[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is the shitty American version of Earthbound more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1358093223194.jpg (1MB, 2260x3060px) Image search: [Google]
1358093223194.jpg
1MB, 2260x3060px
Why the fuck is the shitty American version of Earthbound more expensive on Ebay than all the original Mother releases combined? You can find all three of them complete with box for circa ~50 each but a complete version of Earthbound can easily go up to 500. That's incredibly retarded tbqh.
>>
>>3804504

do you really need the concept of supply and demand explained to you?
>>
>>3804504
You won't believe this… Supply and demand actually exist. And even more mind-blowing fact for you: some people don't speak Japanese.
>>
>>3804531
But why the fuck is there more demand for an inferior version?
>>
>>3804535
If it's the inferior version why don't you just go with the smart choice and pay little to get the superior version.
Oh right, you just like all the other fat americans who drive demand so high don't read moon...
>>
>>3804504
it's almost like a heavily text based game is more desirable when it's in a language you can speak.
>>
>>3804535

It's believed to be ultra-rare by normies when it was only ever uncommon. Exasperate that fact by over a decade and you have the shitshow that is retro cart collecting today.
>>
Thanks for deleting my post but keeping another "Why is le hidden gem so expensive?" thread on the catalog.
>>
>>3804542
This. EOPs and ESLs outnumber nips and weebs.
>>
>>3804504

It's cheaper to learn japanese m8. It'll take a fucking long time though, but at least you would have saved $450.
>>
>>3806080
At this rate, I prefer to play the JP original versions of many RPGs than their localized counterparts. I wish Thracia 776 wasn't so expensive though.
>>
>>3806080
Nah mate, think deeper. Make your own game instead, why buy someone else's?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.