[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about vehicular combat games? Twisted Metal,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: TwisterTIGHT.jpg (412KB, 666x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TwisterTIGHT.jpg
412KB, 666x1080px
Can we talk about vehicular combat games? Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8, etc.
>>
>>3832568
Does Super Mario Kart count?
>>
File: twisted111.png (340KB, 761x421px) Image search: [Google]
twisted111.png
340KB, 761x421px
>>3832573
No.
>>
>>3832568
Twisted Metal 2 was the best one in the series followed by 1. 3 was bad, but playable, 4 was garbage. Small Brawl was underrated, as is Vigilante 8.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
What is the status of Destruction Derby? Is it admitted ITT?
>>
>>3832614
I remember that 3 and 4 were almost the same games. What's the differense?
>>
The first time I sat down at a friend's house and really played a Playstation for hours was with Demolition Derby and Twisted Metal. It gave me a certain basic impression of the console that's still with me to this day.

Vehicular combat games were a great early 3D genre because since you can't steer them up and down it simplifies the controls and mechanics

kind of like driving games are especially good for 3D headsets. Twisted Metal VR when?
>>
The only good vehicular combat game was Road Rash 1 for PSX. PC version comes pretty close.
>>
>>3832650
They were pretty close. 4 had worse drivers and cars, and cars felt more "slippery" and harder to control. It's been a while since I played those and Small Brawl. I own 1 and 2 and those are the ones I only play nowadays.
>>
>>3832573
Yes.
>>
Calypso did nothing wrong.
>>
>>3832626
I'll allow it
>>
>>3832723
>I own 1 and 2 and those are the ones I only play nowadays.

If they're the ones you only play, then what else do you do to the other ones?
>>
Interstate 76 baby
>>
>>3832665
That's a racing game with combat. Like Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing. We're talking about arena combat here
>>
File: IMG_0284.png (206KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.png
206KB, 640x480px
>>3832658
>Vehicular combat games were a great early 3D genre because since you can't steer them up and down it simplifies the controls and mechanics
Agreed. This one worked well with the 64 controller
>>
>>3832568
Carmageddon! For those who are about to die, we salute you
>>
twisted metal 2:axel
twisted metal 4: rob zombie
twisted metal black: sweet tooth
vigilante 8: school bus
battle tanx GA: the one gang with all the tiny tanks
is interstate '76 worth playing?

never played carmageddon series, well i played the demo and it was always laggy

remember playing necrodome, that old pc game about being a taxi driver in something akin to escape from new york
>>
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>3833343
>is interstate '76 worth playing?
You haven't? DROP EVERYTHING AND GO PLAY IT. NOW.
>>
>>3833330
Godly fucking game right there, fun as hell with friends too.
>>
>>3833330
>simplified
Twisted Metal's controls and driving physics made me want to scream into a pillow, until Head-On came along for PSP. Now THOSE controls were refined and perfect.
>>
Who is the girl in OP?
>>
File: twista.jpg (58KB, 831x476px) Image search: [Google]
twista.jpg
58KB, 831x476px
>>3834628
Twister

yes i know that's the name of the car
>>
I remember reading about the game as a kid but I can't remember the name. It was made by the Twisted Metal 1 and 2 Devs. The cover had a fat guy running from a Wiener Truck IIRC?
>>
File: tear.gif (1MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
tear.gif
1MB, 375x283px
>>3832568

I used to jerk off to this pic in the manual a lot.

>mfw no more manuals
>>
File: Road Rash pc.jpg (29KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Road Rash pc.jpg
29KB, 248x248px
This was pretty fun
My nostalgia is probably talking
>>
>>3832650
4 had more secret areas, vehicle customization, a suite of new characters and weapons, yet it was still worse
>>
>>3832626
My friend and I played the hell out of the demo of destruction derby raw but it was a title I unfortunately never owned. Is this one similar? iirc it's more of a racing game where you can destroy your opponents no?
>>
>>3832568
I lusted after this game for several weeks. My parents bought it and said I would get to play if I was on good behavior through the school year.
It wasn't very fun. But at least Jesper Kyd's music was pretty cool.
>>
>>3832568
Twisted metal was fun
>>
File: rogue_trip.jpg (117KB, 672x650px) Image search: [Google]
rogue_trip.jpg
117KB, 672x650px
>>3832614
>3 was bad
Meanwhile the original team went ahead and made the best car combat game ever.
>>
>>3836093
>vacation 2012
>>
File: 157-San_Francisco_Rush_2049-8.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
157-San_Francisco_Rush_2049-8.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>tfw you spent more time in battle mode than the actual racing mode
>>
>got hyped years back when I heard there was a new TM coming to the PS3 due to how much I played those games back on the PS1
>see some interview where they talk about how instead of having the weapons mounted onto the vehicles they just have some guy lean out of the window and hold them because it was more "dynamic"
>for some reason this was the thing that made me lose all hype and interest

Glad I listened to my instincts and never got that trash. I'll just emulate the PS1 games forever I guess. Still, it's weird seeing the direction the series went through before dying.
>>
>>3836093
The TM team made this?
>>
>>3836145
I never understood why they did this or why they did away with the old style of choosing from a set of characters for a more streamlined approach with only 3 in single-player.
>>
>>3835264

No, no nostalgia required. The game is still fun.
>>
>>3836197
Apparently it's made by SingleTrac

Did SingleTrac have multiple teams over there? I cannot imagine Jaffe being anywhere near Jet Moto
>>
>>
>>3832568
Kill Bill v4
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.