[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>two SWAT teams >two helicopters >each member has their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: latest[1].png (635KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
635KB, 640x480px
>two SWAT teams
>two helicopters
>each member has their own uniform with no
>each armed with a unique set of weapon, including grenade launchers
>group photo shows them with assault rifles and shotguns
>Team has at least one rocket launcher
>Each member has their own unique specialty, from chemistry,

What in the flying hell did a small mid-western town need all this? This is the kind of team you'd use to take on cartels in south/central America.
>>
Rule of cool.
Jill was also ex-Delta Force, although she's barely 25, and Delta Force doesn't accept women.
>>
I want a game where we main as the dude kneeling in front of Forest. Dude is a random nobody who left the squad before the mansion incident. Lucky fucker, is what he is.
>>
>>3807492
Patriarchy!
Sexism!
Misogyny!
>>
>>3807474
I think the question you should really be asking yourself is how did the bulk of this team get annihilated in the mansion.
>>
I live in a Raccoon sized city, our downtown is similar to the one we see in RE2. Our sheriffs deputies have automatic rifles and shotguns. They also have a fucking tank that they bring out and park at the county fair.
>>
>>3807492
Man, this series was spot on in terms of realism with pharmaceutical companies turning people into zombies and shit but they really dropped the ball with a female ex-Delta Force, did they?
>>
>>3807492
Rebecca was fucking 18 for shit's sake.
>>
>>3807543
>APC
>tank
That's still pretty dope though.
>>
>>3807474

How did they make this image? What it looks like is a real image of a group in front of a heli that they then had artists draw over to turn them into STARS. Has anyone found the original?
>>
>>3807474
They explain in the JP manual that S.T.A.R.S. was created in response to a rise in urban terrorists and organized crime in Raccoon. It also implied that they were also created to serve as Umbrella grunts, but they ended up being used only as patsies instead.
>>
>>3807541

I could sorta get it if they were taken out by Hunters, since they're so fast. But the majority of the team was taken out by simple zombies. You know the enemies that you can breeze through with just a handgun.
>>
>>3807581
Not really.

Kevin and Edward were both mauled by dogs (as was Joseph, but he's with Alpha Team)
Forrest was pecked to death by crows
Richard was bitten by a giant snake
Enrico was wounded, but still survived and was only taken by an unexpected gunshot from Wesker
Only Kenneth got taken out by a zombie.
>>
>>3807492
she trained alongside delta with some sort of program

>>3807474
are you kidding me? the RPD was a fucking wild ride

motherfuckers had a napalm rocket launcher that I guess they converted to fire actual rockets just fucking because

>>3807581
>joseph got swarmed by doggos
>edward and the bravo pilot(kevin? something dooley) presumably got got by dogs
>forest took a grenade launcher to a bird fight
>kenneth was actually just a chemist and had no idea what he was doing there
>richard got bit by a fuck-off huge snake, either got cured of his death poison or died right there, then proceeded to sacrifice himself to save jill or chris
>enrico straight up gets shot

I mean, really, everyone had a rough time
>>
>>3807474
>What in the flying hell did a small mid-western town need all this?

RPD was funded by Umbrella. Wesker hired a bunch of jackholes with faked resumes so he could say "Look, our BOWs took out an ex-delta force!", when they were really a bunch of schmucks meant to die.
>>
>>3807716

Only Richard had what'd you'd call a dignified death.

Violent but dignified if you let him go out a hero.
>>
>>3807554
>Anti-depressants
>Not turning people into zombies

???
>>
>>3807991
not really about dignified deaths, more about shit deals

kenneth probably had little to no experience with shooting people, joseph probably didn't expect to get eaten by a pack of dogs, forest probably didn't expect to be fighting crows with a grenade launcher, and enrico was just a silly bastard

kevin and edward most likely didn't see roaming packs of murder-doggos in their future either
>>
>>3808410
>kenneth probably had little to no experience with shooting people

He's a swat officer. Unless he got jumped from behind (which his video shows he didn't) there's no reason he should have let the zombie shuffle at him and if bullets don't work fucking run.

