[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this game have as many "man-to-man" type enemies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Does this game have as many "man-to-man" type enemies as OoT?

Enemies that require you to dodge, block and wait for an opening window to counter-attack, like Stalfos, Lizalfos and Wolfos. They were my favorite enemies to fight in OoT, but I wish there were more of them.
>>
File: Igos_du_Ikana.png (150KB, 333x488px) Image search: [Google]
Igos_du_Ikana.png
150KB, 333x488px
Of course.
>>
>>3829786

I'd say even more...

You are looking for Dark Souls 64 man. It's curious. Everybody now hates OOT but the jizz-making game for the latest times is almost completely based on it. huh.

Anyway enjoy that game It's my favourite.
>>
>>3829810

Neat. And yeah, I've always thought of Dark Souls as a "grown up" Zelda clone.

Twilight Princess had a LOT of good "souls-like" enemies.
>>
>>3829829

Absolutely, but to be fair that was more like the visual style itself... Lizalfos, Stalfos, Iron Knucles... Many enemies of this games require a bit of that "circle walking fight" to learn how to beat them in first instance.
>>
>>3829909

Even the Armos, Poes...
>>
>>3829810
>Everybody now hates OOT
Only e-celeb pigeons(and even then it's only one in particular) and ultra /vr/ purists that only play Zelda 2.
>>
>>3829810
>>3829829
Dark Souls is based on King's Field, not Zelda.
>>
>>3829973

Dark Souls evolved from King's Field, but its gameplay is 100% based on Zeldaç
>>
>>3829973
Souls series is a spiritual successor to King's Field series but mainly in lore and setting, not really gameplay. The whole targeting system, rolling, word and shield gameplay comes from OoT. I know it's hard to accept that Souls is based on a Nintendo game, of all companies, but that's how it is, unless you can find me a game that does similar combat in 3rd person (with targeting, dodging/rolling, etc) before OOT.
>>
>>3829983

BRfag detected
>>
>>3829991
or french
>>
>>3829991
>>3830016

Pode passar, mademoiselle.
>>
>>3829973

Dark Souls

Ocarina of Time combat
+
Castlevania Symphony of the Night RPG and map.
>>
>>3830021
No.

Ocarina of Time Combat, King's Field Exploration/Map Design/Stats and Armored Core's customization
>>
>>3829810
Not much more. I can't think of many that show up before Ikana, which is where most of them are.

Also while Majora might have a larger number of humanoid enemies, I don't think you fight them as often throughout the game as you do in OoT. They're mostly stuffed in towards the end.

>>3829786
>Enemies that require you to dodge, block and wait for an opening window to counter-attack
Majora enemies on average take more strategy and skill to beat than enemies in OoT. If this gameplay is what you mean by man to man then you're set, but most of the enemies in MM don't use swords or shields or anything like that. They just have their own weird attacks and quirks you need to figure out.

That said there's still plenty of enemies that are idiot animals and just run at you, and some enemies like octorocks and ice blowing assholes who stand still and spit shit at you. Man to man enemies are more common than OOT, but aren't really the standard.
>>
>>3830028
>If this gameplay is what you mean by man to man then you're set

Yup. That's why I named Wolfos specifically, I'm not talking about Sword-wielding enemies specifically, just enemies that make you really make use of the blocking and dodging mechanics. Glad to know that the game has good enemies then.
>>
I'm playing through Skyward Sword now and I really miss this type of combat.

I'm only in the second surface area, the fire land, but most combat encounters so far have felt more like puzzles.

Like they'll just go into these awkward guarding stances, and you'll have to stop and try to align a hit according to their stances. Not a lot of dodging, blocking and maneuvering going on, just lining up your slashes to hit them in a specific way.

I hope better enemies show up later.
>>
>>3830028

Garo ones. Absolutely amazing.
>>
>>3830040
Nah, Aonuma REALLY wanted to push the whole "directional slashing" thing but had to make enemies sit there and wait for you to line up your slashes so retard children could still manage it, so the whole game is more or less like this.

He seems to have realized that mistake with Breath of the Wild tho so if you're interested in that it might have more of what you're looking for.
>>
>>3830192

Oh, I'm absolutely hyped for BotW already. it's the reason I'm replaying all the Zelda games, and going through the ones I hadn't played before.
>>
>>3830027
What I'm getting from this is that I need to play king's field.
>>
>>3829973
Seems like its based partly off Zelda II
>>
>>3829805
he is a big skelleton, it was that cyborg temple thing isn't it?
>>
bump because I wanna talk some more about zelda
>>
I would say about the same.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.