[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bored so i downloaded an amiga emulator and some games. so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: amiga.jpg (43KB, 358x388px) Image search: [Google]
amiga.jpg
43KB, 358x388px
bored so i downloaded an amiga emulator and some games. so far they all suck, in my opinion. any good amiga games?
>>
Chunder Force
Chazzwazzer
>>
File: babypossum.jpg (48KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
babypossum.jpg
48KB, 736x552px
>>3812328
i've been deceived?
>>
>>3812325
The secret of most Amiga games is that 95% of them suck, and the 5% that were good almost all got DOS ports (like Lemmings for example).

I say this as someone who had an Amiga 500 as a kid. Shit sucked. Euros don't know how to make a good platformer to save their lives with only a few exceptions (Turrican). That said, they do know how to make good RPGs, but all the worth while ones also had DOS versions, so that is not really a wining point either.

Its a neat system for it's GUI capabilities at the time and Video Toster, but thats it.
>>
>>3812376
downloading a dosbox+games torrent right now.
>>
>>3812376
While this is true, you should try the Psygnosis (published and or developed) Team17 games and Wolfchild
>>
>>3812426
i already have wolfchild on snes. is amiga version any different?
>>
>>3812325

Cinemaware games were the "spirit", the "zeitgeist" of Amiga.

Also try every game where Chris Hülsbeck worked.

>Also I'm not anglophone and I don't know if "where" is OK is correct in this context.
>>
>>3812376
>the 5% that were good almost all got inferior DOS ports
Fixed that for you m80.
>>
Don't know why I'm bothering to post this during peak BurgerTime since it's already devolved in to shit flinging, but: There're still a bunch of games that're well worth playing if you sift through all of the crap, even if you don't have any real affection or nostalgia for the system itself.

While some got PC ports this is stuff that's still best played on the Amiga:
Cannon Fodder
Speedball 2
Chaos Engine
Alien Breed series - Special Edition 92 and Tower Assault being the highlights
Guardian
Banshee
Sensible Soccer/Sensible World of Soccer
Hired Guns
Stardust/Super Stardust
Rod-Land
Lemmings
Cinemare's stuff - Particularly 'Wings' and 'It Came From the Desert'
D/Generation (AGA version)
SWIV
Exile
IK+
Turrican 2 - Some rate it, I don't feel like it holds up. But that fucking music tho.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that showed the system off and could be worth a look while being more-or-less unplayable, but for now I'll stick to stuff that's actually worth playing.

From the early 90s there's also a mountain of stuff that's (either arguably or objectively) better played on PC too: Some of Bullfrog's output, Delphine's stuff, Civ, Xcom, Dune, the Lucasarts/Lucasfilms titles, Elite 2, etc.
>>
yo joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmpsMRXpi5A
soccerkid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0-NOeYZkAk
>>
>>3812328
You mean amstrad ya flid
>>
>>3812328
Yeah this. What's up with most games only having one action button?
>>
>>3812325
Amiga games are 90% poor to average arcade ports. Even many Amiga originals like sotb are bad. Try some bitmap bros games. Crystal hammer was one of the better of the >9000 arkanoid clones.

>>3812376
It was a great development environment for other 68k platforms.
>>
>>3812325
ProTracker
AHX
TigerCub

Amigas are for making music asshole
>>
File: file.png (138KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
138KB, 250x250px
BENEFACTOR! Made by DICE when they were still good
>>
I'm getting a software error when playing Shadow of the Beast, happens at the well.

What do?
>>
>>3813090
Thank it for saving you from playing a shit game?
>>
I remember that I used to play Body Blows and that game that you fact and bounce on your balls. Nothing else was particularly memorable
>>
>>3812456
Well it's the original version, music is different and the first boss fight is slightly different in how he approaches you
>>
>>3812595
>Cinemare's stuff
It's not about a fucking horse, anon.
Cinemaware is the name and great games is their... game.
>>
Golden Axe
Turrican 2
Walker
Persian Gulf Inferno
Shufflepuck Café
Megaball
Street Rod I+II
Techno Cop
Blues Brothers
Lemmings
Battle Squadron
Pirates!
Wanted
Menace
Budokan
Wings of Fury
Pac-Mania
Super Frog
Civilization
Populous
Another World/Out of this World
>>
I'm a stupid pleb what's the load command???

> Sadly a serious question....
>>
>>3813513
Assumng you're emulating with WinUAE and just using ADF floppy images: There isn't one. Put the first disk in the internal drive (df0:) and wait.

If you've got *.IPF format disk images you'll need the plugin here, then it's the sma:
http://www.softpres.org/download#ipf_support_library

If you're using files designed to be HD installed and used with WHDLoad it's slightly more complicated. Best bet is to look at https://fs-uae.net/ but it's a little beyond the scope of a /vr/ post.
>>
>>3813581
>the sma:
The same. THE SAME.
>>
>>3812325
Jim Power in Mutant Planet, definitely worth a try. Speedball 2, Chaos Engine and Alien Breed are cool too.
X-out and Z-out are fine shmups, and the R Type port is an interesting game (if you like R Type).
But definitely, you have to play some Pang.
>>
Exile
>>
lotus ultimate challenge
>>
Check out Ishar 1-3, Dungeon Master with Chaos Strikes Back, the Amiga Gold Box games, and Fate: Gates of Dawn.
>>
>>3812595
/vr/ is the only place I've seen where people shittalk the Amiga for some of the most retarded reasons.
>>
>>3814654
You and I both know why that is.
>>
File: good amiga games.jpg (132KB, 640x1439px) Image search: [Google]
good amiga games.jpg
132KB, 640x1439px
>>3812325
>>
File: australia.png (59KB, 361x333px) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
59KB, 361x333px
>>3814683
>>
>>3814654
how are those reasons retarded? Amiga is a very strong computer but there just isn't a lot that makes good use of it
>>
>>3814714
>there just isn't a lot that makes good use of it
There is some truth in this. Blame the ST and lazy devs that targeted the lesser (get at me Atarifags) platform then knocked out an untouched port.

Still, there are plenty of games that do incredible things with what is basically mid-80s hardware, many of which are already listed in this thread.
>>
>tfw no james pond 2 mentioned
>>
File: exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg (108KB, 800x957px) Image search: [Google]
exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg
108KB, 800x957px
>>3812325
Do not miss out.
>>
>>3815283
That's because it's crap, mate. Like just about all Amiga platformers that aren't Rainbow Islands.
>>
>>3815478
Lionheart
Unreal
>>
>>3813068
>Amigas are for making music asshole
Naah the ST's better at that -- any used Akai S1000+ sampler can do better than the Amiga when it comes to musical stuff.
>>
>>3812325
Kek
>>
>>3813068
>Amigas are for making music asshole
Genesiss are making asshole music
>>
>>3815609
Lionheart is worth loading up just to see the animation on the player sprite. Hilarious. Gayest walk-cycle in gaming, guaranteed.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.