[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this clusterfuck of a final boss in this easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Monster-World-Screen-Shot-12.jpg (91KB, 682x474px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-World-Screen-Shot-12.jpg
91KB, 682x474px
What the fuck is this clusterfuck of a final boss in this easy ass game.

That conveyor belt feels like it ruberbands you to the saw and makes you slide into the boss as if it was ice. Then there's the lasers. Two of them. Which move on random patterns. And it does so much damage. What the fuck.

And very time you die you have to go back and eat through so may cutscenes, even if you save after beating the boss rush.

Granted every boss is sort of a clusterfuck too but this bastard is also hard on top. I recall the final boss of the previous Wonder Boy being similar. If it wasn't for the Zombie armor glitch, I doubt I'd have beat it.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
>Why is this easy ass game so hard
Must be broke, Dude. Take it back to Kay-Bee.
>>
>>3826774
git gud
>>
File: 1486343918410.gif (1004KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486343918410.gif
1004KB, 320x240px
Turns out the Conveyor Belt and Saw were added in the Burger version of the game, which I was playing.

No wonder it's so wonky to control and it feels so out of place.
>>
I just finished playing Wonder Boy III... kinda sorta.. passwords and such...

Tried Monster World. He seems slow as fuck.
>>
>>3827962
Yeah, you move slow at first. Buying boots increases movement speed.
>>
>>3826792
Kaybee haha
>>
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!
>>
>>3826774
Its your fault that you suck at videogames. Either get good or go back to sucking dicks which you're better at doing, [Faggot]
>>
>>3826774
They added the wheel saw for the western version to make it more difficult. He's rather piss easy in the original japanese version.
>>
>>3826802
>>3829486
Why do you faggots even post? It's not a matter of getting good. As a player that has finished every game in the Wonderboy series dozens if not hundreds of times, I can say without a doubt OP is right, the boss is a clusterfuck compared to any other in the series. Sure there are ways to cheese it, but it is a massive pain in the ass if you don't know it intimately.
>inb4 more git gud faggotry appears
Don't worry OP, these cocksuckers probably havent even seen this thing in game. I finished this in 1992, probably before these two cunts were even born.
>>
File: wb4-md.jpg (119KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
wb4-md.jpg
119KB, 490x700px
>>3830915
I know anon, I saw that online. Already posted about it here >>3826834 It does look ridiculously easy in the japanese version, I'd agree. Too bad it's either that or hampering you so much. The ice dungeon physics don't fuck with you as half as the treadmill alone does, and with worse consequences. Much worse.

>>3831045
I'm aware, anon, it's not just hard, it's really awkward, and to have a shot at him you have to sit through a lot of cutscenes and traveling, and I had the idea of clearing the boss rush and saving so I didn't have to wait five minutes every time. I finally beat it that day after like an hour, but how the fuck does that conveyor belt work exactly? It feels like it staples you to the top of the saw if you try to jump over it. And every tiny jump from its other end while it's going in the opposite direction launches you forward with so much force, I end up hitting a laser or the mecha. It's so bizarre. I had to alternate between staying in the corner praying the lasers didn't get me while destroying them and use my "Power" wisely to get in as many hits as I could before the lasers regenerated. What a painful time.

Other than that, and the other bosses, who were all big jokes/endurance tests, I loved this game. Solid combination of platforming and combat via blocking projectiles and recognizing patterns. Can't wait to play the fourth one, it looks so cute.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.