[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best S-Video cables available for Sega Dreamcast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: ihaveadreamcast.jpg (67KB, 378x480px) Image search: [Google]
ihaveadreamcast.jpg
67KB, 378x480px
What are the best S-Video cables available for Sega Dreamcast? I don't want to get ripped off by a shitty one.
>>
Go with vga.
>>
>>3793907
>>3793908

>VGA
>LCD Screen

Son...
>>
To answer your question, it probably is best to open the console and add an s video jack by tapping the av multiout.
Then you can run any cable you like.
Pin one is ground. Pins 11 and 12 are chroma and luma.
Run separate audio...pins 2 and 3.
Use shielded wire.
This is the best s video cable you can get for your dreamcast...
>>
>>3793946
That supports VGA?

Explain.
>>
>>3793957

He's talking about a CRT computer monitor.
>>
>>3793914

The nigga wanted to know which s-video cable best, not how to do a science project.
>>
>>3794018
In that case, since he's a "nigga" he should go for the gold plated one.
>>
Just get a VGA box then you're covered for all eventualities.
>>
>>3793901
Is there any particular reason why you'd go with S-Video? Those TV sets all support RGB SCART too so why not just get that which is better? Or go VGA if you have a more modern set. Trust me, it is worth a lot more
>>
>>3794067
As far as I know, No NTSC CRTs actually support RGB, which is kinda a bummer. (At least to my knowledge) Please prove me wrong.
>>
>have Sega Sports Dreamcast
>connect to TV with composite cables
>picture comes in color
>unplug composite cables and use S-Video
>picture comes in black and white
Is this a known issue that can occur with S-Video cables or would it more likely be the TV/the DC itself?
>>
VGA
>>
>>3794018
He asked for the best s video.
>>
>>3794362
Typically means your TV isn't recognising the s-video chroma: thus no color.
Maybe outputting 50hz to an NTSC display?
>>
Just use composite like a normal person.
>>
>>3793910
>too young to remember VGA CRTs
>calls others son
Top kek kid

>>3794145
You know wrong. There are a number of NTSC only CRTs that support RGB. There are countless multi system CRTs that support RGB. There are billions and billions or CRTs that support VGA. Fucking google faggot. I don't need to prove to someone elses baby that it wrong for it to eat its own shit.
>>
Use VGA unless you don't have the hookup, in which case buy an adapter or use YPbPr
>>
>>3794362
https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Dreamcast-S-Video-Cable/product-reviews/B001DLC04O/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews&showViewpoints=0

Looks like a common problem, but these reviews are all 6-7 years old
>>
>>3795030
Sorry to be such a lazy faggot but can anyone give me some good specific models?
>>
>>3795843
Of what? RGB? VGA? Size? Other requirements? Should I recommend I trisync arcade tube?
I understand you have convinced yourself these things don't exist and if they do there are only a few obscure models. But your wrong. There are literally thousands of them.
>>
>>3796030
NTSC RGB CRT any size, please.
>>
>>3796110
>NTSC RGB
>lel
>>
>>3796110
I have a B&O AV9000. It has a 29" mutli-system CRT, multi-system VCR and I think 4 SCART inputs. It's not a meme display so they're pretty cheap but it's excellent quality. It's also very thin. Especially considering it has mini cinema style curtains. I shit you not.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
I just got this retro bit for $6 to replace a flubbed AV cable.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>3796110
I don't think you know what RGB is. Any CRT (a large portion especially any CRT made after 1995) will have component inputs which are perfectly capabale of handling RGB.

On the case of the dreamcast you'll want to use vga, not svideo because vga is the only way to get 480p.
>>
>>3796770
Damn, this thing looks fuckin alien, Are you sure I can get unmodded NTSC consoles to run RGB SCART on this thing?
>>
>>3797395
Well if a console doesn't do RGB the console doesn't do RGB. But any console that can will work with this, or any other TV that does RGB SCART. You'll need euro not jap SCART cables.
>>
>>3796806

It's ok if you don't mind composite video. The s-video on that particular cable is wired into the composite line and isn't true s-video. There's another model that has s-video only and it properly separates the luma/chroma. Also would highly recommend a VGA cable for the DC. Very worth the price.
>>
>>3797985
Any other TV models you would recommend that can do the same thing? Preferably ones that don't cost a fortune?
>>
>>3798052
>$100 is a fortune
The only thing I can recommend is getting an RGB->component transcoder and using whatever component TV you can get for free. That will cost you half a fortune max.
>>
>>3793901
Literally any video cable you ever buy will work fine as long as it is well shielded/insulated. Find a thick looking cable just short enough for what you need and it will work as good as any.
>>
>>3798070
Are you implying that B&O AV9000 cost $100? Where on earth are you looking?
>>
>>3798076
Local used TV shop. I paid $350 for mine but it was complete. TV, VCR, CD, speakers. Where are you looking?
>>
File: 1418854730694.png (10KB, 158x162px) Image search: [Google]
1418854730694.png
10KB, 158x162px
>>3797987
Damn, figured that ebay pricing was too low for a legit cable. Anyways, the picture's better than before and the audio doesn't crackle so whatever. I guess I'll save up for a Hanzo VGA box and an HDMI converter.

Kinda sucks that the console costs 40% of the cable's i'm buying for it though.
>>
>>3798419
You don't need a Hanzo. Kuro is fine if all you want is VGA, no frills.
When I ordered mine, the guy made it with a red led instead of god awful blue one, because I simply asked for that in the ordering comments. I didn't expect it to, but it was a really nice simple touch from the builder. Did the same for my friend when he ordered his.
Great product, really.
>>
File: nope sorry.png (227KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
nope sorry.png
227KB, 435x435px
>>3798359
Ebay.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.