[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm going through zelda 1 again for the first time in ages.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: cunts.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cunts.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
i'm going through zelda 1 again for the first time in ages.

can someone give me tips on beating these bastards in level 5? after about 100 tries i got through the first room full of these guys (the one where you have to bomb the wall) using bombs, sword and 2 drinks of potion.. then i get to this next room full of them.... now i'm totally out of supplies & obviously I died pretty quickly.

it literally took me hours of trying, dying, gathering supplies and trying again just to get through the first room. how can i get through both?

i've got 9 hearts, by the way.
>>
Use bombs wisely. It can reduce the numbers a lot if you place them correctly. And you should have enough heart containers for the Magic Sword now.
>>
>>3824845
Get enough hearts for a Magical Sword or get good. They're not that hard to learn
>>
just git gud, it took you 100 tries because you are shit, if you weren't shit then it wouldn't have taken 100 tries, makes sense doesn't it?
>>
>>3824853

ah okay cool. i think i saw the magical sword before but i didn't have enough hearts for it. gonna go back now.

bombs is tough because i can have a max of 8 right now... i need to kill the dodongos before i get to these guys and that takes 6 bombs, so i need to crawl thru the rest of the dungeon for random bomb drops which sometimes never happen.
>>
>>3824859

helpful.
>>
>>3824868
You can slash dodongos the moment they swallow a bomb, they drop bombs every time as a result.
>>
>>3824879

oh man. thanks !
>>
Pay attention to when they turn. They always walk at least one whole square in whatever direction they're facing before they turn. This means they only change direction when they're perfectly aligned with the grid laid out on the dungeon floor.

You can damage them from any side but their front, so get close to one diagonally, then the moment they turn, position yourself to their side/back and strike before they've had time to move far enough to turn again.

I remember these guys once gave me hell too, but once you get this down they become cake.
>>
>>3824880
Actually I got that wrong, you have to stun the dodongo before hitting him. Easiest way is make it eat your bomb, then bomb him again while he's stationary, but before he can eat the second.
>>
>>3824884
thanks.

>>3824898
yeah, i just figured that out.
>>
in some rooms it helps to stand on the south side of any blocks, and wait for the darknuts to walk along the north side and attack through the block
>>
>>3824845

You can hit them from the south side of a block, where you'll be 100 percent safe. I also like to wait for them to pass corners and catch them in the side.

These guys aren't that hard if you have plenty of health or a potion really.

The only true threat in this game is Blue Wizzrobes. Fuck those fucking fuckers, there is no viable strategies to deal with those things. It's just stab from the side or back and hope they don't fucking turn or teleport. And forget about it if you don't have a magic shield.
>>
File: FINALLY.jpg (435KB, 1617x1184px) Image search: [Google]
FINALLY.jpg
435KB, 1617x1184px
I finally finished this game.

Don't get discouraged, OP.
It's all about knowing where stuff is, and staying one step ahead of the game. I like to pick up the blue ring, white sword, large shield, bombs, medicine, and a candle before even entering the first dungeon. It makes the game a lot easier if you're prepared.
>>
>>3825913
Now beat the 2nd Quest

>>3824845
Just wait until you encounter wizzrobes, bucko!
>>
>>3824845
you should stop being so bad at games.

also, be patient, don't rush it. wait for them to be in the position where you are comfortable with hitting them.
>>
>>3824914
Level 7 was hell without the magic shield.
>>
>>3826248
i just beat the game a few weeks ago without the magic shield. it got stolen two times so i just gave it up altogether.
>>
>>3824845

You're slightly faster than them so get gud at moving half tiles. They love to turn right. I tend to go after one as soon as they seem to lose interest in me.
>>
>>3824914

They tend to move like knights in a game of chess. Still too random to really work well though.
>>
>>3826248

I think you got your dungeons confused, because the magical shield won't do shit for dungeon 7
>>
Am I correct in assuming that

A. There's never two cave entrances on any screen at any given time, and there is no reason to burn/bomb/flute when there's a cave/dungeon entrance on the screen?

B. The flute will never expose any secrets along the coasts, rivers, or big lakes in the second quest?
>>
>>3827012
I think A is correct, but I'm not sure about B.

I haven't played the second quest
>>
>>3827072
I just beat the second quest, it's a lot easier if you draw a map of the dungeons.

But now i'm doing a Zelda randomizer run which mixes elements from both 1st and 2nd quest and i'm at wits end because of a Lack of a Ladder.
>>
>>3824845
Soooo, I literally just went through this all again. As a kid, these fuckers were the bane of my existence, but I beat em somehow....

Tonight, I beat em too. Another tip is to walk on the lines between blocks. Like, go to one end and go up and down on a line: they can't walk on those lines, only on the full blocks, so you can sorta go back and forth and take swipes.

Do not come at them from behind, ever. Go for the sides.

Use bombs.

And when all else fails, use save states in your emulator to save state at the beginning of the dungeon with full health. Cheap, yes, but saves the bother of having to go all the way the fuck around to get to a damn fountain.

One more thing: before doing 5 you should really grind the blue ring, and get every remaining overworld heart container, and get the master sword. Getting the 100 rupee hidden peoples helps with this.
>>
>>3828376
>emulator
>>
>>3824845
hit their backs. Also Zelda is not a hard game.
>>
>>3828614
No video game is hard, they're designed for children
>>
>>3828617
Children are exceedingly good at learning
>>
>>3824845
>>3824845
>>3824845
The best nes game
>>
>>3828486
Oh did that push the stick further up your ass?
>>
>>3824868
Dude stab the darknuts in the back
>>
>>3825941
I'm also playing Zelda 1, I'm on level 6, fuck wizzrobes and fuck life.
>>
Why were some games so hard back then? They are meant to be for kids.

Why?
>>
There are plenty of hard NES games, but Zelda isn't one of them.

Besides, kids back then probably liked the challenge, and had an attention span not damaged by the modern age.
>>
>>3833521
Ironically, it is video games that are partially responsible for damaging our attention spans. You may not like it but it's true.
>>
>>3833527
probably is true
>>
>>3833473

You got maybe 1-2 new games per year tops, and the were pretty expensive. So developers wanted you to play with it as long as possible, which made you replay the games you had over and over again until you got gud. Zelda at least had battery save, so you retry instantly without having to put in 10 lines of code (then find out you wrote the 8 as a 0 and have to start from beginning)
>>
>>3831627
Just make sure you have a magic shield.
>>
>>3836695
He just needs to stab their backs
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.