[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I picked up a 48k Spectrum off ebay, hooked it up and I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: zx_spectrum-300x203.png (68KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
zx_spectrum-300x203.png
68KB, 300x203px
So I picked up a 48k Spectrum off ebay, hooked it up and I can get to the start screen fine but then nothing. I thought just pressing any key should take me away from it but I can't get a single key to work.

I understand the membranes are a common fault with the keyboards, but if that was the problem shouldn't some keys still work?

Also, if it is the membrane, if I send it back and just buy another am I likely to have problems again? It's in good nick otherwise, boxed, and I got it for a good price, so while I'm a little unhappy it was advertised as working, if I'm gonna have to buy a new membrane anyway it may aswell repair this one.
>>
>>3834046
If all the connections for either rows or columns are broken you could see that. It could also be a problem with the ULA. Either way you bought something sold as working and it doesn't work. If you up for fixing it ask the seller if he's willing to give you a partial refund if you open it up and work out what it's going to cost to fix. If not send the fucker back. You could spend more money fixing it than it's worth.
>>
The membrane it's rotten and when it rots hairline cracks appear at the connector level and the entire keyboard stops working (at least my case it was). As soon as you try to pull out it will disintegrate, don't try to fix it cutting the ribbon, is not going to work.

Happened with my QL and my 48k, it's normal and probably it's going to happen to other sinclairs unless they have been properly stored as it's an age issue.

Ask for a partial refund and buy another one in sellmyretro.
>>
>>3834046
Always wanted one
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.