/10 this will work, and you can also do this for the many, many games with abbreviated or wrong names.
>>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ezgba-v0-1-0a-an-ez4-compatible-rom-patcher.395464/
>>
>>3834370
I got flash for c64
>>
Thanks for all the help guys.

It seems to be working now, EZ Client lets me send over lots of games. Not all of them work but that could be the roms I downloaded.

Star Wars the new droid army for example has a bunch of text missing and major graphics glitches from the moment I boot up the game from the cart.
>>
>>3834370
is it any good
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.