[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got to end game What's some of the most broken combinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: FFV.jpg (60KB, 734x533px) Image search: [Google]
FFV.jpg
60KB, 734x533px
Just got to end game
What's some of the most broken combinations you can have
I'm playing the IOS version so I have the extended jobs list

I usually have two freelancers with X-fight and spell blade
and two mimes both with X-magic
one with black/white
the other with Dimen/Summon

blue mages and chemists are broken I know, and bards can be pretty stupid, I don't know how to utilize the former two very well
help me /vr/?
also FFV general?
>>
>>3833003
Not that easy to play the RPGe version on my phone
>>
>>3832994
You could do the same thing I did and emulate the patched gba version.

As for your question regarding chemists and blue mages you check out this, it's designed for the fiesta but the advice applies to non-variant runs too.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MrmmtZPyCJnRL8ecIp5LOwhDnb_9FLeFQNjOzyVI-R8/edit?pli=1
>>
File: e28e6da32de4176a930fdf465b4666a0.png (902KB, 700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
e28e6da32de4176a930fdf465b4666a0.png
902KB, 700x1400px
I always wondered why the GBA version is always recommended?
>>
>>3832994
Chicobo !
>>
>>3835410
Half decent translation and looks resembling the original. It's either that or the original, the rest is abomination
>>
>>3835410
Better translation
Character portraits
4 additional jobs
Bonus Dungeon
Optional Boss
Can quick save and run without needing the skill equipped
>>
>>3835410
you can also patch it to make it sound like the original
>>
>>3835702
>Character portraits

That's...that's not a good reason.
>>
One thing got me wondering about the exdeath battle at the end of world 2. Normally, when you try to Slow him he counters by casting Haste on himself. But when you apply Reflect to him and bounce off Slow of your party members with Reflect, his Haste spell won't apply to him as it bounces over to you.
Now what I'm curious about is if he can actually be affected by Slow, the animation plays but he hardly moves slower.
>>
>>3835702
Whatever advantages it may have, the fact remains the GBA sound is hot garbage and kills the whole thing for me.
>>
>>3835410
>I always wondered why the GBA version is always recommended?
Because dumb kids grew up with it and don't know enough Japanese to realize how awful the gba translation is.
>>
>>3835828
>muh literal translation

Please don't tell me you actually think the shitty PSX translation with incomprehensible Faris is better. Or the flaky fan translation for that matter
>>
So is Faris' hair purple or blonde?
>>
>>3835828
The original Japanese script is the best.
>>
>>3835921
Meant to reply to >>3835910
>>
>>3835828
fuck off dumb weeb
>>
File: Theatrhythm_CC_Faris.png (169KB, 324x378px) Image search: [Google]
Theatrhythm_CC_Faris.png
169KB, 324x378px
>>3835912
Purple hair and Amano style is the best interpretation.
>>
>>3835912

purple

blonde makes no sense because Lenna's hair is pink
>>
>>3835921
Yaarrr fuck you me-hearty
>>
>>3835975
>>3835912
Purple hair is best/cutest faris
>>
The only way to play FFV is with the original Japanese release on an authentic Super Famicom unit.

Playing the GBA version, patched or unpatched, means you should KYS, and mobile/PC version means you and your extended family should be wiped off the face of the earth.
>>
>>3832994
I beat the game with a black and white magic red mage duelcasting Flare and Curaga and 3 mimes copying. Didn't even have one character knocked out and only had to keep spamming the A button
>>
>>3835912
She's a blond like Lenna and Terra and Relm from FFVI. Galuf and Bartz are both white headed also. Link from ALttP is blond, etc.

The sprite designers usually change their hair color in game to make them stand out more or to stop them from partially blending in with the background
>>
>>3835702
>Character portraits
Yeah, let's ruin the twist.
>>
>>3835410
It's the best version until the SNES translation is updated
>>
When doing a Fiesta of Thief, Berserker, Beastmaster and Dragoon, what's the best sub ability for the Berserker? I had pretty good results with thief agility and an Assasin's Dagger, even moreso with the Chicken Knife but that one has a 25% rate of wasting turns. Would Equip Lances and the Holy Lance be better?
I might just go with an axe, but the 10-20% miss chance is annoying.