Joe gets a pass because it was out of nowhere but there's no reason Forest shouldn't have been able to run
>>
>>3808919
>He's a swat officer. Unless he got jumped from behind (which his video shows he didn't) there's no reason he should have let the zombie shuffle at him and if bullets don't work fucking run.
Well, to be fair, the entire RCPD and Umbrella's mercs didn't do much better in RE3. On top of that, let's consider that you take a stance and shoot at someone who approaches. They don't drop, or stop approaching you. You start to feel that something is wrong. *You* may choose flight, but it's not completely out of the question that one would panic and just start unloading bullets from their firearm. Oh, and because you're freaked out/stressed, your accuracy just went down the tubes. Have fun!
>>
>>3808969
Police are trained to actually basically empty their magazines in to threats, because the whole point is to stop the threat and in the heat of the moment you don't have time to carefully aim every shot perfectly. In the case of a zombie, you're going to unload your gun, and the thing is still going to be coming after you unless you get a head shot.
>>
>>3807474
It's a video game. Fucking autists man.
>>
>>3807492
Jill is a newhalf
>>
>>3808919
kenneth was just a guy really good at chemistry iirc and even he didn't know why the hell he got picked for STARS

and forest might've been wounded from something else or he just got fucked up by a TON of birds

I mean, brad's so cowardly that he's nicknamed chickenheart and he's still in STARS, and rebecca is literally just an 18 year old super genius

>>3808969
well, ironically, both the RPD and umbrella's mercs also had to deal with higher ups literally shooting them in the back

brian irons literally went around killing cops and letting zombies in because "NOBODY LEAVES MY CITY, EVERYONE HAS TO DIE" and then you had dudes like nicholai just murdering everyone else so he has all the cool intel

>>3809034
I like the way you think, anon
>>
>>3808990
Equally true. The point being, just because someone is a cop/SWAT officer doesn't mean they would be trained to deal with zombies...hell, we don't train for that shit now, because who the hell expects anyone to deal with zombies, right?

>>3809153
Even before the cops had Irons going all batshit on them, you saw how in the opening, they 'relied on their training'(dodgy as that was...I mean, forming a firing squad at people? What the hell got radioed in?!?) and it just lined them up as a zombie buffet.
And while Nicholai sure was cleaning house, again...the Umbrella mercs got surprised(though I think we would ALL be surprised at an elevator full of zombies), and those who didn't get outright mauled, went slightly psycho(Mikhail).
>>
>>3807474
well who else are we gonna sell billions of dollars of military surplus weaponry to? canada? roflol
>>
>>3807474

Chief Irons wasted a shit ton of his own money on random crap, the police were likely budgeted the same way. Making your own uniform may be a local thing as Leon showed up wearing god knows what.
>>
>>3807474
>Team has at least one rocket launcher
That was actually confiscated from some criminals. Brad took it when he realised the mansion was FUBAR. He saved everyone.
>>
>>3809357
>Making your own uniform may be a local thing as Leon showed up wearing god knows what.
Kevin from Outbreak has a similar uniform to Leon.
>>
>>3807474
This is actually small for a town in America. Every sherrif's department and state police has enough gear to start a war.
>>
>>3807474
>small
if RE2, Nemesis and OutBreak was any indicative then I'm fairly certain it was more of a city than a town.

>has a zoo
>transit system
>mansion big police department
>hospital

can someone name me a real life counterpart?
>>
>>3809884
the swat guys in the opening movie of 3 had something similar as well.
seriously though, did they mail it to leon and just tell him "you are going to work as soon as you get here"?
>>
>>3810038
Raleigh, NC?
It's a city but not a city built like NYC

Police department would also be called RPD

Located in North Carolina so I'm sure they have moutains nearby
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (9KB, 232x294px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
9KB, 232x294px
Bravo team's "sniper" used a grenade launcher. I don't know if that takes more or less skill than a rifle.
>>
>>3807543
That's just because Obama shipped military surplus to police all over the nation back when he really thought he was going to federalize all the cops and have his own personal army.
>>
File: erection.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
erection.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>3809034
>>
>>3811254
alpha team's sniper dropped his gun running from dogs

needless to say, neither of them are very good marksmen
>>
>>3807474
>small mid-western town

