[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a great game. Sure, it's not SoM but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Secret_of_Evermore.jpg (46KB, 256x186px) Image search: [Google]
Secret_of_Evermore.jpg
46KB, 256x186px
This is a great game. Sure, it's not SoM but I don't really get the bitching about this one. If you want more SoM go play Seiken Densetsu 3 but stop whining about this underrated gem.

Show this game some support!
>>
I tried to play Secret of Mana but the way the camera is positioned is really annoying, you will only know that there's an enemy ahead when you already got hit by them.

Legend of Mana is good.
>>
>>3817254

Personally I enjoy SoE even more than SoM, it has a better replay value today. SoM is still a classic but i find it hasn't aged to well, there isn't enough substance to get me to play through the whole game nowadays...

Not running to play Soe either, but if I had to choose right with a gun to my head now I'd go for SoE, the cheesy plot and the doggy make the game
>>
>>3817278
>you will only know that there's an enemy ahead when you already got hit by them.
Sounds like someone needs to git gud
>>
>>3817254
My nigga. I didn't like Mana but I love Evermore.
>>
I got this game for $5 cause i couldnt afford secret of mana. I still like this game more
>>
>>3817414
The player should not be denied information that the character would have.
>>
>>3817521
>>3817403
Look at these special snowflakes
>>3817707
>I got this game for $5 cause I couldn't afford secret of mana
Speaks volumes really.
>>
>>3817254
Squaresoft USAs pathetic attempt at doing a mana game.
>>
>>3817749
>Not liking SoM makes you a special snowflake
Terrible strawman, kid.
>>
>>3817254
SoE is one of my favorite games. To think that I only own it because my aunt picked up the wrong game.

The soundtrack and aesthetics come together to make what I think is one of the most atmospheric games on the SNES. IMO its only fault is its too short and a little on the linear. There's nothing to do outside of the main story aside from collecting some useless spells. The balance is also a bit off.

I enjoyed it a lot more than SoM and SD3 if I'm being honest.
>>
File: salabog.jpg (40KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
salabog.jpg
40KB, 800x600px
Secret of Mana is a good game, but it's too "anime".

Secret of Evermore is a simple boy and his dog tale, and is for real men that like Mad Max.
>>
Whats the story of why this is so similar to mana, but not mana?
>>
>>3818167

Square made it as a sequel for the western market because they thought Seiken Densetsu 3 was too japanese.
>>
>>3818174
That's bullshit. Secret of Mana was even more Japanese than SD3

What they didn't want to do was not only pay for the huge translation effort, the western themed marketing but also the huge ass cartridges necessary to hold the game.
>>
>>3818180

Sure. Making a whole new game instead must have been so much less expensive, muh nigga. :rolleyes:
>>
>>3818192
Secret of Evermore has two playable characters

Seiken Detsetsu has 6 - and multiple stories that need to be translated. Not to mention all the mechanics and multiple classes

Jeremy Soule was just out of school when he was hired to do the soundtrack - which was amazing - but thats how low budget the game was.
>>
>>3818180
Why are you still perptuating that shitty false story? SoE was NOT developed or released in place of SD3 because "reasons"
>>
>>3818163
Never played SoE but this looks like a shameless ripoff of SoM
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.