[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this? http://www.analogue.co/pages/nt-min i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: analoguent.jpg (101KB, 614x293px) Image search: [Google]
analoguent.jpg
101KB, 614x293px
What the fuck is this?
http://www.analogue.co/pages/nt-mini
>>
It appears to be the analog nt mini.
>>
The very page you linked to explains it perfectly. Delete your thread and create a new one when you actually have something to discuss.
>>
>>3825451
What explains why it costs so damn much?
>>
File: GBShader.png (737KB, 959x866px) Image search: [Google]
GBShader.png
737KB, 959x866px
Its a Analouge NT-mini.

Its a FPGA that is set up to play NES and famicom games and it can output in a bunch of different formats including HDMI, S-Video, and RGB.

Heres the My Life In Gaming episode on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMwBxL5ZlGw&t=1244s
>>
It's a much more expensive Retro AVS
>>
>>3825454
The cost comes from the fact its full aluminum and doesn't use a emulator but a FPGA to mimic the hardware (No need to dump the rom).
>>
>>3825454
FPGAs are expensive. Someday the prices will probably come down, and then some very cool stuff will be possible!
>>
>>3825447
KEVTRIS PRE ZIMBA 3000 CORES!
also incredible pricey and without a fds low pass filter
>> I fixed that so my FDS audio should be good to go, other than the total lack of lowpassing which I can't add due to resource usage in the FPGA right now. In fact I was using the bio miracle NSF compared against youtube videos of a real FDS playing the game to make sure I got it right. Supposedly this is one of the most difficult things to get right.
>>
>>3825447
You know how people on this board have been extensively complaining about rising prices and no new retro gaming gear being made and all that kind of stuff?

THAT is the deal with this.
>>
>>3825447
do you live in a cave? fuck.

>>3825460
it's way more than that. it outputs HDMI and analog video (Composhit/Svid/RGB) and can do full 1080p video out. It's also possible to jailbreak it and load cores for other systems, like Master System and 2600.

>>3825732
I don't get this post
>>
>>3825592
That was a dealbreaker for me, but from my understanding the filter will be present if you use a real FDS. Too bad the FDS Stick is still borked on it.

Now the dealbreaker is the price again...
>>
>>3825761
>It's also possible to jailbreak it and load cores for other systems
Wow thank you for bringing this to my attention! Kevtris has been a busy bee. He must feel pretty bad about the Retro VGS to be releasing cores for the ANT mini for free - or just wants to prove he's actually got what he says he's got after the RVGS fiasco. I'll be sure to stay tuned to see the reviews on his cores' accuracy and assuming they are, I might actually get my hopes up slightly for his new console.
>>
>>3825761
He wants you to buy a $450USD emulator box that can only do 8-bit consoles
>>
>>3826518
I think the Zimba will be pretty amazing if it sees the light of day. I personally think he should consider breaking the project up to cover different hardware types (for example, Zimba6502, Zimba68K, etc.) since cost seems to be an issue for a one-size-fits-all solution.

then again, people will bitch no matter what he ends up doing, so fuck it I guess
>>
>>3825447
overpriced emulator box for hipsters
>>
>>3827572
A couple thousand LE/Cs isn't going to make a difference in cost. He's going to need ~10k just to do all the cart emulation. The only way to reduce gate count and thereby cost would be to do one version that only plays carts and one that has SD. That could save up to $40. For people who already have original or flash carts that might be interesting.
>>
>>3825447
>$449
I know there's quite a lot of work put into it, but come on.
>>
>>3826696
and you need the original cartridges.
>>
You think that's bad, take a look at his "special product".

http://www.analogue.co/pages/24k-gold-nes

It just goes to show that there are people with a lot of money out there who are incredibly dumb and have zero sense of anything. He's taking advantage of them.
>>
>>3828884
>He's taking advantage of them.
nothing wrong with that.

Next up he should make a model with super hi-def audio parts for 24bit/192kHz output.

only then truly NES-loving audiiphiles can enjoy the games.
>>
>>3828850
nope, you can just use an sd card.
>>
>>3828905
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/page-42#entry3687219
meh
>>
>>3825761
>I don't get this post
New retro hardware. The key to circumventing reseller scum.

Of course, old CRTs are still plentiful and cheap, so it's important that new retro hardware outputs good analog signals.
>>
He's no longer taking apart legitimate NES consoles to Frankenstein these things, so I'm not even upset.
People who pay $600 for a literal clone console deserve what they get.
>>
>>3825458
Fuck off shill. It's a faggot meme console.
>>
>>3825447
Looks like an awesome system
>>
>>3827821
Retron is an emulator
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.