[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ genres/games that you loved as a kid but can't stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (23KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
23KB, 768x576px
Platformers for me
>>
>Rpg's
I still like them but I just don't have the time/patience to play them anymore.
>>
Definitely jrpgs.
>>
>>3804720
Came to post this. I still like just about everything else that I've always liked
>>
>>3804692
>>3804643
These...
>>
>Turn-based RPGs
>Puzzle-platformers

I have however developed an appreciation for first person shooters and Musou.
>>
JRPGs

Loved to grind for some reason. Know I can't be bothered to.
>>
>>3804643
Anything that requires any amount of thinking
fuck RPGs or Zelda likes i just wanna shoot shit
>>
>>3804994
I thought RPGs were the genre that didn't require any thinking to play.
>>
Strategy games. Fire Emblem, Langrisser, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre...I still enjoy Worms (Classic and 3D) and Disgaea, though.
>>
Jrpgs
N64/ps1 platformers
>>
Consoles
>>
WRPGs.
I've become stupider with time and I can't deal with reading that much and becoming that involved. I prefer JRPGs because they tend to be much simpler.
>>
>>3804643

Which platformers did you play as a kid? Sounds to me like you just need to expand your horizons a little to refresh on the genre.
>>
>>3804738
>>3804720
I can tolerate a JRPG, but it's got to be outstanding for some reason.

I played through FF1 last dec and it was really fun because it's such an iconic game and playing through was enjoyable.

Slogging through a random entry in Dragon Quest, or FF4 or 6 is not fun anymroe.
>>
Yeah I just rage quit Xenogears because I hit a boss that had some ridiculous party-wiping attack. I don't have time for that.
>>
Racing games, but to be fair I barely liked them as a kid.
>>
survival horror - getting scared/tense/nervous can be fun as a kid, but not so much once life becomes stressful
>>
>>3804643

Sim games/"infinite" games

I used to play roller coaster tycoon and other PC sim style games all the time. Loved Animal Crossing on Gamecube, same with the harvest moon games,

Last sim game I really got into was Animal Crossing Wild World on the DS

It was this weird heavy realization that my concept of how I view time had changed when I realized I just can't play sim games anymore. Something about realizing the games have no end and everything I'm working toward is pointless just makes me shut down and become infinitely bored.

It was really sad, I think Animal Crossing New Leaf is great but that was the game that did me in, I had tried some other stuff before that like Sim City DS or one of the GBA Harvest Moons and I had started to feel it then

Just feels badman
>>
>>3804643
Everything. I find old games I used to enjoy mostly unplayable now.
>>
Puzzle and sim games.
I can't stand the repetition anymore.
>>
File: black-kid-crying.gif (661KB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
black-kid-crying.gif
661KB, 375x283px
>>3805225
>>
>>3805148
You really struggle with a Xenogears fight? Why are you even playing it if you're such a brainlet.
>>
>>3804643
Collectathons

Spyro specifically, loved it as a kid, tried playing it now and I hate it.
>>
>>3804692
This is how I feel about heavily story driven games (like metal gear solid). Just shut the fuck up and let me play the game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.