[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever try using the google translate app on old foreign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: faussete.png (11KB, 585x224px) Image search: [Google]
faussete.png
11KB, 585x224px
Anyone ever try using the google translate app on old foreign games? other than styled lettering it seems to do alright on the text provided.

my phone is too wimpy to support instant translation using the camera mode but i can take pictures to translate menus and whatnot.
>>
They have that now? That's fucking sweet.
>>
>>3799924
how cum she's nude
>>
>>3799924
How does it work? Do you take a some snapshot like QR? Or do you have to manual pick the characters?
>>
>>3799947
you can take pictures, speak it, or draw the letters one at a time if all else fails.

better phones can do instant translation that will do it in real time without taking pictures.
>>
>>3799946
dunno, random picture i found online as an example.
>>
File: 22849-menu-Virgin-Dream.png (20KB, 340x224px) Image search: [Google]
22849-menu-Virgin-Dream.png
20KB, 340x224px
here is another example for quality examples.

Nakai: Ah, it is for the coach. Nice to meet you."

this one didn't translate quite as well i think but i still have a rough idea what it says with zero context on this image.
>>
>>3799924
you're playing pc-engine cd rom games on your phone?
>>
>>3800001
no, just using the phone to translate the text
>>
Can you make manual adjustments to the input?
Is there a way to use that appli without a smapho aside from emulating it?

So far I've been using Kanjitomo to OCR games.
>>
>>3799949
That's nice, what's the name of the app?
>>
>>3800846
Google.bing
>>
>>3800612
it gives you multiple ways to input the information and even on the photo mode it lets you remove letters later if it picked up junk data.

generally from what i have seen it only has trouble with extremely small text (where the camera might not pick up all the details) or styled text where it won't pick it up at all.

when that happens you go into draw mode and draw out the letters then it supplies auto correct options to the nearest match.
>>
>>3800846
Google Translate on android (iphone should have something too but i havn't checked)
>>
just learn the fucking thing
>>
>>3801020
why would i learn an entire fucking language just to play around with a few games? i would never use it for anything else.
>>
>>3801041
I've learned english to bitch about games on 4chan and it's fun so far.
>>
>>3801047
at least with 4chan you can use english everyday.

a few japaense games and you are done, it's not like i plan on going to 2chan after
>>
>>3801041
>i would never use it for anything else.
How can you know? Maybe there's more than a few games you're going to play.
>>
>>3801050
i don't emulate and was playing around with the app after i purchased a big handful of pc engine cd games online for very little.

i also live in nebraska so japanese people are rarer than a unicorn.

seems pretty pointless outside of any i might pick up while using said app as i hear people can use it as a learning aid
>>
>>3801051
>I might pick up while using said app as I hear people can use it as a learning aid
Use your own knowledge to fill gaps for the program and the program to fill gaps for you. Over the time you can recognize patterns and learn things more effectively.

You should still do a short course on grammar, letters and vocabulary to construct a foundation to build upon.
>>
>>3801063
not likely to happen as i am a 27 year old who is married with a 2 year old son and a mortgage.

i'm pretty anchored to the routine, however i do suggest you play with the app if it catches the letters correctly it does a pretty solid job translating, i noticed good results when messing around with Snatcher for PC Engine.
>>
>>3801070
And you can't invest half an hour per day for a few weeks? You're going to end up wasting more time without it.

Snatcher doesn't have subtitles for speech. How are you going to handle that?
>>
>>3801075
i also have a sega cd with a burned copy of snatcher so i already know what is said for the most part, i was just using that version as an example.

as for your language bit, i tried learning spanish before (took 2 years of it) i think i'm probably just really stupid outside of electronics tinkering.
>>
Tried it with Segagaga, works reasonably good. God bless you OP, God bles you.
>>
>>3801076
You can play burned copies on a Sega CD but playing Japanese games you don't own is unthinkable?
You're stupid if you're giving up before even trying.
>>
>>3801082
i have an original model turbo grafx 16, the cd drive that uses will not accept burned cds while duos and better can.
>>
>>3801076
Were there any Spanish games or the like you wanted to play? Some where you were willing to eat up machine translations just to get a stab at them?
You learn a language to use it and you learn it by using it.
>>
>>3801086
the spanish was required for graduation back in highschool, passed the classes with straight As but if you ask me now i can't speak a word of it.
>>
>>3801085
What about other systems? There were some Mega CD games not translated or only in extremely butchered form.
>>
>>3801097
i have not bothered with sega cd games not in english or didn't require any knowledge of the language.

the pc engine games was in wholesale lots so i got a bunch of RPGs and other sutff mixed in.

it's really only a casual interest because i doubt the games are insanely good for how little i played.
>>
>>3801094
You could probably get back into it you found a use for it.
My aunt teaches French and complained about all the people who enter a beginner course when all they need is a little refresher.
>>
>>3801112
the local meat packing plants go out of their way to bring in hispanics/mexicans so we have a large influx of people who speak only spanish and refuse to learn english (even using their 6 year old kids as translators)

even with that the language seems gone.
>>
>>3799924
No. It's much faster to just read.

>>3800612
>appli
>smapho
What a fucking goof

>>3801112
At university I took beginner courses for languages I already knew. Aced every one and got credits for zero effort.
>>
>>3802330
Christ you sound awful
>>
>>3803613
Best thing I could ever hear from your kind.
>>
>>3801085
Mine does, maybe yours is faulty
>>
File: 2013-07-07 16-33-30.411.jpg (192KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-07 16-33-30.411.jpg
192KB, 640x360px
>>3804672
it might need a recap, though it plays all legit games no issue, 1990 manufacture date
>>
File: DSCN0937.jpg (467KB, 918x1224px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0937.jpg
467KB, 918x1224px
received the games i plan to use the Google Translate app for.

was maybe $4 or so per game.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.