[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the pinnacle of the Capcom VS games? Last time I mentioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Xmen.png (75KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Xmen.png
75KB, 400x300px
Was this the pinnacle of the Capcom VS games? Last time I mentioned CVS2, I was told NOT RETRO.
>>
>>3812526
MvC2 is the best just because of how crazy it can get.
>>
>>3812526
XvsSF was too broken to be worth calling a game. Everyone had some infinite move, Magneto had 2 hit infinite moves, Zangief did 50% damage in one throw, etc.
>>
>>3812526
of course cvs2 is retro. mvc2 is usually recognized as the best and most enduring of the vs series though.
>>
>>3812526
NAOMI came out before 2000. Therefore all games for it belong on this board. This includes CvS1-2 and MvS2.

As for the games, MvS is hate it or love it kind of game. It basically has a ton of cool features and combos, but is broken as fuck. I can't play it because I don't fucking understand what's happening onscreen sometimes.
>>
>>3812526
I hate to go with the default, but MvC2 is the most popular for a reason.

All of them are cool in their own ways, though. I still play each one semi-regularly
>>
CvS2 came out on DC and it was solid, but MSHvSF has a special place in my heart. That or the first MvC.
>>
>>3812549
>>3812562
>>3812605
I agree with this
I generally feel that MvC2 is the best way to get people into fighting games because even at a casual level it's a very smooth and responsive game. And then after a while people really start to appreciate all the broken shit.
>>
>>3812526
CvS2
>>
>>3812526
personally i think after x-men vs SF the vs stuff got really lame with its recycled sprites.
>>
>>3812897
No, SF2 is the best because it teaches the basics (footsies)

MvC2 is a bad way to learn fighting games.

Also MvC is a better game than MvC2 imo
>>
>>3812549

I want to like MvC2, but something about it just seems so... cheap. I haven't played it in a long time, but the backgrounds and text are so generic looking. The whole graphical presentation just looks like a fangame. A real shame since the predecessor had awesome graphics.
>>
I really love msh. I play it all the time. Just really gets me going.
>>
>>3812554
All Capcom's vs games were broken messes.
>>
>>3813256
Eh, even MvC1 was a step down from stuff like Darkstalkers and CotA. They hit the limits of the CPS2 really early on, and had to start making sacrifices in animation frame counts and such in subsequent games.
>>
>>3813895

My CPS2 experience in the Marvel/VS series is somewhat limited, so I'll take your word for it.

I also don't understand why they decided that MvC2 needed cheesy lounge jazz for the music, but I digress.
>>
File: Character+Select+Screen[1].png (2MB, 1161x740px) Image search: [Google]
Character+Select+Screen[1].png
2MB, 1161x740px
>>3812526
My money's on CVS2
MvC2 is a very fun game but its still broken as balls. CVS2 is far from perfect but there's more footsies and neutral game, as well as the groove system allowing your general fighting game friends to "play their game." Plus I personally just really like the feel of the cvs2 engine.
>>
File: 5008_front.jpg (91KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
5008_front.jpg
91KB, 640x632px
My mind says MvC1, but my heart says MvC2.
>>
>>3812549
if MVC2 is retro then CVS2 is retro. Both were NAOMI/Dreamcast
>>
mvc2 is somewhat the best but I like xvsf a lot more. maybe I was tired of the series when mvc2 came out
>>
>>3814232
2 offered more, but 1 had the better presentation

presentation-wise, 2 was a headache-inducing mess. It was headache-inducingly garish and toneally monotonous.
>>
>>3813540
Not as much as XvsSF was. You could juggle even dead bodies infinitely in that game.
>>
Street Fighter original arcade was fucking massive, it had crowds round the machine. I was 12 or 13. All the serious arcade gamers played it and battled each other. Street Fighter II was much bigger, easily playable and literally everyone played it. The best version for me was arguably Turbo. The original SF team made Fatal Fury for the NeoGeo, it's awesome. Since then the only Capcom fighter that people really talked about was X-Men vs. Street Fighter. Personally I'm a fan of the Alpha series, especially 2.

SNK kept coming out with amazing fighters throughout this time. Too many to mention but, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters 94/95 and the Samurai Showdowns are worth a mention.

>That's a Northern English perspective.

I'll mention that there was massive hype within the gamer community when SFII was released on the SNES. History has kind of forgotten, but that was the first time most of us could play this game at home which we'd spent loads of money on in the arcade. And it luckily it played well.
>>
>>3812526
ranking

1. Capcom vs snk 2
2. marvel vs Capcom 2
3. marvel vs street fighter
4. x-men vs street fighter
5. marvel vs. Capcom 1
>>
>>3815524
You're close m8

>CvS2
>MvC2
>SvC
>XvSF
>MvSF
>>
>>3815534
I preferred marvel over xmen because Cyclops was more fun to use and blackheart is a fav character of mine.
>>
>>3812646
>patrician taste
The post.
>>
>>3813221
MvC1 is just as broken as MvC2.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.