[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I put a few hours into Suikoden and at the moment trying to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Suikoden_packaging01.jpg (59KB, 413x420px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden_packaging01.jpg
59KB, 413x420px
I put a few hours into Suikoden and at the moment trying to get the alchemist so he can create potions so my characters can resist the pollen that is emitting from the flowers at one of the forts.

I keep hearing great things about this series, but so far I haven't seen anything that really wowed me. A lot of the mechanics are bare bones, standard leveling and experience point system with auto-allocation of stats when your characters level up. The battles I mostly just end up mashing X to accept commands due to the fact you only seem to gain skills from equipped runes and even then the magic pool is very small for them while doing standard attacks seems to suffice most of the time anyway. There is very little customization so far outside of shard and rune equips, I can't even switch out weapons and I am on the path of only upgrading their single weapon.

Does anything open up mechanically later on that makes it interesting? It isn't a terrible game or anything, it is just solid. Not very offensive but not very gripping to me due to that.
>>
Aside from collecting more characters to perform combo attacks that's about it. That and finding more runes. And a barebones tbs minigame
>>
>>3799980
I am guessing those combo attacks are the unity attacks that I have seen a few times. I assume that you can perform them with characters that have some sort of story relation to one another.

Is the second game very similar mechanically, or are there other aspects to the battle mechanics, character customization, and so on?
>>
>>3799998
Second game has same graphics, UI, basic mechanics, etc. Just has a better story and characters. And it's longer
>>
>>3799898

Much as I love the series(mostly), I can agree that the first one is a drag. I feel it picks up a bit when you head to Warrior's Village, and you're only a bit away from the plot point that hits most people's feels, but you're not wrong for feeling the way you do about it.

The second game, as said, has a LOT of similarities to the first, but the characters are developed a bit more(even though they still make stupid decisions), the game itself is longer, and there are a LOT more mini-games(the cooking game gets just about everyone revved up). You really should finish the first one, if only for the bonus you get in the second game.

Oh, and the second game has one of, if not THE, best boss in retro RPG history. Too bad the game kind of drags afterwards, though...
>>
>>3800017
Look again. The graphics are greatly improved. The style is the same, but the colors are more vibrant, the animations more numerous and smooth, and it's all more detailed.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.