[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jesus christ im blind with rage. i hate this fucking piece i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6608.jpg (130KB, 640x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6608.jpg
130KB, 640x975px
jesus christ im blind with rage. i hate this fucking piece if shit.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/meet-the-guy-selling-artisanal-snes-and-nes-games-on-etsy
>>
>>3813269
>selling repros
>selling romhacks repros

Some people have really no shame. Fucking both the devs/publishers and the fans of the games. That's like asking to be hated by everyone.
>>
>>3813272
I don't want to defend him, but if people are happy with buying repros, customers have problems as well.
>>
File: TK1QPmY.jpg (87KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
TK1QPmY.jpg
87KB, 639x639px
>"Artisanal" SNES and NES
>"there's also artistry"
>selling someone else's romhacks and translations for profit
>people pay for this shit
>some fucking e-journalist thinks that this IS FUCKING WORTH WRITING A GODDAMN ARTICLE ABOUT

BARFING GOES IN EVERY BARFING FIELD
>>
He's giving people what they want, if don't like them then don't buy them.
>>
>>3813269
How autistic are you?
>>
>>3813272
How's he fucking anyone?
>>
>>3813269
>meet the guy Nintendo is sending a C&D to
>>
At least he's not cannibalizing anything.
>>
doesnt surprise me
the who retro game "industry" is a huge rip off
every game worth playing is 200 plus with some sellers expecting 50 for postage. add the box which is a extra 100. there 50 copies all wanting the same insane price
fuck resellers
>>
>Meet the Guy Selling Cheap Repros of Physical Games People Want to Own
Oh no, what an evil man.
>>
>>3813415
>"it's s-supply and demand!!!!!"
>>
>>3813306
>destroy original cart
>download ROM illegally
>patch it with a ROM hack made by someone else
>burn the ROM to a chip
>put the chip in the """""""donor""""""" cart
>sell it to normies

can't whine though, such is life in a capitalist world
>>
>>3813507
He's clearly not using donor carts, no one is loosing cash from him selling a 20 year old bootleg port of Sonic for the NES. Anyone buying rom hacks knows what they're buying.
>>
>>3813628
What's the alternative? He surely isn't making new pcbs
>>
>>3813727
You can buy them for game boy and nes, not sure about snes but it seems likely.
>>
>>3813748
I dunno man. Seems like something so niche that no one would even want to do them
>>
>>3813292
This picture fascinates me. On the one hand they had the pad down thinking it would just be a small contained mess, but on the other you've got a person with a camera ready and standing at a far enough distance away to capture the massive stream that is coming forth, as if they knew it would happen. It's paradoxical.
>>
ARTISANAL ORGANIC ACTIVATED EPROMS
>>
>people defending selling romhacks

what happened to you /vr/?
>>
File: 1487345320092-image00.jpeg.jpg (83KB, 749x693px) Image search: [Google]
1487345320092-image00.jpeg.jpg
83KB, 749x693px
>>3813727
>>
>"I have not been in any legal trouble as of yet, however, it most likely is crossing many copyright laws," Jacobson said.

inb4 C&D because of this article
>>
>>3813854
http://www.real-fix.com/animals/this-is-why-you-should-never-leave-your-dogs-alone-with-chocolate/
>>
>>3814032

I don't think anyone's actually defending it
>>
>Chocolate contains Theobromine, a stimulant that is poisonous to dogs and can cause fatal.
>>
>>3814160
Theobromine is actually poisonous to humans as well but it takes a lot of it to do anything and usually people just vomit it all up when they eat too much. Theobromine is very similar to caffeine but it's less potent. Caffeine is extremely dangerous for animals in general especially dogs and cats.
>>
>>3813727
Of course not, he buys them.

>>3813845
http://www.retrostage.net

You seem to have strong oppinions for something you know so little about. If you bothered to actully glance at the article before spouting off about it you'd see pics of the PCBs he uses, and if you ever open up a cartridge you'll notice the official boards look different to the ones he's using.

