[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Appreciation Thread 64 Hi there /vr/. Today I want to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: My Nintendo64.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
My Nintendo64.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Appreciation Thread 64

Hi there /vr/. Today I want to talk about this great system. As I write this, we are about one day close to the Nintendo64 's 20 anniversary in almost all PAL regions.

For all of us, ones that had the system on Its time, or just love It:

>Are you preparing the anniversary in any way?
>Are you going to play some Nintendo64 those days?
>Do you have magazines talking about the launch or early info about the system? >Experiences? Memories? Your personal Top 10?
>Do you hate this awesome, but extremely fragile joystick?

This is a Nintendo64 appreciation thread.
>>
20th anniversary already passed for the NTSC gods. Nobody cares.
>>
Why was the N64 so relevant in America and nowhere else? It was literally a proto XBox.
>>
>>3827489
>Are you preparing the anniversary in any way?
nothing really, besides telling my gf about it (she's a very N64 enthusiast)
>Are you going to play some Nintendo64 those days?
I bought Episode I Racer last week (a friend loaned it to me and played the hell out of it as a kid), so maybe some podracing.
>Do you have magazines talking about the launch or early info about the system?
Well, not specifically launch days, but I have a lot of old magazines from N64 era
>Experiences? Memories? Your personal Top 10?
>christmas of 1998
>6 years old me
>never owned a console
>mom and I go to a mall
>so this is the console you want?
>y-yes
>okay, pick one
>isthisreallife.jpg
I remember I picked up Goldeneye 007 instead of 1080 Avalanche as my first game. Then we both pluged up the system for the first time. I remember my mother being really curious and excited with the thing.

>Do you hate this awesome, but extremely fragile joystick?
I hate more the fucking controller-transfer pak conection. I have to plug it to the second controller and leave it alone on the desk while playing with other controller. Fuck it.
>>
OP here

>>3827529
>isthisreallife.jpg
How old were you in that time? Maybe we are about the same age I'm 25.

My controllers never gave me any problem with the that connector.
>>
>>3827556
yes, i´m also 25 pal.
>>
File: My 1st N64 collection.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
My 1st N64 collection.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>3827489

My first N64 collection, that is to say, the ones that I had while the commercial life of the system.
>>
>>3827570
mine is (in order of acquisition)
>Goldeneye 007
(as I said before, It was the first game I picked, never beated but I replayed levels like a retard exploring different possibilities)
>Pokémon Stadium
I loaded my Yellow Edition bros and fight with them on 3D. That shit blew my mind
>Lego Racers
first go karting game ever. Power up system is still better than any MK. Also, never could beat Basil the Bat
>Mario Party2
I spent countless hours solo with that game, feeling like the confiest game ever. I didn´t realize the game as fucking created with multiplayer in mind. In fact, I didn't played it multi until I meet my girlfriend (way beyond the commercial life of the N64)
>The Legend of Zelda: Majora´s Mask
Perhaps the reason I love videogames as I do

That was my first "collection", but then:
Games that a friend gave me or I ended up buying:

>Mario64
I liked it back in the day, but I can appreciate it more now
>Super Smash Bros
Beated it, played the hell out of it with a friend
>Mario Kart
Not as great as Lego Racers, but far more easy
>Paper Mario
Still unplayed
>Pokemon Stadium 2
Objetively it was the same but greater than the first one, but I never got into it as with it's older counterpart
>Lylat Wars
I liked it, but I couldn´t save the progress, so meh
>Episode I Racer
fuck, I loved this game. I Tempto Pagallies'ed my way to the top back in the day

also, games I played on recent years that belongs to gf:
>Shadows of the Empire
get stuck at some point and quit, but fuck, amazing game
>Ocarina of Time
I beated it and loved the fuck out of it. I still prefer Majora
That´s my collection story until today
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.