[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the optimal number of battalions you should have? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-OgreBattle64.jpg (21KB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
250px-OgreBattle64.jpg
21KB, 250x172px
Whats the optimal number of battalions you should have? I have 10 right now. But after every mission all the money I get seems to have to be spent on training, lest they fall too far behind in levels.

Also is Liedel worth it (instead of low CF characters like Biske and Carth)? I'm trying to do a "good" run this time as I've received the "bad" ending already. I'm not sure who else you get on this route.
>>
>>3821021
All of the units who don't join as a final promote unit wind up being trash unless you change their class and thereby destroy their uniqueness. That means Troi, Katreda, Asnabel, Liedel, Sheen and Vad (who is effectively a ninja who can't change classes) are trash.
>>
>Troi is trash
Nigga what? Troi is amazingly strong. Especially early game.
>>
>>3822468
Early game, sure. Then he falls off the map because cataphracts are straight upgrades of phalanx units.
>>
File: 1487630183200.jpg (38KB, 470x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487630183200.jpg
38KB, 470x720px
>be edgy kid me
>go to Vampite units because VAMPIRES
>do all the side quests
>finally get vampire units
>they fucking suck (no pun intended)
>>
quetalcoatls, cockatrices and pumpkinheads break this game hilariously
>>
>>3822526
Don't forget Lich with the Drakonite Spells.
>>
The game isn't difficult, you can survive with whatever size army you like. Enemy units are usually built poorly, so you'll pretty much always win. The only tough units are the bosses, but you only have to target the boss to win.

Include a cleric in every unit and you'll lose 2 people the entire game, tops.
>>
Aren't games like Orge Battle and Final Fantasy Tactics insanely easily to steam roll with the job combinations?
>>
>>3822568
Ogre BATTLE and Final Fantasy Tactics are mechanically different. You are thinking of TACTICS Ogre.
>>
>>3822520
The vampire may be the most disappointing unit in the entire game. I thought pumpkinheads would suck but pumpkin shower is pretty good for devastating a bulky opponent.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (99KB, 342x396px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
99KB, 342x396px
>>3822526
Nice team you got there. Would be a shame if someone were to paralyze them all.
>>
>>3821021
why did they stop making games in this series?
they were really fun.
>>
File: Male_Class_Tree2.jpg (48KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
Male_Class_Tree2.jpg
48KB, 640x600px
>>
File: mydad'sabetterman.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mydad'sabetterman.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>3821021
You're dad in this game was a badass.
>>
Who was the worst unit in the game? in b4 vampire
>>
>>3825283
I was gonna say witch but some guides online are saying that you can effectively jury-rig two of them in the back row to make a ghetto, early version of a Quetzalcoatl, so I change my answer to zombie because they're weak and, if you're dumb enough to hold onto their equipment, can actively make good characters into shit characters.

But real talk, vampires are the fucking worst.
>>
Two different games altogether, I know, but would it make more sense to play March Of The Black Queen or Person Of Lordly Caliber?

I got interrupted by life things the last time I tried to run through MotBQ, but I enjoyed it overall. Is 64 basically the same principles, but expanded upon?
>>
>>3825893
Witches are top tier as long as you build the unit right, they can shut down every character except for golems, certain bosses, and undead, and they have the best stat growth of any first tier magic user. Witch/Pumpkin Head units are the meme builds of the series and for good reason, they're absolute cheese that should pretty well always win as long as they get their turn early enough. If you think they lack offensive ability you probably didn't realize that poison makes enemies deal less and take more damage, and they can use drakonite magic too if you plan things out well enough to get that book of annihilation early on.

An actual bad unit would be faeries and gremlins as a result of being deprived of their class upgrades in this installment, or the highly questionable centurions who take a huge amount of effort to get, have the stats of a valkyrie, no magic, and are obsoleted by special characters. There's no conceivable reason you ever would want to field more than 12 units and it's highly unlikely you would actually need to make a centurion to service the desire for a 3rd or 4th 3-squad legion, you would have to kick Dio out and be playing a Low Chaos-Frame game to ever have less than three legion-leaders, and you should realistically never ever need more than 3 legions composed of one high alignment, one low alignment, and one neutral alignment squad each.
>>
>>3827313
Shit man. Given the loss of unit spread and the difficulty in chasing down leaderless enemy units, were legions even worth it? You get what amounts to an extra attack in battle at a point in the game where you should have some "dependable" units that are nigh invulnerable.
>>
>>3828080
Legions are exactly only useful when the enemy is also using them.

As I recall, having not played that far into the game quite recently, the way I would use them is to use an Arrow formation to break through the center and knock out the legion leader of the enemy formation, then reverse direction after passing through, using the reverse arrow or V formation to scoop up the remnants, possibly using a larger legion (6) to create a net and press them against it using a smaller more mobile legion (3), this way when you were chasing down leaderless or critically weakened units they would get hammer back into your other units after you faught them, and if you had a good army you would typically be able to wipe them out before they got any chance to run or recuperate.

We call this tactic the hammer and anvil.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.