Have a picture of loli getting whipped so that she doesn't break the Shield Dragon's control
>>
>>3832994
Does FFV have the lowest random encounter rate?
>>
>>3837783
It doesn't, but running from enemies is easy especially with either a thief, ninja or time mage.
>>
>>3837783
Why would you want low encounter rate?
How would you level up?
>>
>>3837783
No. It has the best random encounter design in any FF so it's only ever an issue in timed areas or when you're completely out of MP, though.
>>
>>3837791
>All RPGs give the exact same XP per battle with no exceptions
>>
>>3837842
So you pick your battles?
>>
>GBA > PSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8lk5OYDXI
>>
>>3837846
Some enemies are way better for getting xp quickly. Like
>>3837754
>>
>>3837754

brawl works until you get some of the good endgame axes and hammers, 2-sword or counter are basically it for berserkers
>>
>>3839394
In that fiesta none of these are an option.
>>
>>3836182
You mean a mime dualcasting? Red mages can't have both lvl 6 black/white magic equipped.
>>
Samurai ultimate ability GP Throw (or whatever the official one calls it, I only played the pirate translation) is the strongest attack there is. 9999 x 5 parts with no weakness.

>>3837754
All Zombified serkers with at least one fast character bard hide ability = win game
>>
FARIS DIES
>>
>>3843503
Death by sex
>>
>>3843436
How so? Zombie characters never attack the enemy, even with counter equipped.
Which is sort of useful though when you have a berserker fiesta and still want to control enemies.
>>
>>3844089
Enemies don't cast white spells, ergo they don't die, they do attack enemies
>>
>>3832994
Equip Excalipoor, put character in back row, use goblin punch
>>
>>3845289
Nope, zombie is the same as the confuse status in that the afflicted character or enemy attacks his allies. And white magic has no effect on them.
>>
>neo exdeath landed Aging on my two main attackers and rended them helpless to the last remaining part
I want to hurt someone
>>
>>3846767
Fuck me up, anon! OwO
>>
>>3846767

Send them to a retirement home.
>>
>>3845945
1 - confusion will attack enemies, it's 100% random
2 - zombie is confusion stacked with anti white spell debuff

This is what you said
>>3844089
>Zombie characters never attack the enemy

that's not right, zombie characters can and do attack the enemy. This is my last post, I'm done with this stupid ass conversation. Go see it for yourself or not.
>>
>>3847024
In this case I want to see video proof of your zombie zerkers beating the game. The wiki and every other place agrees with me that confused/zombie units only attack allies.

I played the game today and did some testing. You, apparently, never did.
>>
File: faris-ffv-ios-portrait.png (46KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
faris-ffv-ios-portrait.png
46KB, 160x160px
>>3836690
I dunno. Seems pretty intact to me.
>>
File: FFIII_NES_Run.png (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
FFIII_NES_Run.png
6KB, 256x224px
What's the benefit from the "Run" option?
>>
>>3850210
If the stars align you can escape from a battle.
>>
>>3850210
>>3850262

>Actually bothering to escape unless you're playing a low-level run.
>>
>>3850290
>low-level run
Why would you do that?
The whole concept of the game to level up as fast as you can.
>>
>>3850210
>What's the benefit from the "Run" option?

Not getting slaughtered by more powerful foes?

>>3850262
>If the stars align you can escape from a battle

Translation:
>"I don't know how to play this game"

Your chance to flee is determined by your EVA. Heavy equipment penalizes your EVA. You do the math.
>>
>>3850297
>The whole concept of the game to level up as fast as you can.
...No it isn't. I agree a low level run would be shit and unfun, but being overlevelled is just as bad in it's way.
>>
>>3851820
>overlevelled is just as bad
Please elaborate.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.