Infact if you've ever even seen some official cartridges you'd notice they don't come in the colours shown in OP's pic.
>>
>>3814032
Some people want physical copies of rom hacks, I don't understand it myself but I don't see a problem with it.
>>
>>3814278
It's for the emulation-phobics and hardware fetishists.

They're two separate things, but there's a lot of overlap.
>>
>>3814163
Also, we can metabolize caffeine or theobromine.
Cats and dogs can't.
>>
Chocolate sucks dick anyway. I don't understand how people can eat that garbage.
>>
>>3813269
HIPSTERS!

THE ULTIMATE RETRO CANCER!
>>
>>3814041
What a slob.
>>
>>3813269
>artisanal
That's a typo isn't it, not a native speaker and can't be bothered to check.
>>
>>3813306
>How's he fucking anyone?
He's fucking the translation teams.
How? Let's say you buy a repro of Dragon Quest V. At the beginning it has a intro screen from <x> Fan translation team. Now that's cool and all but let's change the scenario up a bit.
Let's say someone at SquareEnix finds this repro cart.
They, legally, need to threaten legal action to protect their copyright. So they find information on the fan translation team and have their legal team send a letter their way.
For something they did not distribute (I don't care what some idiots say, text difference files of the script are not legally copyright claimable by the original creator)
I've been involved in quite a few translations, and had cease and desists sent my way over a repro cart.

Then there's the whole profiting off of the hundreds, if not thousands of hours of combined man hours of others, against their wishes.

But sure, these idiots doing this has no negatives.
>>
>>3814269
Funny... just last year i bought half a dozen PCB,s from Mort Of Games, some burned chips from another guy i met on some forum and built myself nice repros, Erthbound, Castlevania X, Demons Crest, Sunset Riders, Chronno Trigger and iron Commando.

The ones in your link look different and also cheaper... might be ordering some in the next few weeks, anyone has any feedback on that website? is it reliable? are they based in the US?
>>
More like artisANAL ammirite?
>>
>>3813409
the article cleary states he may reuse parts in addition to new reproduction parts

so, yes, he is destroying original games to make his bootleg trash

>" He either uses motherboards pulled and repurposed from old games or (more expensively) brand-new ones custom-made for the purpose, using a soldering iron to place the EPROM chips containing the games themselves."

There's no ambiguity there, clearly states he does both.
>>
>>3815047
If it's not enforcable then where's the harm done?

As for it being against the wishes of the creator, did the rom hackers care about the wishes of the original creators of the games?

Him profiting from these sales only harns the creators of the hacks if they're also selling them and he's cutting into their business. In that case they have a valid complaint.
>>
>>3813425
>cheap
That nigga prolly charging at least 40$ a pop
>>
>>3815163
Oh noes, he destroyed some shitty sports games you couldn't give away.
>>
>>3815009
It's the correct spelling.
I remember the joke that went
>Artisanal cheese
>Artis anal cheese
>Art is anal cheese
>>
>>3815047
don't some people add a "if you were sold this, you got ripped off" disclaimer?
>>
>>3813269
Does it trigger you that some folks want colorful cases ala Famicom and are willing to pay someone to make it rather than collect 200 dollar plastic boxes of grey sadness?
>>
Whats artisinal about them? They just look like repros in various colored cartridges
>>
>>3815852
I've seen lots of art that looks worse than anal cheese
>>
>>3813269
>reinjecting the market with stylized repros

Quite commendable.

Too bad though that this kind of thing never happens with retro computer gear.
>>
>>3813269
>vice
Yeah I'm not surprised at this "journalist".
>>
>>3815163
Fuck that shit then!

Another hipster poser!
>>
>>3815163
>or (more expensively) brand-new ones custom-made for the purpose
Those are due to come down in price, so, meh.
>>
>>3813269
Punch the Nazi Selling Neon Repros
>>
>>3813305
autisanal
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.