[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a guy who had 10 arcade cabinets outside his house so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 20170205_125948.jpg (1MB, 1498x2617px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_125948.jpg
1MB, 1498x2617px
I found a guy who had 10 arcade cabinets outside his house so I stopped by and asked if he wanted to sell them. He said he would but wanted $1k and only 1 was working right. I told him I'd give hm $500 cash if he loaded them up on a trailer and brought them to my house and he agreed.

The working one was the cabinet in the pic, Area 51 Site 4.

The rest were:
Mortal Kombat 2 (x2)
Area 51
Samurai Showdown
Lethal Enforcers
Tekken
Zombie Raid
Maximum Force
Maximum Hangtime.

I got both MK2 working and the Tekken.
>>
Why are you telling me this?
>>
>>3810703

I don't know, guess I just wanted to share.
>>
What are you going to do with the rest of them?
>>
MK2 in good working order is worth some decent money and the Sam Shodown cabinet is an MVS system that can easily take other Neo Geo Games.
>>
>>3810713

I am trying to work on them one at a time but the rest I can't figure out I may sell/give to someone for a challenge or just parts.
>>
>>3810695
I'm jealous. I've only ever found one arcade machine in the wild. I was at an antique markent and found a working MK3 cab for $250. I wanted to buy it, but I didn't know how I would get it home. The only other arcade related stuff I've come across was like 20 or so marquees at a flea market. I think I bought the lot for $40. I was going to clean them up, but I got lazy.
>>
>>3810717

One of the MK2 has it's top speaker and marquee light out but I haven't checked on it yet so it may just be a connection or fuse.

The other MK2 workes fine but needs some work on the cabinet and a few buttons stick.

The Samurai Showdown powers up but the image is all messed up. I haven't tackled that one yet, it's next on my list after I get Tekken finished up. I got Tekken to come on and run but it's going to need a few new buttons.

There was also 2 claw machines which still had a bunch of toys in them. They all had 1997 on them so they'd been in storage for a while.

One claw machine may be salvageable but the other cabinet is too far gone. The claw still operates though.
>>
>>3810739

Yeah, I felt lucky with this find. I had been looking for a chap one for a while to start a MAME cabinet project. I could never find anything outside of Craigslist and Ebay and that was too much for a project.

I spent $500 on all these so I could probably get my money back easily on parts or just one of the Mortal Kombat 2.
>>
Good haul.
>>3810703
It's almost like this is some kind of forum(!) to discuss topics with similar minded people
>>
File: 20170204_144433.jpg (3MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_144433.jpg
3MB, 3984x2241px
I hope to get Lethal Enforcers working, I use to love that game. The guns and stuff are inside so they are there.

I haven't got to that Area 51 yet but I am thinking of using that cabinet for a MAME cabinet if it doesn't work.
>>
>>3810695
Nice haul, man. That's pretty great. Hope you can get them working.
>>
>>3810754
What would you put in the crane game if you had a choice? ... which you do.
>>
>>3810754
>Hey Jerry, I got myself one of those crane games! Now I can always be a winner!
>>
File: 20170204_144449.jpg (2MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_144449.jpg
2MB, 3984x2241px
The MK2 was transplanted into this cabinet, which sucks, so that's why the screen is small. I believe it was some sort of 80s baseball game.

I finally got that Tekken running but need ot clean it up.

That far one is Samurai Showdown. I am not too familiar with the Neo Geo stuff but when I opened it up everything looked clean. The screen turns on but it's all washed out with some random shapes at the bottom. The enitre screen produces light. There was no documentation with this one so I am going to look for a .pdf online to see about adjusting the monitor.

I really want to get this game running, I liked SS better than the other fights at the time (SF2, MK, World Heroes).
>>
>>3810760
I was thinking about filling it with toys and giving the kids a certain amount of tries if they do good at school at the end of the week.
>>
>>3810695
I like her dual wielding technique, anon, aliens don't stand a chance.
>>
>>3810759
Thanks. My kids 6yr and 4yr would probably never get to experience old arcade games if I didn't grab these up. It's fun to work on them together too.
>>
>>3810769
Dual wield is the way to go. With unlimited ammo and free play turned on for her she can just have at it.
>>
I'm curious, did you tell her to grab both pistols or did she do that on her own?
>>
>>3810703
When did a forums content become specifically for the royal "you", fuck off you insignificant dildo.
>>
>>3810703
He wants us to praise him for getting a good deal by heavily undercutting the asking price
>>
>>3810767
>The screen turns on but it's all washed out with some random shapes at the bottom. The enitre screen produces light.
Sounds like something might be up with how it connects to the display, best you could hope for is that all you need to do is replace a shit wire.
>>
I can't think of anything more awesome to have in your living room than a clean arcade cabinet. The game itself almost doesn't matter.
>>
>>3811236
she did it on her own.
>>
>>3811448
No I don't, I just wanted to share a good deal I got and possibly start a discussion related to good deals found or general arcade cabinets.
>>
>>3811462

I found a Tokyo Wars for sale for $1500 once, it was a two seater but unfortunately it was 1000+ miles away. I'd love to have one of those.

I would also like to get one of those sit down ones which is enclosed. They made a Jurassic Park one. It had curtains to close once you got in.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.