[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't see a repair general, so I'll just make a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: RedBatt.jpg (48KB, 525x422px) Image search: [Google]
RedBatt.jpg
48KB, 525x422px
I didn't see a repair general, so I'll just make a thread for this.

I replaced the battery in my Pokemon Blue, but it didn't save. After opening it up I noticed the tab isn't stuck onto the battery. How can I fix this? Pic related isn't mine.
>>
>>3824895
Pokemon Blue? But the cart is red.
>>
>>3824901
>Pic related isn't mine
>>
>>3824895

Probably just need to resolder the loose tab
>>
File: _20170226_171049.jpg (928KB, 2743x1980px) Image search: [Google]
_20170226_171049.jpg
928KB, 2743x1980px
>>3824915
I mean the part that actually touches the battery, not the tab you solder down.
>>
>>3824920
Couldn't you just glue it? That's how they come from the factor IIRC. Mind you, it'll have to be glued so that some of the tab is making metal-to-metal contact with the battery. A small dab near the outher part of the battery should work. Bend it, if necessary.
>>
>>3824920

Tape
>>
>>3824920
>>3824915
DO NOT RESOLDER IT
if you do you risk blowing the battery up and ruining your cart. I would recommend taping the battery back in its spot.
>>
>>3824920
Just bend the tab for a tighter contact and tape it for some extra security.
>>
File: retard alert.png (111KB, 815x458px) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.png
111KB, 815x458px
>>3824915
>>
>>3824920
Electrical tape.

Do note that opening the cartridge afterwards can possibly remove enough pressure from the tape + battery that it'll lose connection and delete the save. So don't do that.
>>
>>3824920

My bad dude, misunderstood.

Just tape should fix that then
>>
>>3824920
tape it, I changed my crystal battery 9 years ago and it still works with the tape
>>
just use the larger batteries and when you shut the cart up it'll be wedged in there and wont move
>>
tape is a bad idea, my Pokemon Gold cart lost its save again because the tape came off
even if you use a fair bit of good, strong, sticky tape

ideally, you'd install a battery holder and stick the battery in that (which would make the replacement process ten years down the line really fucking easy), but I dunno if there's enough space
alternatively, it would be nice if there was a conductive glue that didn't suck ass
>>
File: 1363807353401.gif (400KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1363807353401.gif
400KB, 400x240px
>>3824920
Yeah, best to just get a new battery. Soldering the tab back on will kill the battery.
>>
>>3824895
drakon it on like a baus.
>>
>>3825481
There are battery holders that fit, though I couldn't tell you which ones
>>
>>3824915
rip
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.