[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm looking for some assistance with modding the wii i just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 2204650-wiislim.png (40KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
2204650-wiislim.png
40KB, 320x179px
i'm looking for some assistance with modding the wii i just purchased for 28 bucks. im no stranger to softmodding as a concept, so im just looking for a quick crash course, and i figured someone on /vr/ could probably break it down the quickest, or direct me to a definitive and simplified guide. i just want to get the wii setup to start running wii and gamecube backups, the rest i can get into later on my own
>>
Letterbomb
>>
>>3799628
>i'm an underage who overpaid for a wii. i've never softmodded ever so i figured someone here would laugh at me less than on my containment board. just to be clear i don't in any way want to do anything retro.
What a faggot
But yes, >>3799641
>>
>>3799641
/thread
>>
>>3799628

Depends on the firmware version, but most likely

>>3799641
>>3799756
>>3799758

Letterbomb.

/thread
>>
>>3799628
if you cant figure out letterbomb then do smash
its most effective and safe
>>
>>3800135
>i just had to post
Why?
>>
File: 2nd martin of spring.png (527KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2nd martin of spring.png
527KB, 1600x900px
I didn't want to make TWO faggot mod request threads so...

Could someone please point me to a guide so I can turn my Stunt Race FX cart to Starfox 2?
>>
>>3800284
>remove Stunt Race FX mask rom chip
>flash Starfox 2 rom onto EPROM
>solder in place except pins 31 and 24 - swap them
>>
>>3800370
Thank you.
>>
>>3800370
I'd love to do this mod but I want to be able to solder in a nice adapter in place with a flat package rom.

I saw a guy who made an adapter himself but I'd just like to be able to buy one.
>>
>>3800370
Cool. Where do you get your SOP EPROMs?

>>3800558
Was that a TSOP to SOP adapter? That's really the best way to go. Or , you know, cut the old chip off with your dirty toe nail clippers and solder in a FSM of wires to an EPROM that you drakon on to the board.
>>
>>3801926
I rather not do that second one.

And yeah it was something like that. the adapter board had contacts you could line up with the PCB and sort of solder over and bridge the daughter board onto the main board with.
>>
Ummm... Excuse me the Wii was made post 1999. Ugh, so not following the rules
>>
>>3799628
letterbomb. fat 32 sd, hbc, emu of choice

cfg loader and a hdd is great after you figure those out

google is your friend.
>>
Go to the wiibrew wiki or whatever it's called.

How are you supposed to get some hunnies with the Wii?
>>
There's an article I found after very basic google search called something like "how to make your wii an emulation machine" or something to that effect. Very thorough guide.
>>
File: 5p0kdd.png (387KB, 547x327px) Image search: [Google]
5p0kdd.png
387KB, 547x327px
>>3801998
Like this GBA bootleg?
I've seen people selling TSOP Flash to DIP MROM adapters but not the SOP32 one you'd need for this. Maybe the guy who did it would be willing to sell you one? Preferably with a flashed chip as I'm guessing you can't burn TSOP.
If not, you could get them made for a few bucks at by any prototype place. But you still need to burn the flash. Unless you already have the kit or are going to make a bunch you may as well just get a repro.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.