[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What retro games deserve the 10/10 label? And out of those games,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: faggots.jpg (25KB, 475x358px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
25KB, 475x358px
What retro games deserve the 10/10 label?

And out of those games, do you think they still stand on their own today, or has their success become so magnanimous that their mechanics were completely picked apart and ripped off by future games that they now just feel mundane to a casual observer? Similar to the Seinfeld effect.
>>
File: eccofgc018etdslide.gif (2MB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
eccofgc018etdslide.gif
2MB, 250x224px
>>3831451
Pic related.

Also, Space Harrier, Puyo Puyo and Tempest.
>>
Metal slug 3
Crazy Taxi
House of the dead 2
Star fox 64
Outrun
Windjammers

These are games you can pick up anytime. Games that will last you forever. Also I'm fairly certain that they stand the test of time mostly because almost no other games have even tried to top them.
>>
>>3831451
Dune 2000

I do not have nostalgia for this game I'm playing for the first time ever at the age of 27 and this game fucking rules oh my God. I wasn't smart enough as a little kid to appreciate it when it was released and playing it now after suffering the past 8years of modern and progressive games this title Dune 2000 is like nothing else. I'm happy to be alive so that I can experience old games for the first time
>>
File: Outrun - Marquee.jpg (28KB, 500x154px) Image search: [Google]
Outrun - Marquee.jpg
28KB, 500x154px
>>3831458
>Space Harrier
My nigga

Also Outrun.
>>
HoMM 2 and 3.
Still good on their own.
>>
>>3832068
>tfw finally beat all the stages in outrun 3ds
I've literally been playing the game all my life in various versions and ports
It's so fucking good
>>
>>3831451

Super Metroid.
>>
Exile
Links awakening
Starfox 1
Elite 2
Hardwar
Syndicate wars
Dungeon keeper
Eye of the beholder
>>
File: Screenshot_20170302-171428.png (324KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170302-171428.png
324KB, 1440x2560px
>>3834412
>Exile
Which?
>>
>>3834453
Exile the Amiga game based off that 1988 space game
>>
Chrono Cross
Wild Arms
Suikoden 2
Xenogears
Legend of Mana
FFT
Contra 3
MMX
>>
street fighter 2
>>
>>3832056
you might check out c&c red alert afterwards
>>
File: super_mario_bros.0.png (135KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
super_mario_bros.0.png
135KB, 1600x900px
Incoming contrarians.
>>
>>3831451
Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack
>>
File: 1424824287575.jpg (131KB, 945x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1424824287575.jpg
131KB, 945x1024px
Everything on this picture.
>>
>>3834412
The original Star Fox holds up like wet shit.
>>
>>3835224
whos the cakeboi?
>>
>>3831451
zelda
>>
>>3832068
Especially Outrun. No matter I'm playing 2006 on pc, or the master system version or the 3ds one, I just love this game.
We had a talk with my best Nintenfag friend about "which game would you choose if you can only keep one", but we all agreed that it would be a Sega arcade game before agreeing on Outrun.
It isn't long, there's only 5 ending, but the feeling you get playing it cannot be compare to any other.
>>
>>3831451
Final Fantasy Tactics
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Super Metroid

I think they're all timeless till this day and hold up extremely well regardless of how their mechanics may have been taken or improved upon. They offer their own unique blend that no other game in their respective franchises has. In their respective genres they prove to be exemplary examples of how it can be done near perfectly regardless of what version one may play (even if there are arguments which is the 'better' version, their gameplay stays consistent regardless). Then again I'm extremely bias and arguing more from a position of passion and personal enjoyment. So I'm not the best person to ask.
>>
>>3835414
I guess you're referring to that handsome boy in pink, his name is Kirby.
>>
>>3831451
Kurushi Final

Lemmings

Road Rash

Doom

Sim City

Theme Hospital
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.