[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People were confused just because it wasn't linear like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: water temple.jpg (58KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
water temple.jpg
58KB, 728x546px
>People were confused just because it wasn't linear like the other dungeons

???
>>
No, underwater levels suck in 98% of video games.
>>
>>3808684
And waiting to sink / float just got annoying the first time doing a lot of exploration
>>
>>3808695
>being a "water levels are bad" meme faggot
>>
I had more trouble with the Fire Temple, don't know why.
>>
The Water Temple is linear in its progression, just not its layout.
>>
>>3808684

The game is made for children and you cant solve a simple puzzle. Pathetic.
>>
>>3808684
>Mazes are more difficult than linear dungeons, and thus more memorable

???
>>
>>3808702
>unironically thinking slow ass water levels are good
>>
Water Temple on OoT is somewhat confusing.. I guess its understandable why people get mad at it.

Thinking a little more on it most water levels on Zelda is annoying desu
>>
>>3808696
>waiting to sink / float

That wasn't the annoying part. The annoying part was having to menu to equip/unequip the iron boots. They got it right in later games by making the boots an assignable item so you didn't need to pause the game to manipulate them.
>>
Be water my friend
>>
>>3808723
Yup. First time I went after it I got disoriented just enough to miss a single room needed to advance. Been fine every time since.
>>
>>3808684
It's my fav dungeon.
>>
>>3808723

Objectively incorrect, because you can go out of sequence and get permanently stuck.
>>
>>3808695
The water stages in Mega Man are the best.
>>
>>3810751

NO YOU CAN'T

This meme needs to fucking die. It is quite literally impossible for the temple to be impossible to complete, stop spreading this garbage
>>
>>3808684

Thank goodness for that huge arrow or I would have had absolutely no idea where to look at.
>>
The Water Temple was confusing because of having to keep track of where the water level triggers were and how to get to them. 3DS remake made it much better in addition to making the Iron Boots a regular item.
>>
Played OoT for the first time last year and had absolutely no problems with this dungeon...
>>
File: 1477099083779.jpg (8KB, 231x219px) Image search: [Google]
1477099083779.jpg
8KB, 231x219px
>>3808684
Dude water temple lmao
>>
>>3808684
The water temple was originally received as frustrating. Having to change the water level and go into your menu every time you want to equip/unequip the boots makes the entire dungeon a chore.

As time went on, this frustration got reinterpreted as difficulty. Eventually, the difficulty of the water temple became an epic meme.
>>
>>3808684

No, I was 12 when Ocarina came out. I was able to understand complex concepts like returning to rooms I previously visited. Took me about an hour to finish this dungeon, unassisted the first time. Now it takes me around 10-20 minutes.
>>
>>3811258
Best explanation of the water temple meme right here
>>
>>3811258
It's got its fame as difficult because, besides of being tedious with the menu boot switching and the water level switching, it's also confusing, sort of complex if you're playing blind, isn't it the biggest temple in the game?. Plus it has the arguably hardest boss in the game (dark link).
>>
>>3811795
The boot switching was the worst.
>>
Jabu's Belly in OoA is harder than OoT Water Temple
>>
Try it on Master Quest, it is pretty difficult....
>>
>>3808684
I was a dumb kid and couldn't wait until I owned the game so I ruined the whole game for myself by renting it from blockbuster and getting as far as I could before I had to return it. I played with a walkthrough the whole time. I learned my lesson later on once I talked to people about their experience with this temple and had no such story of struggle to share myself.
>>
I played this game blind for the first time 2 or 3 years ago and there were only two dungeons I got stuck in to the point I caved and used an online guide: Forest Temple and Ganons tower (stupid ass gold gauntlets). The water temple definitely took a while but it wasn't at all the horrific ordeal I had been expecting. Didn't live up to the hype.
>>
There's still a myth about the dungeon not having enough keys so I must assume people are just too retarded to have found the key in the center room.
>>
>>3808804

You know, similar to how you'd remember you broke your arm 6 year ago but you can't remember what you had for breakfast last tuesday.
>>
Water temple was always known in my time as a being an annoying part of the game rather than hard due to the floating/dive mechanics and having to change boots every 3 second, somehow the meme change over time, probably because of normies, and became "omg very hard". Kind of like the train mission in GTASA, which every normie swear it's the "hardest mission ever!!!" rather than just a mission that you are likely to fail in your first run since you don't know how to position well.
>>
>I haven't been to this room
>I should probably go there.

I.e. when you get the map, which is really fucking early.
>>
File: OOT_Dungeons_(EditedForSize).png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
OOT_Dungeons_(EditedForSize).png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Never played OOT but you can tell from a map of the game that the water temple is a jump in topographical complexity.
>>
>>3813015
>tfw I can relate
you will never know how much this bothers me
>>
>>3814230
It'd help if your image wasn't comparing the 6th dungeon to
>part of the lost woods
>the 1st dungeon
>the 3rd dungeon
>and Ganondorf's castle which is a beat the trials deal
Not that I can fault you though since you haven't played it.
>>
>>3812836
Nothing about the Master Quest is difficult, it's just that, unless you're somehow playing OoT for the time on the master quest, you're going in with preconceptions and memories and those have to be thrown out the window.
>>
Having to run around just to raise and lower the water was a terrible mechanic.
>>
>>3815326
It didn't help that you had to play a song, sit through the song animation, and THEN got the prompt to lower / raise the level.
>>
>>3811284
Nobody cares.
>>
>>3811823
Jabu Jabu's Belly on Ocarina is harder than the Water Temple
>>
>>3810751
you can misinterpret it that way if you're a fucking retard
>>
>most fun thing in Zelda is using your sword to fight monsters
>90% of water temple you can't use your sword

IT'S AONUMA STYLE
>>
>longer than the other dungeons until that point
>up and down and all around
>taking out the boots and some other items through the menu shit ton of times
>slow ass part due to the boots

That's what I remember. Last time I played was like 13 years ago or so that GC version.
The only thing that bothered me was taking out and putting on the iron boots, other than that i liked the dungeon, but perhaps if i played this right now I will not enjoy it as much since I am older and I don't have the much patience like i had in the past.
>>
>>3808684
Kek
>>
>>3811258
Probably this, the dungeon was a little more complicated than others and I overlooked the exit behind that chest my first time but it's not the brain-bender everyone builds it up as.
>>
>>3814220
This guy gets it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.