[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any 1st gen consoles worth owning or is it litterally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1479839349001.jpg (17KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1479839349001.jpg
17KB, 540x429px
Are there any 1st gen consoles worth owning or is it litterally just variations on pong?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_generation_of_video_game_consoles

It's all pong. They're really fun though, I used to have a Coleco Telstar I found for $5 at the Goodwill and got some good times out of. You should just jump into the 2600 though, it's cheap, extremely fun, and it also has pong.
>>
>>3817276
Oh I allready have a 2600, and the paddles for it. I was just thinking the 1st gen is the only one I don't have anything from, the collector in me would like to fix that but there just doesn't seem to be anything worth getting.
>>
>>3817297
Yeah, you can play better (and even the same) versions of Pong with Video Olympics on the 2600. It's literally like every Pong machine rolled into one cart; and the other standalone devices were simple racing games or breakout, which can also be played on the 2600.
>>
>>3817265
I'm having a little trouble reading your mind and determining your likes and priorities so it's hard to say.
No, they're not all pong. But all the games are pretty basic.

>>3817276
>posts wikipedia link
>doesn't bother to read wikipeda page
>taking the google powered instant expert meme to new lows
>>
>>3817724
What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't post a link, nor did I check wikipedia. I've owned Pong machines, and I grew up with a 2600.
>>
>>3817873
Then what is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_generation_of_video_game_consoles ?
>>
It's a link to wikipedia. Specifically, it's a link that is not in my post, it's a link I've never posted even. Are you losing your mind?
>>
>>3817724
I'm interested in anything that isn't just a load of sports titles which are all variations of pong.
>>
>>3818314
In that case, I'm the other guy btw, I would stick to your 2600. Or, venture into the Intellivision or Colecovision if you're feeling frisky. I got rid of my InTV when my parents sold our old house, but I do regret it, it's a neat little console. I just picked up an 'untested' 2600 Jr. on eBay to scratch my centipede itch. Fits on my desk with a 5" CRT and it's a blast.
>>
File: link.png (19KB, 1126x138px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
19KB, 1126x138px
>>3818240
This is what the rest of the world sees. I don't doubt you. In another thread another post I didn't even make was tagged as (You).
You're still retarded for saying they're all pong though

>>3818314
The odyssey had games that weren't pong. A board game, light gun game off the top of my head. Pretty shit but not pong. The nintendo color game had a driving game that was >9000 times more enjoyable than the driving games on brick games. So fun for maybe a few minutes. I think it had a breakout game but I might be confused with something else. At any rate there's a first gen game with breakout although that's arguably pong like.
But a reminder that I never said any of these were good or fun or worth getting aside from collecting. Just that they're not pong.
If you want le hipster cred of owning a first gen console get some random pong shit. If you want to play blocky old games on muh original hardware get a 7800.
>>
>>3819000
I mentioned the driving games and others in my second post.
>>
>>3819445
The rest of the world doesn't see that. Seriously dude it's not there. I think 4chan has become self aware and is fucking with you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.