[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite retro Mario Kart track? Yes, the other thread inspired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: MK64.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MK64.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
Favorite retro Mario Kart track?

Yes, the other thread inspired this one, but that thread quickly went to shit
>>
>>3803719

It most certainly did. Sperglord blew his head off, lol

Moo Moo Farm. Because of Moo
>>
Rainbow Road 64

I'm not even trolling. I think its the best course in the game, and one of the best in the whole series.
>>
[Spoiler]Crash Team Racing.
>>
>>3803719
Wario Stadium is pretty good, although my favorites are actually in the DS version.
Tick Tock Clock and Walugi Pinball are the best.
>>
>>3803719

I want this to be the background music to the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1lblsy8zbY&spfreload=10
>>
>>3803901
So comfy
>>
>>3803771
I second this. Rainbow Road is an amazing course, although I prefer the one in Double Dash
>>
>>3803771

I want to hate it for the rather boring track design, but its just so gorgeous and the rainbow colors and the nintendo characters in the sky just makes me feel so fuzzy inside. its like being in a blissful dream
>>
>>3803928
It's even better on drugs
>>
The Select Screen(s).
>>
The credits.
>>
>>3803901
>>3803963
>>3803965
I meant race tracks. Not music.
>>
>>3803901
>>3803719

OP should have specified what kind of tracks he meant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHUopfx-CI
>>
>>3803719
>Race Track
Rainbow Road 64

>Soundtrack
All credits and Rainbow Roads
>>
>>3803975
Choco Mountain then.
>>
Idk it's been so long since i played i'd say rainbow road for muh feels.
>>
To break the rainbow road circle jerking, I like the ghost tracks in super Mario kart, dangerous pits and cool jumps made them interesting... They are almost like colorless rainbow roads (damnit)
>>
>>3803719
For me, it's Royal Raceway
>>
>>3804365
The best mario kart track
>>
>>3804365
>when you completely ignore the race/time trial just so you can explore Peach's Castle.
>>
File: MarioKart64_1.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
MarioKart64_1.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>3804365
This one, Luigi's Raceway and Mario's Circuit are the best one for pure drifting.

My personal favorite ones, however, are Toad's Turnpike (maximum comfy), Kalimari Desert and Wario's Stadium.
>>
>>3803719
Huh, that's odd. I don't think I have one.
I enjoyed the game but not a specific track.
>>
Koopa Beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7xOlksieQ
>>
>>3803719
SNES rainbow road
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
SNES Rainbow Road. Always glad to see it.
>>
>>3806243
Not retro
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>3806268
Happy?
>>
>>3806207
>There will never be a Mario Kart game that will look like this
:(
>>
>>3806275
weird, it looks like mario kart 64
>>
>>3806278
I don't know anon, are you sure you're wearing your glasses?
>>
>>3803719
wario stadium
>>
>>3803719
DK's Jungle Parkway.

...what? you say that's not the least favorite tracks thread?
>>
>>3806238
Took long enough, damn. This is true for both SNES and N64.

All you Wario Stadium fags. I used to love WS, but as I got better, I realized it is only second to Rainbow Road in terms of suffering from too much spreading of the racers due to the long race, and too many corners, limiting the effectiveness of many items. The end result is that racers interact very little if they get separated, which results in a boring race.

>>3803771
I'm so sorry anon. That's the only track my friends and I skip on a full playthrough. if only it didn't have walls it may have been playable.

