[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any interest in a complete FFVII soundtrack remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: wallpaper_cloud_2048x1536.jpg (582KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_cloud_2048x1536.jpg
582KB, 2048x1536px
Is there any interest in a complete FFVII soundtrack remake that's compatible with the PC version of the game? I've started working on one. Just trying to sit all the instruments in Prelude in one mix right now. The strings like to fight with the woodwinds a lot.

http://picosong.com/GL2N/
>>
>>3812745
Better off posting that on qhimm.com, they like FF7 mods, including music mods.
>>
>>3812747
Thanks!

Most of the stuff there is 100% synth! Awesome that I'm gonna be the first with a lot of live instruments
>>
In case anyone else here might like this though.
>>
>>3812745
I had a friend who played the PC port of FFVII when it came out. He bought a new soundcard just for it and even still the midi tracks didn't sound anywhere near as good as the PS version's music.

This could be interesting.
>>
>>3813587

Some songs are pretty hit and miss with the sound card.

I really like how this one sounds, though.

www.mediafire.com/file/dv6vtxt2mmzqsbq/
>>
>>3812745
Very pretty! Nice work!
I would definitely like to hear some more.
>>
>>3813643
I'm not downloading that. Just tell me what track it is.
>>
>>3813670

You DO know how file hosting websites work, right? You don't have to download it to find out.
>>
>>3812745
Nice work OP, I like both of the tracks you posted so far. I'd definitely be interested in hearing the whole thing when and if you finish it.
>>
>>3813807
I only posted one!
>>
>>3813664
Thanks! There are a lot of FFVII soundtrack remakes out there but they all focus on the SOUND of the tracks and not the FEELING and INTENT. It's a video game soundtrack. It doesn't matter if it sounds like the original if it doesn't FEEL like the original.
>>
>>3812745
i like it

/r/ fanfare
>>
>>3814153
Hmm...
>>
i really hope there is some pc mod to use the original menu sounds as well
>>
>>3814114
Oh yeah, right. Well I dig the one you did post.
>>
>>3813587
I still don't understand why PC ports of ps1 games didnt just use the same soundtrack.
>>
>>3812745
Best I've heard. Keep going.

I'm definitely a bit premature here, but you may be an excellent asset. Will it be possible for you to be contacted as you progress?

As you go, make sure to keep the reverb in check, the small chamber feel, the dynamic pans, keep it sounding in-your-face.
>>3814143
>It doesn't matter if it sounds like the original if it doesn't FEEL like the original.
So far it sounds like you get it. I'm always surprised by how many don't.
>>
>>3814632
>>3814632
>make sure to keep the reverb in check, the small chamber feel, the dynamic pans, keep it sounding in-your-face.

Naturally! The FFVII soundtrack isn't symphonic, it's orchestral rock. Even though it only rarely uses standard rock instruments, that doesn't make it a symphonic soundtrack. Orchestral rock is mixed differently, and I intend to mix it like orchestral rock.

I've been poring over uematsu's interviews, composition notes, etc for over a year now, figuring out exactly what he intended with every song. It's why I used solo woodwinds in prelude instead of sections. You can hear just the woodwind stems here:
http://picosong.com/GVm9
to see what this contributes to the feeling of the mix
>>
>>3814687
and yeah, i know i haven't added natural breathing points yet. Next will be that. Or lives.
>>
>>3814632
yeah! I can be reached at [email protected]
>>
>>3812745
This already sounds amazing. You actually understand how the instruments are supposed to translate. I still can't believe how all other people on the internet pick stupid shit that sound nothing like the originals.
>>
>>3815069
I had a lot of fun making the waveform for the arpeggio. It's custom!
>>
File: tumblr_myykxzyJyn1qdnmrio1_500.gif (488KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myykxzyJyn1qdnmrio1_500.gif
488KB, 500x229px
>>3814153
On this one now, currently mixing the synths, samples and recordings. Having a bit of trouble getting the synth to sit in the mix.

http://picosong.com/Gj5N/

I'm sticking to small instrument sections--chamber or smaller. It really adds to the dynamics when you don't have tons of instruments with time differences blurring together in a big echoy room. Still deciding what amount of reverb I want (if any) or if the recording reverb is enough. The sustain strings at the end are placeholder.
>>
>>3816074
Any criticisms on this?
>>
>>3816264
I like it, it's great overall, but there a small issue at the very beginning during those 3 trumpet blasts.
I'm not too familiar with music terms so I'm probably gonna describe this poorly, but the 3 rapid trumpets that go off at the start of the fanfare are very abrupt.
They just cut off instead of fading/connecting into the trumpets that hold their notes.
>>
>>3816347
That's how they sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

They're called staccatisimo notes, and they're normal for the style of the piece
>>
>>3816360
wow I guess my memory was fuzzy then.
Good job on the piece then, it sounds perfecto.
>>
>>3812745
There already was a patch for the old PC release, which sadly doesn't work with the Steam re-release, but maybe someone could get in touch with the original devs? http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/ff7-music-patch/
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.