One of the games, I forget which, said Raccoon City had over 100,000 people. It was pretty damn big.
>>
>>3811730
I always assume that the reason why Bravo Team were all wiped was because they were attacked by more monsters off-screen than what the PS1 hardware allowed to show.
>>
>>3811767
for whatever reason, I always thought it was in colorado, so i figured boulder or something, but according to google, the most supported fan theory is springfield missouri, which, despite having a low pop of 100k, has a downtown that is fairly "city" looking
>>
>>3811856
I always thought it was in West Virginia or Pennsylvania or somewhere more east because of the amount of mountains around the city.
>>
>>3807716
The pilot was Brad, he died by Nemesis in front of RPD, you can get some keys from him in RE2 if you do some stuff. It will unlock extras clothes.
>>
>>3807716
Sorry, I confused Alpha with Bravo. You are right.
>>
File: Kenneth0.png (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kenneth0.png
22KB, 320x240px
it just bugs me.
he's a pretty big dude, so him getting offed by one is just weird.
>>
File: REKenneth.png (142KB, 249x571px) Image search: [Google]
REKenneth.png
142KB, 249x571px
>>3812027
whoops
>>
>>3812034
btw in one of the early builds you found him here.
>>
>>3811815
I mean, technically speaking the REmake is considered the canon one now and it gave a reason for most deaths

but then again, the umbrella(or darkside?) chronicles section that covers RE1 makes more sense because you're going around as chris AND jill

>>3811961
bravo team's pilot is, I believe, a REmake addition but nonetheless he also died

>>3812027
I think it's probably because the games kind of treat getting grabbed by a zombie as a game over for anyone that isn't you

I'd imagine the true end for a good 99% of the playable characters during the outbreak was them not getting hit a single time, except for two specific cases with yawn and nemesis

>>3812035
huh, that's actually pretty cool
>>
>>3807474
I remember doing a really in-depth breakdown of all the weird and silly shit wrong with the RPD and raccoon city in general on a certain hellish blog site

I also really, desperately want a SWAT-style game where you play as the original STARS team, maybe sans rebecca and with the unknown STARS member, maybe both, either's fine

or maybe some silly slice of life 4koma on the daily lives of the STARS team pre-mansion incident
>>
>>3808990
>In the case of a zombie, you're going to unload your gun, and the thing is still going to be coming after you unless you get a head shot.

Not true. RE zombies die typically with a few shots to the chest. Headshots just do more damage. They're not needed for instakills.
>>
>>3812045
You mean, Brad? He was canon since the first game, he appears in RE2 and RE3.
>>
>>3812314
>>3812045
Goddamit, I keep confunsing the teams. Yeah, Edward was manual stuff, he only appeared in the Remake.
>>
>>3812326
actually I think that was kevin in the helicopter

edward's the guy who bursts through a window on the train in 0 before bringing doggo friends
>>
>>3812061
>I remember doing a really in-depth breakdown of all the weird and silly shit wrong with the RPD and raccoon city in general on a certain hellish blog site

Link it.
>>
>>3812652
now that I've re-found it, I mostly just listed a bunch of weird shit about raccoon city

http://lewdwig-fan-beefoven.tumblr.com/post/151268502969/lets-talk-about-raccoon-city
>>
>>3812705

>One, located under the police station, a

That's a common mistake, and one I made too. The scrap yard behind the Police Station leads to an elevator. It leads down to a rail system, which brings you to the actual lab. The lab is like 8 miles away from the Police station. And there's likely other entrances too.
>>
>>3812314
Zombie Brad is non canon though right? He got Nemesis'd.
>>
>>3812757

He got Nemesis'd then zombified.
>>
>>3812757
he disappears after you leave the police station, and RE3 takes place mostly before RE2 except when jill herself gets nemesis'd, because then it takes place after RE2

it's a bit of a clusterfuck, to be honest
>>
>>3812762
Can you even become a zombie after having your head smashed through with tentacles?

