[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did people play this back in the time? I just beated Melchiah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 2zzuce9.jpg (112KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2zzuce9.jpg
112KB, 600x600px
How did people play this back in the time?

I just beated Melchiah but now I'm truly lost, the lack of a map truly hurts this game.

Wandering aimlessly I reached a part which Raziel commented as a human citadel.
>>
>Return to the Sanctuary of the Clans, Raziel. Melchiah’s soul has endowed you with the means to gain entry.
Beware, however - this hollow derelict is abandoned, but not uninhabited...

Did you even pay attention, anon?
>>
>>3823531
I actually did but I'm not too familiar with the places names.
I managed to find the sanctuary by pure luck tho.
I know it's all my fault but I'm really enjoying the game nonetheless
>>
File: Sanktuariumklanów.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sanktuariumklanów.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>3823535
Go there, switch to spectral realm, and use Melchiah's ability to go through bars on the far right of the building.
>>
>>3823541
>>3823541
Yeah, already fighting Kain.
All I need to do is get familiar with the places by name.
>>
>>3823515
>I reached a part which Raziel commented as a human citadel.
This is confusing.
You aren't suppose to be able to access that part right after Melchiah.

Are you confusing bosses names?
>>
>>3823554
Not bosses, places.
When I beated Melchia yesterday I saved to continue right now and started right at the beginning. But I'm no longer lost now (but Kain's fight sure is annoying)
>>
>>3823559
Protip: He always teleports behind you
kek
>>
>>3823515

Remember, you're only playing for the aesthetics and line delivery. The gameplay is a stinker.

As for the story...well let's just say it quickly turns into a 4 timeline fanfic as you keep going down the series.
>>
>>3823569
>The gameplay is a stinker.
I unironically like the gameplay. The real "I'm only here for the story" didn't really began until SR2
>>
>>3823574

Wait till you get to the blocks.
>>
>>3823585
I'm not OP. I'm the other anon and I've beaten this game many times.
>>
>>3823515
Is it a where the hell do you go game
>>
>>3824304
It's 3D metroidvania.

So yes
>>
>>3823515
if you return to the beginning room and step on a certain platform, the elder god will tell you where to go
>>
>>3823585
The fact they get so overdone and complex is honestly sort of charming.
All we really are lacking, is for Telekinesis to also passively upgrading your block push speed.
>>
I somehow think I did wrong in playing Soul Reaver first.

Reading TV Tropes I found out in order to make sense of everything I must play every game at least twice and I'm not sure I'll have that much time for six games.

I just started SR because it looked awesome and the voice acting is perfect.
>>
File: 833_front.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
833_front.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>3823515
They played the superior version
>>
>>3824513
Oh neat, so the DC version adds subtitles and an in-game map? Gotta try that out some day.
>>
>>3824517
You forgot the big ass leap in graphics and framerate going from PS/PC to DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyYmgDrYofA
>>
>>3824526
I kinda prefer PS1 to be honest. Seems darker with a tad higher contrast or something.
>>
>>3824526
It was indeed superior.
>>
>>3824517
Nope.
>>
>steam/gog version was ported from a beta build

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>3824526
only played the psx version, really have to get around to playing the dc port
>>
>>3823515
This game SUUUUURE likes block puzzles, I don't know if I'll have the patience to finish it.
>>
File: amy_hennig.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amy_hennig.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>3824564
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
Kain is deified.
>>
>>3824569
Man I really want to get into this game but moving blocks for hours wasn't exactly what I expected from this.
>>
>>3824569
It's an eidos game, tomb raider was full of block puzzles as well
>>
>>3824526
Dreamcast version indeed looks better but it doesn't have the same grim atmosphere.

The messy graphics of PS1 that we all love to hate somehow worked in favor of the dying world they were creating.
>>
>>3824578
Except Crystal Dynamics developed it, who didn't get the tomb raider franchise until 2006 with legends.
>>
>>3824526
The particle effects and Raziel's shadow look better on PS1/DC, but yeah. Wish they had released SR2 on DC like they planned.
>>
>>3824887

You do understand the DC footage is from a bad emulator right?
>>
>>3824569
She couldn't write for one.
>>
>>3824576

Just YT the cutscenes. The dungeon design is garbage compared to something like OOT which came out a year before.

Check out darksiders to experience what this game actually wanted to be.
>>
>>3824591
It's very obvious that Edios told CD to make a 3D platformer like Tomb Raider.

According to Hennig the levels design was split across the team and they were pretty bummed out that everyone came back with box puzzles
>>
>>3825061
>everyone came back with box puzzles
my god yes. that perfect. everyone though box puzzles were best puzzles.
>>
I wish this franchise lasted long enough to see itself shoehorned into the action/parkour scene. it would have translated very well to the prince of Persia style gameplay and combat
>>
I literally just finished playing this game for the first time.

When I got a new ability, I went to all the place that I remember I could use it. Then, if I didn't find the main path, I would just go back to the start and go until I found another place I could use it.

But ACTUALLY if you stand on the platform in the room you start in, Tony Jay tells you where you need to go. Granted, it's a little difficult because he uses compass directions and place names like you're supposed to know them.

Think of the game as a Metroidvania.
>>
>>3823585
I like the blocks. And the edgy story and atmosphere.
>>
OP did you know you could flip blocks anytime as long as there is room? You don't need to flip them onto a higher platform. It took me some time to figure that out and I've read random comments online from people who say the same thing.
>>
>>3825031
Then post a comparison from a good emulator.
>>
>>3823515
>How did people play this back in the time?
like men
>>
>>3825032
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD YOU CODFAG MILLENIAL REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3827317

>defending fanfiction.net tier writing
>>
>>3827331
No one knows what fan fiction tier writing is since no one reads fan fiction.
>>
>>3827317

Except you're a millenial though.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.