[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struggling to load up Sega CD roms without .cue files on my mac,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Struggling to load up Sega CD roms without .cue files on my mac, still new to this, any help?
>>
Look up for rips that have bins and cues. It may look like a hassle, but trust me, bins and cues are the "best" way to emulate CD-based systems. ISOs may look better to the uninformed, but create a lot of problems.
>>
>>3808868
isos will usually not have the redbook or cd audio. I don't know if .cue files store the data about the cd track locations or not...
>>
>>3808868
Yea that's what I'm thinking, still looking for a Popful Mail one. Thanks!
>>
>>3808847
I really wish working designs didn't fuck up the dificulty in popful mail
>>
>>3808874
>>3808875
The problem with CD-based systems (PSX, Saturn, Sega CD) is that they use an hybrid mode to put both data and video/audio streams on the same media. That way, you need a ripping format that can store track data, which ISO doesn't (not natively, and ISO isn't really a format, but a container). That's where .bins and .cues come to your rescue.

Some ripping formats like .mdf/.mds and .ccd also store track data. IIRC, that's why you'll find a lot of early PSX dumps as .ccd files, because CloneCD was the program everyone used back then to backup PSX games.
>>
>611x368

I'm literally shaking right now
>>
Is the vita a decent system for emulating the Sega CD?
>>
>>3808879
>I really wish working designs didn't fuck up the dificulty in popful mail
I second this.
>>
>>3810085
?
>>
File: wa.png (48KB, 1006x576px) Image search: [Google]
wa.png
48KB, 1006x576px
>>3810085
here senpai
>>
>>3808847
Edgeemu has good SCD dumps, at least for the WD games. They're in IMG/CUE/CCD.

Also, check out the unworked designs project on rhdn potentially, if you're interested in the games they localized.
>>
File: 611x368_2.png (2MB, 2012x1152px) Image search: [Google]
611x368_2.png
2MB, 2012x1152px
>>3810085
>>
File: deeper.gif (3MB, 5030x2880px) Image search: [Google]
deeper.gif
3MB, 5030x2880px
>>3810085
>>
>>3811080
just checked out edgeemu, thanks!
>>
>>3808879
There's a patch that fixes that.
>>
>>3808847

What game is that in the OP?
>>
>>3811949
The first thing that comes up if you do a reverse search with google.
>>
just a heads up, iso+mp3 will desync for sega cd games. Emulators may run them somewhat fine, but on real hardware iso+mp3 will fuck up half the time.

>>3808881
>ISO isn't really a format, but a container

ISO is a standardized format for a ISO9660 filesystem, which is technically both a format and a container.

But then, bin/cue is a container too, it contains a raw sector dump of a disc, with the cue sheet specifying the TOC and partial pregap data. It's less of a format however, since it has no standardization, and it can contain anything really - a standard iso9660 2048 sector track, a raw 2352 sector equivalent (iso+ecc), a 2448 sector track (raw + subcode), or 2048 data track + raw audio, or raw data track + raw audio, it can store pregap or just skip them (the cuesheet has a pregap command which just says "emulate 2 sec empty space here), etc etc.

bincue is an awful format, but emu babies never got anything else so they are praising it to all hell.
>>
>>3808847
>roms
You don't need a cue to load the SCD BIOS which is the only rom there is. Maybe start by telling us what you're actually trying to do.

>>3808874
They do
>>
>>3808847
wtf is wrong her her butt. its like one big cheek
>>
>>3812472
Meant to say ISO and not rom. Sorry about that confusion.
>>
>>3812472
I seem to have got it working for most games, but Popful Mail will not load, I get stuck at the SEGA load screen, If I switch to the music player I can play the tracks but I just can't get to the game.
>>
>>3812560
Get a good image. edgeemu mentioned above has excellent M/SCD rips.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.