Also wouldn't that part of RE2 take place before he met Nemesis? I forget the timeline.
>>
>>3812705
Stopped reading at people stealing gems. Pretty sure Brian Irons placed everything strategically around the police station by umbrellas orders.
>>
File: Brad.png (449KB, 977x459px) Image search: [Google]
Brad.png
449KB, 977x459px
>>3813863
>>3812757
>Zombie Brad is non canon though right? He got Nemesis'd.
Brad got bit by a zombie in RE3 before that, so it seems like they wanted to keep it canon.

>Can you even become a zombie after having your head smashed through with tentacles?
It seems like the tentacle went through his mouth and out the other side, but his head was mostly left intact, including his brain. Thinking about it, I would expect him to be able to be zombified, but paralyzed due to damage to the spinal cord. Of course, zombie fiction never seems to acknowledge the spinal cord.

>Also wouldn't that part of RE2 take place before he met Nemesis? I forget the timeline.
No. It goes: everything in RE3 up to when Jill gets infected by Nemesis (Brad dies the first time Jill sees Nemesis, long before that) -> all of RE2 -> the rest of RE3 starting from when you play as Carlos.
>>
>>3807474

I always wondered this too but I just figured "mid-western city" was code for Chicago.

tldr; black people
>>
>>3814216
don't all the umbrella viruses give the infected super healing powers? guess that's how you could justify his spine working again
>>
File: Brad_Vickers.png (902KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Brad_Vickers.png
902KB, 640x480px
>>3814216
here's something neat.
they actually changed zombie brad to fit his actual death in 3
>>
>>3807474
>each member has their own uniform with no
with no what?
>>
File: 344.png (78KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
344.png
78KB, 384x256px
>>3815525
you never get to see it up close though
>>
but who is the best dressed S.T.A.R.S. member?
>>
>>3815538
wesker is the only one who actually looks like a cop or soldier

everyone but jill or rebecca looks like hillbillies or hunters
>>
>>3815538
who the hell is that between rebecca and kenneth?

edward?

why is jill literally the only person without a bulletproof vest, anyway? even rebecca's got one on
>>
>>3816357
>who the hell is that between rebecca and kenneth?
>edward?
Yep. Specifically, it's concept art from RE0 back when it was still being developed as an N64 game.
>>
>>3815528
It's been awhile, where do you see zombie Brad in RE3? I thought after Nemesis gets him he's gone from the rest of the game.
>>
>>3816398
hes a zombie in re2 if you do certain things in the beginning in order to find brad and kill him in order to get the secret closet key
>>
>>3816398
sorry, no zombie brad.
just his body
>>
>>3807474
it's unusual for most places to have dedicated swat to begin with.

that said, raccoon city is not a small town. it's population was ~100,000.

this swat team services a county who's main city is only ~60,000
>http://www.wcso.net/Divisions/swat.html

you are right that it's weird that they'd have rockets, but grenades make sense for deploying riot agents.

the members backgrounds are beer and pretzels tier. Jill being a master thief. chris being a military NCO at 17...yeah. Barry is really the only believable character they flesh out.
>>
>>3809283
you know what swat is trained for?

breaking down goddamn doors without using keys.
>>
>>3815528
PLEASE CREDIT GUY WHO RIPPED GAME ASSETS INSTEAD OF ORIGINAL CREATOR.

Triggered.
>>
>>3817054
Yeah this shit always bugs me too. I always go out of my way to not credit them out of spite.
>>
>>3817020
I think jill being a master thief is something only in the books, but I dunno about chris being an NCO

I know that chris is an explosives expert that trained alongside delta(but not in delta), chris was a screwup that got kicked out of the air force and only became STARS because barry recommended him, and barry was just a quartermaster or something for a SWAT team after he left the air force

you know, when you think about it, barry might've flown in the gulf war
>>
>>3817025
Makes Barry's declaration of Jill as 'The Master of Unlocking' all the more awkward and ridiculous...
>>
>>3815538
I've always wondered why Jill has those massive shoulderpads/epaulettes/pauldrons
>>
File: chris blazing it.jpg (26KB, 634x473px) Image search: [Google]
chris blazing it.jpg
26KB, 634x473px
Smoker Chris best Chris
>>
>>3817020
>>3818301
Chris wasn't an NCO. He was an officer. He flew fighter planes in the air force.
>>
>>3811927
Google the Ozarks. They are an ancient mountain chain. Very pretty area.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.