[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really worth owning one of these when it only has RF out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Is it really worth owning one of these when it only has RF out and hardwired controllers? I bought one for ten bucks and I hardly ever touch it because of how much of a pain it is to use with my PVM. Are the benefits of the original model (all I can think of is the sound) worth enough to not just buy an AV Fami?
>>
The microphone is the only notable feature that they have over the AV famicom. They're definitely inferior to the AV famicom at least hardware-wise but I actually like the case design more than any of the derivatives.
>>
>>3820790
lrn2mod scrub
>>
>>3820790

Eh. Depends on what you want from it.

AV mods on the original famicom almost always give jailbars. If that matters to you, an AV famicom would be best.

The AV famicom still has the extra sound channels. The mic loss is not that big of a deal imo
>>
It's not worth it OP, at least not for people like you. You might be better off with a Wii hooked up to your PMV.

Famicom are for people who actually have nostalgia for them, RF gives that fuzzy vibe, the short cables on the controller force you to sit (comfily) near the console.

Famicom is for nostalgiafags, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
For people who just want to enjoy the Famicom catalogue, but don't have nostalgia for it, just go the emulation route.

It's a win-win situation, as you'd help people who actually have nostalgia for them to obtain them easier. Main problem with the whole "retrofad" thing and prices skyrocketing are the new people getting into retro who want to own the stuff, but there just isn't enough to satisfy both the people who liked it back in the day and the new people. The new people should stick to emulation.
NES/Famicom emulation is pretty much perfect anyway.
>>
>>3820908
>>3821737
You can mod a mike on any Famicom controller if you want.
>>
>>3821762
What about NES controllers? Can you mod them with a mike?
>>
>>3821759
I like the fuzzy look and I already sit near the console, I just don't like having to keep a VCR/DVD player around to route the RF signal through to be able to use it.

Also, the player 1 controller on mine is fucked up and I figured why would I spend $40 or more on a replacement when I could just buy an AV famicom
>>
>>3821759
>NES/Famicom emulation is pretty much perfect anyway.
Look at this pleb.
>>
>>3821904
List the games that have inaccuracies when run on modern NES emus.

Or are you just posturing about "muh original hardware"?
>>
>>3821874
Could always get a controller for the Famicom like a Hudson joycon using the 15pin front port. Would be cheapest option and most of them are at least 4-6ft long.
I'm actually looking at this option now, but waiting for the best deal on eBay is slow like always. Or, a neogeo extension cable cut and soldered into an NES controller, for about $7.
>>
>>3821848
No, Mike is such a cunt in a way that he only modifies japanese hardware.
Weeaboo fuck
>>
File: CIMG1608.jpg (59KB, 568x583px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1608.jpg
59KB, 568x583px
>>3821848
I don't see why you couldn't.
>>
>>3821909
>List the games
No. But I'll give you one. Duckhunt.
>>
>>3821737
Its not that hard to get rid of jailbars. My famicom has no noticeable ones with my mod. Bigger isn't always better using caps for filtering. 2x 1uf ceramic caps and its perfect.
>>
>>3821951
You have to connect some stuff internally to make this work. The controller port doesn't have the audio line to the CPU.
>>
>>3822984
Doesn't it work with the wiimote?
>>
>>3823032
Accurately? No.
>>
>>3820790
Get the Famicom model 2.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.