[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this normal for a gameboy screen? I don't remember it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2463.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2463.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is this normal for a gameboy screen? I don't remember it ever being this hard to see 20 years ago. This is with the contrast slider right about in the middle.
>>
Fairly typical might be a little sun damaged and your batteries are also clearly low.
>>
>>3815717
Looks true to my experience, especially the OG Gameboy. The Pocket has a slightly better screen, and the Color's screen is a quantum leap better than the Pocket. But for best results, I suggest using a GBA SP, which is the best.
I was on a Gameboy Camera kick a while back, and I quickly realized that adjusting the in-game contrast while adjusting the hardware contrast was a huge pain and made photos really hard to take.
Pic related is a scanner's view of a Pocket's screen.
>>
DMG screens are all slowly dying.
>>
Here's another one, just for fun. You can probably tell that these pixel dense images end up muddy on the Pocket's screen. There's a reason so many early Gameboy games had all that empty white space in the background.
>>
File: pepe gameboy poor visibility.jpg (60KB, 848x636px) Image search: [Google]
pepe gameboy poor visibility.jpg
60KB, 848x636px
>>3815717
Gotta make a /vr/-approved shader for this
>>
>>3815717
Backlight and Bivert mod, my man.
>>
>>3815717
I usually keep the contrast slider in the upper 3rd.
>>
Is there no fucking way to have it all with portable gameboy/gameboy advance?

i have an original gba with that backlit screen from the later gba sp's. but the thing ghosts like a bitch

and frontlit screens absolutely awful. the default gba screen and gbc screen are fantastic with regards to motion blur, but the screens are so fucking hard to see without the backlight
>>
>>3815717
seems about right to me.
>>
>>3816556
The ghosting isn't that bad on the later SP. Stop being such a bitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 300x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 300x342px
>>3815717
Correct me if I'm wrong but the ink based screens the NGB used wear out over time become blurrier and lighter. The only fix is a screen replacement.
>>
>>3816962
>Correct me if I'm wrong
>ink based screens
Your wrong. What a dingus.
>>
File: MILLER_TIME.png (662KB, 1125x1078px) Image search: [Google]
MILLER_TIME.png
662KB, 1125x1078px
>>3815765
It's even worse if you try and scan shit from the printer, pic related. Capturing via Super Game Boy seems to be the easiest method, without using flashcarts or serial interfaces anyway.
>>
>>3816962
I fucking hate that video.

The DMG uses a LCD, no ink.
The only screens that use ink are E-Ink screens, like on the Nook.
>>
File: 1402543673698.png (836KB, 1113x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402543673698.png
836KB, 1113x1080px
>>3815778
There already is one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.