[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /vr/, I these up at goodwill for $2.00 a piece. How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: WP_20170224_001.jpg (2MB, 2000x3552px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170224_001.jpg
2MB, 2000x3552px
Hello /vr/, I these up at goodwill for $2.00 a piece. How did I do?
Have you ever found some cool vidya shit at thrift stores?
>>
File: WP_20170224_002.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170224_002.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>3819676
Hm. I rotated the photo and saved it over the original, not sure why it turned out that way.
Oh well.
Cards are in really great shape. I don't have a console to test them, working on that now.
>>
File: 1487693353881[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1487693353881[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I guess the last one died. I picked up a greatest hits Fighting Force yesterday for $2 and these earlier this week for 75 cents each I was happy about.

Not nearly as good as yours though. Crazy that's still out there in the wild. Keith Courage was the pack in but still probably worth 10x what you paid. Splatterhouse is quite desirable though. Would love to have that.
>>
>>3819676
Keith courage sucks
>>
My only ever good find was a complete snes for $7 a few years ago. Shame goodwill now uses ebay prices, makes it not even worth bothering with typically.
>>
>>3819685
I had never heard of Keith Courage prior to finding it in store. Doing some research, it is quite more valuable than what I paid, but Splatterhouse seems to be much more valuable.

I'm not old enough to have grown up with the console, but the one game that I played the fuck out of was Splatterhouse. Lucky find, I guess
>>
>>3819693
That's a pretty great deal.

I'm sure a lot of thrift stores use ebay prices, but you should keep trying. Sometimes, employees couldn't be bothered to look up value of items.

I paid $2 for Splatterhouse, which goes for $50 to $100 on ebay.
>>
>>3819685
Played the fuck out of Freddy Fish back in the day.
>Sierra Hobbit game

Didn't even know this existed
>>
>>3819703
I probably wouldn't have bought Freddi Fish considering it doesn't have its case backer except for /vr/ making me aware just how popular that game is with people a bit younger than I. I think I'm currently happiest about House of the Dead as the Saturn version is kind of a hacky third party port (for some reason) but the PC version was actually handled by Sega.
>>
>>3819738
Freddi Fish was a surprisingly solid game. I'm 26 and knew only a couple of people who played it. It was one of the two games my grandma kept around, the other was Putt Putt Saves the Zoo. Humongous entertainment made both, so if you run into Putt Putt games, they would complement Freddi Fish nicely.

Only ever played HotD in arcades, would love to get a cab someday. Also CarnEvil
>>
>>3819685
>gramps always boasting about how he was a mature hardcore gamer when he was young
>now he buys edutainment

Like pottery
>>
File: 4b5dff5a21839_23477n[1].jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4b5dff5a21839_23477n[1].jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>3819781
The first time I checked out that particular thrift store my son insisted we get pic related and we've played it together since then. That's how I found out their software had a flat price regardless of stickers from other thrift stores (they seem to get the stuff that doesn't sell at the goodwill up the block)

If I ever found the edutainment games I played in school when I was a kid you can be sure I'd buy them but MicroZine was systematically pirated among teachers back then and are quite rare.
>>
>>3819676
Well done. But damn is that KK art fugly.
I've found quite a bit at thrift stores but have done much better with flea markets.

>>3819690
No. You suck.
>>
>>3819852
Aw shit, I forgot about flea markets. We have some ghetto ass flea markets here, so I should be able to find some old stuff.
It's pretty bad cover art, but I probably would have wanted it as a kid.
>>
>>3820040
It would have came with your TG-16
>>
>>3819676
God i love tg16
>>
File: 2013-06-13 16-41-38.236.jpg (220KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-13 16-41-38.236.jpg
220KB, 640x360px
>>3819676
i had a very similar experience several years ago at a goodwill, it is what finally got me to cave and buy a TG16 and games.

princes were more sane then, stuff has gone up about 400% since then i would say.
>>
>>3819676
also, splatterhouse is a $75 game now.
>>
>>3819676

What region of the us/state do you live in?
>>
>>3819693

Yeah this shit sucks. Everything is way over priced at goodwills now. I do find decent grabs when people mix all the cd cases together and they price out games as music. A tactic I use to fuck them over is bundle them up and stash them somewhere else in the store where no one looks, in a shitty kids toy or something, and then come back during the week when its 50% off. Usually works and if it plan it right you can save some cash.
>>
>>3820049
Probably not, as I never got any console new. They were always second hand and bundled games were often missing.
>>
>>3820630
New Mexico, my dude.
>>
>>3819693

