[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I acquired a Saturn with a broken laser for around 10 dollars,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 816026sega-saturn1.jpg (30KB, 700x499px) Image search: [Google]
816026sega-saturn1.jpg
30KB, 700x499px
I acquired a Saturn with a broken laser for around 10 dollars, and I was wondering, what's the most recommended mod/repair I should do to get stuff running on it?

Also, what's the status of Dr. Abrasive's USB port mod?
>>
good deal
>>
>>3817308
You don't need to bump, threads get pruned a little slower on /vr/
>>
>>3817302
Thanks. I couldn't pass it up, even though the onyl Saturn game I have is Daytona.
>>
>>3817292
You can buy a Laser off of aliexpress they are like
$25
I am sure their are guides on how to do it yourself
>>
>>3817318
Are there any affordable SD card solutions yet?
>>
>>3817320
No not like what you have for the dream cast, I know what you mean though
I bought a mod chip for the original playstation and all that came in the mail was a single chip that you had to solder on yourself and poorly photocopied instructions that were blurry as hell
>>
>>3817320
Some guy is developing it, but it will take a while until it is out there available to the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
>>
>>3817292
Adjust the laser pot and the tray height, and you got a 50% chance of fixing it; most of the time the laser still works, just can't focus right.

>Also, what's the status of Dr. Abrasive's USB port mod?
He took Guile's advice.

>>3817320
Rhea has been available for 2 years now.
>>
>>3817292
My recommended repair is to buy a modded jap saturn for $5. It's worked for me several times. You could probably swap the parts you need if you don't like the master race case.

>>3817523
>affordable
>available
>rhea
Did your mommy drop you on your head?
>>
>>3817715
>rhea is not affordable

Get a job.
>>
File: 1481814520317.gif (1MB, 326x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481814520317.gif
1MB, 326x256px
>>3817715
>tfw own a rhea
its my only life achievement (srs)
>>
File: SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>3817715
>>
>being this insecure
>>
File: NURatD3.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
NURatD3.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
My saturn's cd drive just stopped working, I think. I literally hear nothing powering on or moving, with or without a disc. Not sure what'sup. its just completely dead it seems. unit powers on and will go to main menu.
>>3817523
how do i take off the plastic part covering the cd mechanism. its also covering the pot access maybe i can get at it with tweezers or something. also how do you adjust the tray height?
>>
>>3817779
Getting a job doesn't solve the availability problem.
>>
abrasive is doing patreon for now to fund the release of the usb loader. He plans to have it out this year.
>>
>>3821485
Your unsecure
>>
>>3823812
Take the modchip out first, see if it works without it. You have it installed wrong anyway, that model does not need a sync cable (the same signal is in the ribbon), and you should get power from the positive leg of the cap on the cd board.
>>
>>3823904
But projecting makes him feel better about his inadequacies.
>>
>>3817505
Yeah that's Dr Abrasive in the video. I don't think there's been an update vid since last July, been really curious about it too.
>>
>>3823904
>availability problem
What problem? You just subscribe to blog and order when it's available. Last batch was just 2-3 weeks ago.
>>
>>3826256
>kidlogic
kek
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.