[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ I'm about to buy a VGA Box for my Dreamcast but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_P4088.jpg (166KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_P4088.jpg
166KB, 640x480px
Hey /vr/ I'm about to buy a VGA Box for my Dreamcast but I had a couple of questions:
>is any box fine or should I stick to Sega's
>my CRT doesn't have a VGA input. Should I hook it up to my LED or buy something like an old computer monitor?
>>
Why not use RGB or S-video with your consumer set?

the VGA port on the dreamcast only outputs 480p
>>
>>3801308
Well I'm a burger so I don't have a TV with a SCART jack, and I was under the impression that VGA 480p was far superior to S-Video 480i. Dreamcast for whatever reason doesn't offer component support.
>>
>>3801304
You should use VGA when you have a TV or Monitor that's compatible with it (since for some reason it isn't compatible with all TVs that have VGA) and since you are an American you should use S-video
>>
>>3801314
yes it is but you just said your TV doesnt do 480p
>>
>>3801304
>Should I hook it up to my LED
God no.
>>
>>3801394
No my TV doesn't do SCART it VGA, it has Component jacks and I also have an HDTV which obviously does 480p.
>>
Get any from the behar bros, they're incredible
and for your second question, depends since some games do not work in VGA mode so you'll need a to choose what alternative output you prefer more.
>>
>>3801304
Get one of these: http://www.beharbros.com/products
>>
>>3801767
HDMI: http://www.beharbros.com/akura
>>
>>3801769
Oo that's new.
>>
>>3801304
Any box is cable is fine. Some boxes have extra features but even the cheapest shit cable does VGA fine.
You should hook it up to something it works with. Likely something you don't own yet.

>>3801394
>readingcomprehension

>>3801769
Does this convert to a standard signal? A TV that doesn't support the DC VGA signal doesn't work is you stick a VGA->HDMI converter in the middle.
>>
>>3802653
It doesn't convert to a signal most TVs will handle. It's just a VGA cable and VGA2HDMI box stuffed in a hobby box with a $80 sticker.
>>
It hope some people would go and make a list of every TV that's compatible with VGA from a Dreamcast
>>
>>3805415
Your mom does your homework doesn't she?
>>
>>3805480
?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.