Worse, Goodwill has their own website and most stores ship anything remotely valuable to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I worked there for two years as a donation monkey; made more money selling stuff I got there than I ever did from wages. Didn't want to sell the vr stuff but I was in college and desperate. Now it's just too fucking expensive to start collecting again.
>>
>>3820417
The TG16 scene is absolutely ridiculous now; even the PCE which sold a ton in Japan is stupid expensive. I spent like $55 on my RF only white PCE and just bit the bullet and bought a Turbo EverDrive rather than spending a fortune on a handful of games.
>>
>>3820643
It's all about peeling off the price stickers on hardware and having old ladies price things at the counter at mine.
>>
>>3820719
i bought a turbo everdrive mostly because the newer models are able to function has a Super System Card if you are not using a Duo.

those things by themselves run $250+ online it's nuts, so it makes sense to buy the everdrive and play turbo grafx 16 for days.

unfortunately Arcade card functionality has not been figured out yet and may require a hardware revision.
>>
>>3820730
Absolutely. The best thing about the TED is that it works on PCE and TG16 and lets you play games from both regions on either console, and the entire HuCard library fits on like a 1GB SD card.
>>
>>3820740
btw look into pc engine cd games, less demand for those if you avoid the obvious shumps and import bait games like Rondo of Blood

i've been buying wholesale lots recently for less than $4 per game shipped
>>
>>3819693
Not all Goodwills do this, they're all regionally franchised and so have varying prices. Most every Goodwill I've been to sells video games for $2-$4. And while many places will send the best stuff to auction, it all depends on how smart the people sorting the donations are. Usually if it isn't Mario or Final Fantasy it finds its way to a shelf.
>>
>>3820747
That's really the way to do it.
>>
>>3820751
to make things better, on the cheaper games (text heavy stuff like RPGs) if your japanese isn't that good the Android version of Google Translate is getting pretty impressive, i been taking pictures of the screen and it mostly can translate into something i can follow.

my phone is too wimpy for instant translation but last time i checked with the wifes beefer phone it said the language pairing was unavailible when i had it working earlier in the week.

probably disabled it during an update to fix issues with it as instant translate from japanese to english was added to it jan 30th 2017
>>
>>3820756
My Japanese is nonexistent, so I've actually been testing that out as that app as it's improved, though I'm using it on iOS. It recently got 'offline translation' for Japanese and I just checked and it had another update too. I've had decent success with the Famicom RPGs I've tried. I haven't attempted to actually play through anything, but it's helped me through some menus and shit and identifying some random cart labels, it's getting really impressive.
>>
Keith Courage is atrocious and part of the reason why the TG16 flopped.
>>
>>3820842
Are you sure?
I had it as a kid and I thought he was merely mediocre.

Although I never completed KC, I had many good games to compare it look like both Legendary Axes and both Neutopias.
>>
>>3819676
>literally hu

you got gipped buddy
>>
>>3820863
The robot stages are kind of fun, but it's also kind of just a broken game. The graphics were impressive for the time though. Almost any other game would have been a better pack in, Devil's Crush or something would have ruled. Splatterhouse would have been perfect for the edgy american market at that.
>>
>>3820694

I live in Pac NW, good will has gotten wise to carts. but i still check the cd sections for TG cases. no luck so far.

>>3820842
>atrocious

No, fuck up, it isnt. You might not like it, but its not shovelware. It didnt sink the tg16, but if bonk had taken keiths place as their psuedo 'launch title' it would have fared better.
>>
Captain Commando (Snes) at a pawn shop for 15 bucks.
>>
I got fatal frame 1,2,3 for $25 bucks the other day. Chick I bought it from was super hot, said she never got around to playing them. 3 is still sealed in its original plastic.
>>
>how did i do?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>3820417
I hear Bonk's Revenge is better
>>
>>3820842
Madō King Granzort on the Supergrafx is like KC but actually good.
Every single supergrafx game is good.

>>3824303
Bonk's Adventure=SMB
Bonk's Revenge=SMB3

Though the second game has more stuff it doesn't diminish the genius of the first.
>>
I gave up on thrift stores, most of the local ones have been ransacked by NEETs and the local retro game store.

at best, I can find PS2s, XBOXs, and Wiis, everything else has already been taken, games included. Plus, I don't think ~$40 is appropriate for those systems when they're missing cables and controllers.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.