[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you play this game? How does it compare to Boomerang?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_6106-cotton2-1117317309.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6106-cotton2-1117317309.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
How do you play this game? How does it compare to Boomerang?

I've played both a handful of times but don't really understand the mechanics beyond basic shmup stuff. Like, how do you surround an enemy in magic (as opposed to just a regular grab) so you can rack up insane combos? I've done it several times but had no idea how. Any other game play mechanics that set this game apart from other shmups?
>>
>>3821197
I like cute anime girls 2 op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlkhfU4T4g
>>
i really like these games, put in a bunch of effort getting that saturn emulator working properly with this cotton 2, I would like to buy a saturn and this eventually

i haven't played boomerang but compared to other cottons i think 2 is the best feeling

i think theres some pachinko machines... i wish there would be a new cotton game someday with a nice western release :)
>>
So can anyone tell me how to start a combo? I do it randomly sometimes (putting an enemy in a magic bubble) but I'm not sure why it happens
>>
File: cottoncombos_.png (174KB, 672x508px) Image search: [Google]
cottoncombos_.png
174KB, 672x508px
>>3821197
You can do street fighter like combinations for special moves. HCF + fire or HCB + fire makes an arced shot for example. Back, Forward, Fire does a short rapidfire. Forward, Back, Fire does a triple shot. You can do a long combo of back, forward, fire, back, fire, forward, down, fire, to do a rapidfire volley, a triple shot, and then two simultaneous arced shots.
One of the special moves with Punch will allow you to immediately grab and seal a monster (normally you just grab them), the other one I think tells tinkerball and the bat-hat to fuck off so you can fly faster (they automatically do that when you are low on health, but this can trigger it on/off).

The 360 + down+a+b+c is self destruct.
Not sure what the move with C is, maybe it drops your crystal without doing a super.

Boomerang has mostly the same combos, except that B now always punches (and on kill, seals and grabs the monster in a bubble), it has no extra move for C, you can hold A and release to do a dragon special, and your long combo works as b, f, A, b, A, b, A, f, A, and it does a volley, a triple shot, two arcs, and a dragon (I'm not sure if this is the exact combination, I just mash f+A on the end).

The game even shows you these combinations by the way, pic related. It's either in attract or after a game over.
>>
>>3821746
>b, f, A, b, A, b, A, f, A, and it does a volley, a triple shot, two arcs, and a dragon

oh, and the best part about this, is that you can hold A and do the dragon move after this. So you can keep switching between that and the long combo, to keep throwing dragons around, which is great because they null enemy shots.

Also use either the Light weapons or the Ice ones. Ice bounces off everything, and magic seals fall down straight according to gravity. Light weapons crash through walls and enemies, and in Cotton 2 they do a large laser show as a special. But they are rare as fuck in Cotton 2 and only used by bat hat and tinkerbell in Boomerang, who have weird hitboxes.

Wind is probably the worst weapon, since if you shoot a magic bubble, it will attract them to you, until it sits in front of you and you are unable to shoot anything past it. Fire and Ice seals will go up or down as you hit them, which is more useful, and also if they hit a ceiling because of this, it counts as an extra hit. So if you rapidfire on them in a choke you can rack up hundreds of hits.

In Boomerang, it gets even better since the dragon special continuously bounces them. I think the most hits I ever did there was around 4-500, on the reverse gravity level where you have a bunch of spiders between walls.
>>
>>3821746
Oh shit, I thought I was playing a shmup, not a fightan. Interesting.
>>
>>3821197
What is the best way to play this game? Isn't it rare?
>>
>>3824274
Saturn + action replay ram cart + modchip or pseudo saturn. Burn the iso onto a cd-r and you're good to go.
>>
>>3824274
Not rare at all, just expensive.
SSF emulated it perfectly since 2006. You can also get a Saturn and a modchip or do the swap trick. Just stay away from MAME, it emulates the game criminally badly.
>>
>>3821746
what the FUCK. I didn't know any other shmups besides cho aniki did this.
>>
>>3824338
Cotton 2 and boomerang are the best shmups in existence
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.