Hardest Track?
SNES Rainbow Road, N64 Bowser's Keep, or N64 Banshee Boardwalk for me. Can't decide.
>>
I always really liked the concept and visuals for the Rainbow Road tracks, even if the gameplay on them wasn't too interesting.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0
>>
>>3806698
Wario Stadium is drift city though.
>>
>>3806772
I know, it's fun because of that, but when you play with 3 other people who can drift every turn, anything that happens to separate you tends to make it a long boring race. It actually used to be one of my favorite tracks.
>>
>>3806243
This. Seven year old me is still disappointed that Rainbow Road 64 has walls. Though Peach Curcuit 64 is a close second. I loved going into the castle grounds and hitting the hop button after the big jump to get that huge bounce.
>>
>>3806273
no
>>
>>3804365
>tfw late 2010
>tfw best bro crashing at my place for a month while he's attending job interviews in the city
>tfw playing mk64 every other night
>tfw blazed and getting delirious at the bass and everything else in the royal raceway music
>>
>>3806698
>I'm so sorry anon. That's the only track my friends and I skip on a full playthrough. if only it didn't have walls it may have been playable.
it can actually be exciting in mp... huge risk/reward factor with the jump skip.
>>
>>3806698
wario stadium's fun because there's the unintentional shortcut at the start that skipped most of the map. it could be tricky to do as kids and if you fucked up it meant you got left behind. used to be pretty hilarious when some fag would still be stuck trying to do it and everybody else had lapped him by then etc

but yeah. if you fucked up the jump and your friends didnt you'd feel like shit and see them get further and further away, building the pressure. or sometimes somebody would do it the first time, but then fuck up the other times, etc.

was fun times 2bh
>>
>>3807084
*sometimes everybody would keep fucking up and keep reversing and going back to it kek and lel
>>
>>3806273

>>3807027

/vr/ in a nutshell
>>
>>3806698
bitch please, was in the first posts

>>3803901
>>
>>3803771

>Rainbow Road 64
>Good

It's too long, easy, and it's boring.
>>
Mario Kart 64 has the worst Rainbow Road track by a long shot.
>>
>>3806302
underrated post
>>
File: die.gif (4MB, 330x200px) Image search: [Google]
die.gif
4MB, 330x200px
>>3808553
shut up
>>
>>3803771
this
>>
>>3804365

>that 3rd fucking turn right before the finish line
>always end up driving into the grass

reeeee
>>
>>3803719
Luigi's Raceway
>>
>>3803719
The best tracks from Mario Kart 64 are Bowser's Castle and Banshee Boardwalk

scrubs need not apply
>>
>>3803719
Toad's Turnpike
>>
>>3809320

It's the truth.

Mario Kart 64 sucks.
>>
File: Wario_Stadium_MK64.png (264KB, 640x206px) Image search: [Google]
Wario_Stadium_MK64.png
264KB, 640x206px
>favorite track
wario stadium

Awesome shortcuts, nice layout, not many obstacles and the big ramp.

>favorite music
character selection/frappe snowland

Its just me i guess but i despised the rainbow road.
Its ultra long and they baka fucked up the faces in the background. They were always in front of the road irritating.
It was really weird. Also too bright colors for my taste.

There is one thing i dont understand. You always had 2 'rivals', when you played a cup.
These 2 would always catch up to you no matter what.
But if a racer that is not intended to be first gets in lead, he gets faster and faster. Like a gap over half of the map. I love that. Also they drive perfect if you dont see them. If you are near them they drive in any obstacle you can think of. Same if they get hit by shells, they regain speed ultra fast and dont fly into the air. But only if you are not near. I wish there would be a romhack, that changes/ improves some of that stuff.
>>
>>3803719

My favorite retro track is Super Mario Kart's Rainbow Road.
>>
>>3810342
>Its just me i guess but i despised the rainbow road.
No its not. N64s rainbow Road is awful and always a chore.
>>
Isn't the hate for 64 rainbow road a bit exaggerated?
Yeah it's not my favorite track, it's a bit longer than it needs to be, but it's far from being horrible or deserving hate, it's alright.
The music and visuals are very soothing.
>>
>>3803771
It was my favorite too, though I liked the snes one even more
>>
Browsers castle is my favorite for the thwomps
>>
>>3810103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gc2tKdBkvo

How does this make you feel anon?
>>
>>3803771
This this this.

Nothing, NOTHING will ever beat the 4 player action of RR64. It always came down to the wire, the track was long so tons of leader changes happened.

Also, DAT MUSIC.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.