[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Signs that a game you wanted to try will never be in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Wdlogo.png (8KB, 200x80px) Image search: [Google]
Wdlogo.png
8KB, 200x80px
ITT: Signs that a game you wanted to try will never be in your price range
>>
>>3797387
How does it feel to resign yourself to being poor forever at such a young age? I saved up for a Sega CD and Lunar with lawn mowing money in highschool because it was something I really wanted. If I could shell out almost $400 in 1993 what's your excuse?

Also daily reminder you can play all their games for free if you want to anyways. What is it with kids these days wanting everything for doing nothing?
>>
>>3797387
more like
>Sign that the game will have awful localization
fuck vic ireland and fuck matt alt and fuck the horses they rode in on
>>
File: 1427316111092.gif (238KB, 190x199px) Image search: [Google]
1427316111092.gif
238KB, 190x199px
>>3797387
>tfw I traded in Grandia to Gamestop way back in the day and probably got like $5 for it
>>
>>3797420
Grandia was hot trash, you got a good deal.
>>
>>3797415
hey fuck you. at least they brought the games over. also the translations weren't bad. some of the silly shit they did was because the jap jokes wouldn't work well in western culture. and the packaging and extra goodies in boxed games were great.
>>
>>3797432
>man it's really nice i got this cookie. i wish they hadn't jizzed it on, but it's still nice i got a cookie. and they even put some chocolate sprinkles on top!
>>
>>3797515

>food analogy
>shit analogy
>>
>>3797432
Fuck off.
>>
>>3797432
>also the translations weren't bad.

Austin Powers and Bill Clinton jokes say otherwise.
>>
File: working designs collection.jpg (548KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
working designs collection.jpg
548KB, 2000x1500px
>>3797387
Is that so?
>>
>>3797515
>>3797515
>>3797527

That's not chocolate
>>
>boxed copy of lunar for 150 fucking dollars
fuck you game over videos games
>>
>>3797387
Here's a pic of all mine.

>>3797394
Two words: muh llennial
>>
>>3797415

More like

>Signs that a douchey millenial weeb will bitch about how good he has it without understanding what the market was even like.

Seriously, go to hell you poser piece of shit.
>>
>>3798646
i don't even know what you're trying to say. editorial decisions in localization aren't dictated by the market, the game would've catered to the same set of niche aficionados anyway. there was no demographic beyond that.
>>
>>3797387
Shit, guess I can sell off my collection and retire then
>>
>>3797387
but you can still try it, anon. just emulate.
>>
File: d14.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
d14.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>3797394
>>
>>3798703
This.
>>
>>3800002
>retarded "me too" response

If you have nothing to actually say or contribute then shut the fuck up, you're not helping
>>
>>3797387
CD-R. Swap trick. Modchips. Psuedo Saturn. FreeMCBoot. Nintendont. Etc etc.

I haven't bought anything retro on CD in years, unless I literally could not find it online anywhere (this is mostly restricted to obscure PC games and thankfully those are cheap as shit)
>>
>>3800013
You really contributed to the thread! Good job, sport!
>>
>>3800013
>retarded not me too response
You sure showed them
>>
File: stop.gif (100KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
100KB, 300x275px
>>3800027
>>3800203
>shitposting is fine
>telling newfags to stop shitposting isn't
>>
>>3800274
>white knighting my own shit posts is super fine.
lel ebik kek
>>
>>3797415
I've told this story before but this company has my ultimate respect for the following:

They were contracted to translate the Magic Knights Rayearth video game for the Saturn which featured a full anime opening and another vocal track. Long story short, the guys on the JP end lost a bunch of data before localisation could be completed, Working Designs had somebody record English vocal tracks last minute and got it done.

I can't find the original article I read this in but it also mentioned their legal position at the time and how they were out of pocket doing this but did it anyway, they also had to re-do some other stuff but I can't recall what it was.

I will agree their translation was pretty terrible, it's akin to stuff nowadays that makes pop-culture references and memes every two sentences.
>>
>>3800652
i'm not denying their sheer passion and their pioneering efforts. they're to be respected for that, and i mean it. that doesn't absolve them from criticism, though.
>>
>>3800274
You're meant to report, hide, and ignore shitposting.
>>
File: GLocR360_Arcade_Cabinet.jpg (46KB, 599x567px) Image search: [Google]
GLocR360_Arcade_Cabinet.jpg
46KB, 599x567px
>>3797387
Don't think anyone is willing to let this cabinet go at a low price. Plus will need an attendant if the emergency button up top is hit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.