[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that hit you with the biggest TECHNOLOGY moments to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: conkers-bad-fur-day-n64.jpg (307KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
conkers-bad-fur-day-n64.jpg
307KB, 1024x768px
ITT: games that hit you with the biggest TECHNOLOGY moments to minutes of play ratio.

This game blew my mind form beginning to end back when it came out. I simply could not believe I was playing it, it felt literally like playing an animated film.
>>
i like it when squirrel done a swear lol
>>
>>3829063
we all do
>>
>>3829063
I like conker. E is a pretty cool guy. He cusses and doesnt afraid of anyone
>>
>>3829037
You must have a hyperactive imagination.
>>
What?

Conker's Bad Fur Day is a fantastic game, but tech wise it was an exclusive for an under-powered, previous gen console nearing the end of it's life-cycle.
>>
I don't care about "TECHNOLOGY" moments.

>>3829398
>Conker's Bad Fur Day is a fantastic game, but tech wise it was an exclusive for an under-powered, previous gen console nearing the end of it's life-cycle.

The N64 wasn't "under-powered", it was by far the most powerful 5th gen console and approaching dreamcast with the expansion pak. The only thing I can think of you might mean is that its power wasn't used and there were some awful bottlenecks and it was hard to program for. Hardly underpowered.
>>
>>3829415
I wish I knew people's obsession with the N64 and "bottlenecks". No other console seems to receive as much armchair technical analysis as the N64 (most of it very wrong). Not criticizing you, but a statement in general.

Though ironically, Conker's Bad Fur Day doesn't use the Expansion Pak. Rare said it was of little benefit for their purposes. Remember, it doesn't make the console go faster, only gives its brain a little more room.
>>
>>3829468
Yeah. Never hear anything about the Saturn's questionable hardware choices around here, amirite? And there totally hasn't been a thread about the PSX's affine texture mapping floating around here for days.

Oh wait.

lol cry in 2 ur texture cache kiddo rekt 4 free
>>
>>3829617
The PS1 has an even smaller texture cache.
>>
>>3829656
>I know how to look up specs on wikipedia but I have no understanding of systems' architectural differences.
Duly noted.
>>
Bar none. Every single second from the opening cinematic to the moment Cloud leaps off a speeding bullet you feel like you've leapt into the future. Look at those flowers. See them? Back in the day you could almost sniff them if you didn't know no better. Every part of this epic reminded you that 1997 was the year video games could be taken seriously. Sure later entries were prettier in a few trivial details but nothing before or since has signaled a full on change in the cultural zeitgeist like Final Fantasy 7. And to think... this all began with a flower girl. Kind of beautiful.
>>
HL2 ragdoll physics
>>
I thought a lot of the Mode 7 background levels in Castlevania IV were pretty cool.

Bloodlines had a bunch of crazy shit too, but I don't know what exactly the Genesis did to render those.
>>
>>3829665
I could barely recognize the flowers on my composite crt as a kid. I think it was some big ass 32" sony with just one set of RCA ports.
>>
>>3829037
Is there a reason why this game is going for a hundred freedom bucks? Jesus Christ.
>>
I though Unreal Tournament was quite good.
>>
>>3829801
>Is there a reason why this game is going for a hundred freedom bucks?

It's a game exclusive for a Nintendo platform those are never going to cost less than $60-70 nowadays, F.I.B. if you're lucky ,it had a low print since it was released at the very end of the console life and they didn't expected it to be a million seller, and it's a RARE game (lame pun I know), specifically a self-publish one since Nintendo didn't want anything to do with it.
>>
>>3829787
It blasted some processes.
>>
File: 1486500092618.jpg (14KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
1486500092618.jpg
14KB, 210x263px
>>3829665
holy shit this post
>>
>>3829617
I feel most of those threads and posts have been made in reaction to the armchair N64 technical analysis.

But outside of /vr/ people just say the Saturn was
hard to develop for, and the PS1 had jiggle. That's not too different from saying the N64 has blur. But then with the N64 people go further and make elaborate, often technically illiterate explainations for why the N64 is the way it is, and it's a phenomenon I haven't seen for any other console. Even with SNES, people limit thir discussion exclusively to the CPU, and he'll, the only reason they are talking about it is due to Sega's marketing.

>>3829663
To be fair, if you singled out the texture cache as the N64's greatest weakness, then it is likely you are the Wikipedia parrot without an understanding of system architecture, not him. See, even your previous post proves my earlier one.
>>
>>3829037
Do people like this because of the furry animals essentially?
>>
>>3831168
And proof that writing can carry a game without big name talent. The programmers voiced the entire cast of this salacious saucy semi-self sequel.
>>
>>3829037
never liked it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.