[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have trouble getting into A Link to the Past? I grew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Zelda3.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda3.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else have trouble getting into A Link to the Past? I grew up playing Zelda games, but every time I play it, I find it mostly tedious and I can't figure out why. It's cleverly designed and offers a good amount of freedom, but it just doesn't click with me.
>>
>>3805845
every 2d zelda game since is based on it, you've probably already played a few of them right? i can't play any of them anymore because its the same pasic game over and over, like pokemon.
>>
>>3805868
Yeah, the only 2D ones I haven't finished aside from this are 1 and 2. I don't think it's that I'm tired of the formula though because I still replay several of the games.
>>
i played it 3 times so idk
>>
>>3805845
Maybe you will feel different after reading this article! http://shmuplations.com/zeldalttp/
>>
>>3805845
My dick has trouble getting into A Link to the Past.
>>
I'm more into the first two Zelda than the puzzle-dungeon standard that the 3rd one set for the series
>>
>>3805897
I actually really did enjoy reading that. Maybe Miyamoto's passion will come through for me during my current playthrough.
>>
You just don't like it, that's all. There's a general consensus on what makes a good game, but people still have preferences. If we exclusively cater to public opinion then we might as well be IGN, or the washed-up "game advisor" at a GameStop with a stinky vagina who simply memorizes the lingo.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 2294x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 2294x4096px
>>3805845
It's the first Zelda game I played as a kid and I loved it.
Question for people: Why can't I level up magic? I haven't leveled it yet because it's never been selectable
>>
>>3806956
Just realized I can't because my magic level is glitched. Can't cast jump even with the magic upgrade to the south of the castle. What do?
>>
>>3805891
Even though every 2d game since has used lttp as a baseline, most of them have something unique about them. Lttp is basically the blueprint a lot of other games followed, but doesnt have that component of uniqueness that most of its copycats manage to have. In the current context of the Zelda series lttp doesn't have much of an identity other than being the first to do a lot of stuff.

I'm trying to think of something totally unique to lttp and having a hard time thinking of anything other than extremely minor characters and a few certain enemies. The powerful intro is the only thing significant that comes to mind.

I don't mean to imply that lttp isn't a well made high quality game. But going back to it after playing the latter games (which is what I did too) it doesn't really have much you haven't already seen. Not just in overall structure but in the moment to moment. Other than the dark world forest dungeon I can't think of any single thing in lttp's dungeons that are unique to just this game. Same for the overworlds. At least that's how I felt playing it.

Also I thought finding my way to each new dungeon was more annoying than fun in this game but that might just be me. I've heard from a few people this game is actually more fun the second time around so maybe I'll play through it again some time.
>>
How do I re-enter the Hyrule castle escape tunnel so I can blow up those walls?
>>
>>3807053

you get there through a hole left beside the sanctuary, either it is under some stone or a bush, then you fall and land right were the rats are running around.

Hope I could help

>>3806956
Did you use any cheatcodes and saved that game during that? Lokks like you dun goofed anyhow, you need that magic to progress in the game, maybe try dying?

>>3805845
>>3805891

How far are you into the game?
I would seriously try to play those 2 games if I were you; playing 2d zelda backwards is like taking away a part of it, it gives a better impression of the progression of the franchise. Started out with the NES ones and then when this came out I was blown away. The first one gets you hooked to the secrets and alttp improves the formula. To give yourself a drive to not only run through it you could try to get all hearts possible, which makes you have to think more about what in the world you have already seen and what not...

I like'em all
>>
>>3805845
I haven't played a Zelda since Super and Gameboy, not because I don't like them but I've been busy the last 15+ years. Now that I have a modded Wii I just refinished Zelda and Link on Nes and finishing up Link to the Past so I already have all the games ready.
>>
>>3805868
I kindve agree with this. I've never touched 3D zelda, but have played LTTP, Awakening, Minish Cap, and Oracle of Ages. Each one i enjoyed less than the previous one.
I actually stopped mid way with oracle, I just wasnt enjoying it in the slightest, and I hated alot of the puzzles. I thought it had some really poor level design too, especially around Goron mountain.
Minish Cap is enjoyable, but there are far too many kinstones, and getting heaps of rupees, special items, or heart pieces ( or an additional bottle) towards the end of the game is pointless.

I think Awakening and LTTP will always be the best.
I'm looking foward to playing the 3D ones.
>>
>>3807514
>I've been busy the last 15+ years

Same here desu, I haven't played a game in 15 years because too busy.

The worst part is that I'm pretty much unable to say what I did during all this time apart from a few milestones (degrees, etc.), and maybe it wouldn't have been worse if I just played vidya.
>>
>>3807760
And to stay within the topic, a pal actually gave me Zelda on SNES for free in 2006...

I played it five minutes to hear the main theme, got bored and never touched the SNES again.
>>
I tried getting into it this past summer as someone who has never played it before and has no nostalgia for it.

It's ok, but its not as amazing as everyone says.

That being said I just played and finished A Link Between Worlds and I fucking loved it. I know thats basically an updated version of ALTP so I'm prob going to go back and try it.
>>
>>3807356
I just got to the dark world. The furthest I've gone before was Swamp Palace. I do have the first two games, but I'm terrible at them because like you said, it's hard going backwards with the 2d games.
>>
I preferred the Game Boy titles over LttP. Felt the world design had a much tighter focus and really dug the soundtracks.
>>
>>3807356
The magic was like that when I started the game. I started a new game and the magic is normal. That save is just fucked. Jump costs 111 to cast and I can't proceed without jump.
>>
>>3805845
it goes as quick as you can play it. there's barely any bullshit running around
>>
>>3805845
Link's Awakwning is better m8

just stick to that and the oracle games
>>
>>3807812
>the dumbed down LttP copy is better
no. it's good, but not better than what it's copying. especially always switching fucking items, feels like i'm playing OoT
>>
File: comparison.png (4MB, 2140x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
4MB, 2140x1080px
>>3807832
>dumbed down
the dungeons are better designed
and the the overworld absolutely shits on alttp's overworld
it actually give you a sense of exploration
>>
Is there anything really wrong with LTTP or is it like Super Mario 64 or Half-Life 2 in that what made those games revolutionary has now become quite standard for many games and it isn't really novel anymore? I haven't played LTTP in a long time but I plan on coming back to it in the next few months.
>>
>>3807846
>the dungeons are better designed
>throw a bottle at a locked door to open it
>3rd dungeon has more keys than doors
I kind of agree on the overworld, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.