[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Parts of video games that are notorious for being difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Battletoads.png (207KB, 548x480px) Image search: [Google]
Battletoads.png
207KB, 548x480px
ITT: Parts of video games that are notorious for being difficult that you didn't have problems with
>>
>>3829686
I wouldn't say I didn't have any problems with that part but after a few tries, getting plastered on the stones, I got through.
>>
>>3829686
protip: battletoads' difficulty is a meme
>>
>>3829686
I generally don't have too many problems with turbo tunnel, but I always hit the warp. What I can't get past is the Snake Pit. Holy shit that level is fucking brutal.

I hear the difficulty was toned down quite a bit for the Japanese version. How much did they change?
>>
File: Water_Temple_Artwork.png (168KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
Water_Temple_Artwork.png
168KB, 391x366px
>>
>>3830092
I had no problems at all with this temple, in fact I was surprised that its difficulty became a meme.
>>
File: clingerwinger.png (302KB, 465x350px) Image search: [Google]
clingerwinger.png
302KB, 465x350px
>>3829686
This one was true pain in the ass.
>>
>>3830085
Snake Pit has a warp too. Somewhere in second chamber iirc.
>>
>>3830098
I think more people are just annoyed by the constant switching of the shoes. Plus I played this as a teenager and had zero problems. I imagined most that complained played this as a kid.
>>
>>3830231
It's the last warp in the game.

You have to get to the bottom right of the second chamber as fast as you can.
>>
>>3830092
Water Temple is annoying, not difficult. Unless you can't find that final fucking key.
>>
>>3829686
Never found anything that couldn't be easily mastered with a bit of thought and practice.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
>>3830246
I wish i knew about that warp as a kid. This level is way harder than Turbo Tunnel.
>>
>>3830267
definitely harder. ever see the bootsy walkthrough of this? it was pretty comprehensive
>>
>>3830078
its more difficult than fun, especially 2 player
>>
>>3830421
I beat it myself back then. Part with fireballs is just reflexes and luck. Mostly luck.
>>
File: jumpjump.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jumpjump.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
not "notorious" difficulty but it took maybe 5 tries to get this routine
also the Wall Boss from MM2
>>
>>3830439
2 player is impossible, but it's not more difficult than fun in single player. It's the kind of game that will throw a curveball at your dick multiple times in a row and make you start over if you fail. But practice pays off and makes the game incredibly satisfying. It's got that classic "how far will I get this time" NES charm that modern games lack.
>>
>>3830728
>2 player is impossible
Wrong. Full 2 player playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nA6ftb4mY
>>
>>3830449
>not "notorious" difficulty
I keep seeing lots and lots of whining and bitching about those parts when my little sister who's not even into vidya much mastered them like a boss.
>>
>>3830728
I was actually pretty fucking good at NES battletoads back in the day, but I'm dubious as fuck about the 'impossibility level' of snes battletoads tbqh. I had to hack it for unlimited life/lives etc. Used slow mo on emulator for buzz-saw stage, that sliding bowling alley stage and the drop-down-the-tower-racing-the-rat stage.

Even cheating, that shit is as hard as it gets, much harder than anything the NES game had. I'd love to see it done legit, but even if I witness it, I'll probably still not believe it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.